Bills Game: Worst Performances

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
..hate to say it, but hasnt Jaylon always been like that? Minus last year, where it was just a fluke he did well. He has no Lee instincts or football smarts.
He looks the part but it doesn't translate. He's been completely ineffective other than a couple big hits. Wouldn't be surprised if a new coaching staff with no ties to him began to limit his part on the D. May be harsh but he doesn't seem to get better.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Seriously? Are you two alts? What makes YOU and @xwalker special enough to talk down to everyone else mate?
I don't think I'll wait for an answer from either one of you. Buh bye!!

Reviewing the tape and posting analysis is only talking down to you if you were already in the gutter. Good riddance.

robbieruff

Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis was really bad. Cole Beasley looked like Jerry Rice with Lewis trying to cover him. The Cowboys really miss Anthony Brown.

Strong Safety Thompson was bad. If you draw a line from Thompson to Darren Woodson in regards to ability and then draw a line at the mid-point, Jeff Heath would be on the side of the mid-point closer to Woodson than to Thompson. Yes, Thompson has been that bad. Where is Donovan Wilson or Josh Jones. Hopefully Heath returns soon!

Xavier Su'a-Filo was bad. He directly caused the ball to be knocked out of Dak's hand as he was throwing. The Cowboys were so desperate for a decent LG that they put Connor Williams back in the game without figuring out that he had torn ligament in his knee.

It is amazing that Devin Smith is so bad that he can't even make the 46.

On a positive note, LB Luke Gifford looked great on Special Teams.
Agreed on all points. Now I just need irrefutable proof from you that you’re NOT on Anthony Brown’s payroll. ;)

Praxit

Reaction score
He looks the part but it doesn't translate. He's been completely ineffective other than a couple big hits. Wouldn't be surprised if a new coaching staff with no ties to him began to limit his part on the D. May be harsh but he doesn't seem to get better.
...and throw in Jerry just gave him Lottery money. I bet every dead beat wants to play for Dallas... ;)...

Air Force One

Reaction score
Seriously? Are you two alts? What makes YOU and @xwalker special enough to talk down to everyone else mate?
I don't think I'll wait for an answer from either one of you. Buh bye!!
See I've read the whole thread and I don't see it that way at all. XWALKER posted a thread and people started attacking him without offering any real analysis of their own. There are posters on this site(nobody in particular) who want to be X&O football knowledgeable but simply aren't and like to argue with those that are, and then can't keep up,and the just start with the oh this thread is crap. A poster who I generally respect comes in here and calls xwalkers video analysis horrible, yet I've never see him offer a quality video analysis of his own..

All I'm saying is that at least XWALKER gives info to back his position as compared to those that just say this or that player sucked.

jwitten82

Reaction score
See I've read the whole thread and I don't see it that way at all. XWALKER posted a thread and people started attacking him without offering any real analysis of their own. There are posters on this site(nobody in particular) who want to be X&O football knowledgeable but simply aren't and like to argue with those that are, and then can't keep up,and the just start with the oh this thread is crap. A poster who I generally respect comes in here and calls xwalkers video analysis horrible, yet I've never see him offer a quality video analysis of his own..

All I'm saying is that at least XWALKER gives info to back his position as compared to those that just say this or that player sucked.
If you cant see his bias, then youre blind

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I agree with that, and I respect his opinion and his efforts, but I don't agree with his opinion of Dak's performance against Buffalo.

Ebnorice

Reaction score
How many times must I say this !? Put joe looney in the freaking LG spot !!!!!!

Kaiser

Reaction score
Why don't you please point out his bias from the first post by posting your own analysis that refutes his, and clearly shows his bias for all to see?

I don't agree with everything XWalker posts but the main issue is that a lot of casual fans get emotionally invested in "Heath sucks" or "Dez is great" and just reflexively attack whatever he says. When he started posting that Dez had dropped off I thought it was nuts until I started focusing on it in reviewing the games and he was completely right. And they cut Dez at the end of the season, so guess what - he was right. In the mean time he had hundreds of posts here calling him an idiot.

This thread is just one more example of that. Some casual fans scan his post for a player they hate and then post "LOL GFY". When they are proven wrong they just ignore the fact that they were wrong.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Is is odd if Devin Smith was a top gunner on ST in college that he would not be active. They obviously like #83 better on ST despite the fact his his inexperience was a problem on that punt debacle in the Pats game.

