Bills Game: Worst Performances

Kaiser

Reaction score
Lol. Yea, that is tone of the opening of this thread. No initial shots across the bow or anything, no hyperbole and no inferred slant to absolve a preferred player vs. Any other player

No one addressed my retort (on watching coveted film) of how can someone "whiff" if they are engaged with a rusher at the snap

Where is the hyperbole and "shots across the bow" in the OP. Be specific.

And where did @xwalker say Sua-Filo "whiffed"? I don't see it in this thread.

If you are offended by the tone of the OP you are way too emotionally invested in backups like Sua-Filo and Thompson.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Phrases like "Parnell took Jax to the AFC champ game" is intentionally myopic at best and narcissistic psychosis at worst. .

You complained about hyperbole or slanted opinions and a few sentences later wrote this?

And a few posts later XWalker said Jacksonville "clearly signed other good players".

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Where is the hyperbole and "shots across the bow" in the OP. Be specific.

And where did @xwalker say Sua-Filo "whiffed"? I don't see it in this thread.

If you are offended by the tone of the OP you are way too emotionally invested in backups like Sua-Filo and Thompson.

I dont give 2 craps about Parnell, Free, Dez or Sua'filo and less about the team every year. And you know that wasnt the point of post. I dont lose sleep over this team or any ridiculous post - all of it is an insignificant entertainment

It was from the seminal thread of the trilogy thread that was dismissed as semantics......
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/analysis-dak-vs-bills.447078/

QUOTE="xwalker, post: 9754960, member: 5194"]

I just reviewed all of Dak's plays in the Bills game.

This post is intended for people that want to know what actually happened.

I know many trolls will try to derail the the thread but I did review all plays which I'm certain that they have not done.

My conclusion is that Dak made a heroic effort in an attempt to win the game. He threaded the needle many times with many great throws. He was under constant pressure. Without a running game, the Bills could just focus on pass rushing and pass defense.

I'm going to primarily list the "bad" plays by Dak or plays that appeared to be "bad" on his part.

• General Observations:
    • Multiple deep throws while under pressure and WRs not really open.
    • Not certain why they kept trying to deep passes to the sidelines.
    • There were multiple tipped passes. The Bills were focused on getting good jumps to tip passes.

• INT by Star Lotulelei
    • The INT was a freak play.
    • The DT was being blocked by Tyron when Dak released the ball.
    • Dak was being hit as he released the ball.
    • The play design was similar to one in the preseason that also resulted in catastrophic failure.
    • It is a high risk play where the invite pass rushes to come at Dak with Dak looking right but planning all along to throw left to Pollard on a screen pass.
    • The DT made a great play.

• Ball stripped as Dak was throwing.
    • Su'a-Filo whiffed and the pass rusher hit Dak's hand while he was in the throwing motion.
    • If Su'a-Filo could have delayed the pass rusher by 1 extra millisecond, then the pass was have been out of Dak's hand.

• INT that was over-turned.
    • There was an INT that was over-turned due to a hands to the face penalty on the Bills DL.
    • The pass was perfect to Gallup but the DB ran through Gallup before the pass arrived.
    • I watched this one several time on slow motion.

• Zeke bats the ball out of bounds.
    • Dak threw a low pass to Zeke in the flat.
    • The one that Zeke batted out of bounds.
    • It was still catch-able considering that Zeke was standing still when the ball arrived.

• Final Drive of 1st Half.
    • They were moving he ball.
    • There were 3 plays in the middle of the field on the drive.
    • They attempted a field goal on 1st down because they were out of time.
    • Is that on the QB or Coaching to throw 3 times in the middle of the field when time if running out?

• 2nd Half
  • Dak sacked on a play design that Romo said was a common Cowboys play.
    • That seems to indicate a Garrett play...

• Side Note:
    • Connor Williams Return from Injury.
    • CW had been out much of the 1st half with and injury issue.
    • He returned for the 2nd half but departed after a false start due to the injury issue.
    • Why was he back on the field if he was not healthy enough to play that snap?

• Dak's 2nd run to get a 1st down.
    • Dak made an incredible effort to run for a 1st down.
    • This was the 2nd incredible effort to get a 1st down.
    • The 1st time was prior to the 4th down when Garrett went for it at the Dallas 20 yard line.

• 4th down play in the redzone (3rd quarter)
    • The pass to Zeke looked terrible and way short.
    • After reviewing multiple times and in slow-motion it looks a bit different.
    • Looking at Zeke's location when Dak threw the ball is interesting.
    • If Zeke had moved more towards the endzone instead of the sideline, the pass would have been on target.

• Zeke drop of sideline pass.
    • Great pass by Dak in the 4th quarter with a defender in his face to Zeke.
    • Zeke has the ball in his hands and has his feet in bounds but can't complete the catch.

• Pass to the left in the 4th quarter that was almost intercepted.
    • Gallup was out near the sideline and ran an in-route.
    • He stopped just to the outside of the DB which is the opposite of what a WR would should do.
    • The WR needs to cross the DBs face and then stop.
    • Maybe Gallup thought that Dak would have time and allow Gallup to move back outside on an in & out type route which could have resulted in a big gain but in this type of game with the QB under constant pressure, I can't imagine why he might think that was possible.