Also great point on Looney. I was just think about him while reviewing game footage of the offense. Based on last season, it seems that Looney might be a tad better than XSF. My guess is that they don't want to expose the backup OC to injury because they don't have another legit option at backup OC; although, XSF has played OC a few times in the NFL, IIRC.

I find the team's behavior toward Devin Smith odd. Consensus 2nd round pick. Legit deep speed. Crappy with the Jets, but was also injured there, and it was the Jets. So entirely reasonable to think, as the Jets apparently did, that he's a bust. Also reasonable to think he may not be.

Yet the writers had radio silence over him the entire offseason, and only started saying anything about him after he was showing up in preseason games. Even Nick said nothing about him, even though he's been begging for more deep speed for a decade.

Then he plays in the season, and gives us big plays. Pert target, he's very productive. We have his rights for next year too. Why aren't we using and developing this guy?

Combine profile - "Might have been the best gunner in college football."
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/devin-smith?id=2552459

Devin Smith plays at Pro Football Reference - select all the pass plays for Devin Smith, and they show the pass stats for him for Dak, including QB rating 137.5.
Code:
Att_Cmp_%Cmp_Yrd_TDs_1st_QB
__5___9_55.6_113___1___4_137.5

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/pi/share/gslqA

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Also great point on Looney. I was just think about him while reviewing game footage of the offense. Based on last season, it seems that Looney might be a tad better than XSF. My guess is that they don't want to expose the backup OC to injury because they don't have another legit option at backup OC; although, XSF has played OC a few times in the NFL, IIRC.

Saving Looney for the season, as opposed to putting the best players on the field for a game?

Seems pretty risk averse on Looney, who played all 16 last year.

They did just move Redmond to IR. I'd forgotten. Or didn't notice. That seems more like saving a roster spot, but he can't come back for a while now.

That was the 16th. They moved Redmond to IR with Williams having knee surgery on the 14th? Maybe Redmond is really hurt. We've very quickly gotten thin on the interior oline. I hope McGovern is healthy enough to bring up if we have another injury.

I guess I can see why they're risk averse on Looney now.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You are uninformed.

I'm certain that you have not review the game footage.

As Jimmy once told a kicker about the Asthma field, I'll tell you about the losers field.

Go the the losers field. The losers field is over there.
We read your analysis of Dak in detail.
Every mistake had an excuse.
Talk about not seeing the game while seeing it.

Sorry x, you are wrong on this one.

He's played well in plenty of games this year, but vs the Bills was not one them

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao: Meanwhile a look at Marinelli's so called scheme.

3i1i14.jpg

He's played well in plenty of games this year, but vs the Bills was not one them
Neither was the one prior to that one. But whose keeping score. :muttley:

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Reviewing the tape and posting analysis is only talking down to you if you were already in the gutter. Good riddance.

Lol. Yea, that is tone of the opening of this thread. No initial shots across the bow or anything, no hyperbole and no inferred slant to absolve a preferred player vs. Any other player

No one addressed my retort (on watching coveted film) of how can someone "whiff" if they are engaged with a rusher at the snap (2:31) until the ball is stripped (between 2:27 and 2:26). In addition the video showed the initial punch from sua'filo paused the rush. The average release on pass plays is roughly 2.7 seconds. This is at worst 4 seconds of blocking defined as a whiff

the default go to for this poster is to label it a "whiff" while the INT was a spectacular Dline play. Perhaps the 1st round pick for the Bill's just won the ultimate battle against a journeyman 2nd round lineman. But 4 seconds against a top 5 pass rush team should signal that the clock is running out. I even posted the video of the play

The above was completely biased in that Dak had no option other than to hold it, not run, not dump to a wide open Zeke, not step up one step in the pocket seeing the rush move by him about 8 inches.

I'm not laying 100% blame on dak, but sua'filo got 100% of the blame here. It is that editorializing, argued as an "authority" and initial snark that no one else even looks at anything. It only hurts the other arguements that are more objective

Phrases like "Parnell took Jax to the AFC champ game" is intentionally myopic at best and narcissistic psychosis at worst. No context of the #2 def, Ramsey, Calais Campbell, miles Jack, bouye, etc.. all parnell. Then "jax has never been able to get to an AFC champ without parnell since 2007" .

I mean, I think you have to be a smart guy, this type of stuff is laughable and proves someone can watch all the film you want and arrive at overexagerrated confirmation bias. And to open with condescension shows it isnt for laying out facts and opinions for discussion but an insecure war cry for unquestioned admiration[/QUOTE]