• Dak has the ball knocked out of his hands on the 4th down play at about 5:48 in the 4th.
    • La'el failed in a big way.
    • The Bills originally had 11 defenders within 5 yards of the line but some dropped back just before the snap.
    • On that drive, Witten had dropped a ball that hit his hands an there was not a defender near him.
    • The ball might have been tipped but it still hit his hands.

• Last Scoring Drive
    • On the drive late in the 4th when they scored a TD, Dak threaded the needle multiple times including the TD pass and the 2-point conversion pass.

[/QUOTE]

CCBoy

Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis was really bad. Cole Beasley looked like Jerry Rice with Lewis trying to cover him. The Cowboys really miss Anthony Brown.

Strong Safety Thompson was bad. If you draw a line from Thompson to Darren Woodson in regards to ability and then draw a line at the mid-point, Jeff Heath would be on the side of the mid-point closer to Woodson than to Thompson. Yes, Thompson has been that bad. Where is Donovan Wilson or Josh Jones. Hopefully Heath returns soon!

Xavier Su'a-Filo was bad. He directly caused the ball to be knocked out of Dak's hand as he was throwing. The Cowboys were so desperate for a decent LG that they put Connor Williams back in the game without figuring out that he had torn ligament in his knee.

It is amazing that Devin Smith is so bad that he can't even make the 46.

On a positive note, LB Luke Gifford looked great on Special Teams.

Funny how mental pictures permeate the roster of this team...and very few step up and pop an opponent in the mouth when given a chance on the carpet.

A whole team prepared not to answer a shot in war...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
BTW @xwalker , I hope you won't be hesitant to continue your evaluations. I do enjoy reading them. I just disagree with part of this one. :thumbup:

Oh, and I hope you'll be less aggressive in your delivery of said evaluations. I don't like how this thread turned into a brawl, and I believe part of that is because of the way you started the thread.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Xavier Su'a-Filo was bad. He directly caused the ball to be knocked out of Dak's hand as he was throwing. The Cowboys were so desperate for a decent LG that they put Connor Williams back in the game without figuring out that he had torn ligament in his knee.

Garbage analysis

Blaming Sua Filo for the strip sack is really telling.

That strip happened at the 5 second mark.
No reasonable fan can blame the o line when they gave the QB 5 seconds to throw.

That ball has to be out or the QB needs to slide or move in the pocket to buy more time.

Any QB in football, at any level, anywhere in history, would commit indecent acts to have 5 seconds to throw on every snap.

Come on man. I don't care how much time you out into your breakdowns. Your agenda is crystal clear. Crystal

Kaiser

Reaction score

Kevinicus

Reaction score
He was when he gave up 9 sacks in 2016 while Parnell gave up zero.

In 2017 Parnell got Jaxonville to the playoffs and within 4 points of beating that Pats in the AFC Championship game after years of Jaxonville being perennial losers.
Wow, Parnell did that all by himself? Had no idea he was the best OL (or player?) of all time.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garbage analysis

Blaming Sua Filo for the strip sack is really telling.

That strip happened at the 5 second mark.
No reasonable fan can blame the o line when they gave the QB 5 seconds to throw.

That ball has to be out or the QB needs to slide or move in the pocket to buy more time.

Any QB in football, at any level, anywhere in history, would commit indecent acts to have 5 seconds to throw on every snap.

Come on man. I don't care how much time you out into your breakdowns. Your agenda is crystal clear. Crystal

Londonboy

Reaction score
The only decent performance was the singing lampshade in the halftime show.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
You aren't confused, you are dumb and disingenuous. There are a dozen of your insults on this board even after a bunch were deleted.

And you jumped into a thread to post to me about the Patriots saying "You realize I was giving you the opportunity to realize the stupidity of what you said right?"

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/jer...-for-tornado-destruction-relief.444007/page-2
I didn't jump in anything since I was the first person to respond to the OP. You should know that since you quote my post. As far as the stupidity comment goes you are the only person I've ever heard of that doesn't consider the Patriots a Dynasty. I thought you were posting drunk or something.

dfense

Reaction score
You've heard of Beer Goggles where all women look much better when a dude has at a 0.2 blood alcohol level..

Fan Googles make players look worse or better based on game results.

Options for Dak's performance:
1. Great
2. Average
3. Terrible

For anybody reviewing the game without fan googles or media narratives, the only debate is between average or great with regards to Dak's performance.
Dak was bad. He threw some pitiful balls. Too bad since he's been having such a good year. But thats a couple games in a row now that he's crapped the bed in a pivotal moment of a game.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis was really bad. Cole Beasley looked like Jerry Rice with Lewis trying to cover him. The Cowboys really miss Anthony Brown.

Strong Safety Thompson was bad. If you draw a line from Thompson to Darren Woodson in regards to ability and then draw a line at the mid-point, Jeff Heath would be on the side of the mid-point closer to Woodson than to Thompson. Yes, Thompson has been that bad. Where is Donovan Wilson or Josh Jones. Hopefully Heath returns soon!

Good evaluation! Why do you think this team seems to move the ball well between the 20s but when Dak gets into the redzone he almost never throws a ball into the endzone for a TD. He will check down or go for the lower percentage throws outside but you never see him fire the ball over the middle for a quick slant or back of the endzone TD. I think this teams struggles to score are directly related to two things. Zeke getting stuffed inside the redzone and Daks accuracy in traffic.