Bills Game: Worst Performances

glimmerman

Reaction score
Every year we have a great season it’s starts with the run. Seems like the HC and OC and Dak want to throw the ball. A lot. There is no shame with beating a team down with the run and play action.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Great post but I would nitpick this a little bit. Most of the running game issues IMO have been from the 1T (especially when Woods was out) and LB containment. Josh Allen's rushing yesterday was actually about average for him, if you look at his game log he has 4 games this year with more rushing yards, and he has 8 rushing TDs this year -

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AlleJo02.htm
Allen didn't put up gawdy numbers, he simply made plays at the right times IMO. As far as our defense, I feel it's undersized and gets bullied. Lawrence, for all of the money he's getting paid has 5 sacks! That's embarrassing.

fansince68

Reaction score
Jourdan Lewis was really bad. Cole Beasley looked like Jerry Rice with Lewis trying to cover him. The Cowboys really miss Anthony Brown.

Strong Safety Thompson was bad. If you draw a line from Thompson to Darren Woodson in regards to ability and then draw a line at the mid-point, Jeff Heath would be on the side of the mid-point closer to Woodson than to Thompson. Yes, Thompson has been that bad. Where is Donovan Wilson or Josh Jones. Hopefully Heath returns soon!

Xavier Su'a-Filo was bad. He directly caused the ball to be knocked out of Dak's hand as he was throwing. The Cowboys were so desperate for a decent LG that they put Connor Williams back in the game without figuring out that he had torn ligament in his knee.

It is amazing that Devin Smith is so bad that he can't even make the 46.

On a positive note, LB Luke Gifford looked great on Special Teams.
Has Devin Smith's previous performances warrant his "doghouse" status. I had high hopes for him.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Allen didn't put up gawdy numbers, he simply made plays at the right times IMO. As far as our defense, I feel it's undersized and gets bullied. Lawrence, for all of the money he's getting paid has 5 sacks! That's embarrassing.
He is good against the run. But your right our DC wants smaller DT that can move. Hard to move when a huge lineman has a hold of you and even harder for them to get off the block. And the stunts are just asking for a timed run. Teams have looked at what the rams did last year. Times the stunts with the run and gets untouched through the line because the lineman are in the middle of crossing over. He seemed to have better results with a straight 4 man front. Let the LB fill the gaps..

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Everyone on D except Sean Lee deserves a negative rating. I know the team got 3 sacks, but there were way too many times when Josh Allen had all day, and both he and Singletary seemingly always got past the DL.

Kaiser

Reaction score

Yeah but Quinn has 10. Agree the defense isn't executing and that is our biggest issue by far, but some of the DLaw's season is on the injury and some of it has been Quinn getting to the QB a step faster.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They have not had a winning season without Parnell since 2007.

In 2017 they got to the ACF Championship and barely lost to the Patriots by 4 points.

Prior to signing Parnell, Jaxonville's biggest issue had been their OLine.

Jaxonville had 2262 rushing yards in 2017 after averaging less than 1500 from 2011 until Parnell was signed.

Parnell was injured the following season and Jaxonville fell apart going from the AFC Champion to a 5-11 season.

Obviously Jaxonville signed a couple of other good players when they signed Parnell, but Parnell was a big part of their success.

Parnell got the most playing time with the Cowboys in 2014. With Parnell at RT and Leary at LG, that lineup had the best performance of any Cowboys OL in more than a decade before and better than anything since.

Parnell played 7 games including the 2 playoff games and gave up a total of 1 sack.

Remember those 4 years that Parnell single handedly lifted Jacksonville into winning seasons and got 1st team all-pro selections for doing so? Yeah I don't either. To read this above you could ssurmise could be headed to Canton.

There were many reasons for them getting to the AFC title game that year and I am sure having the 2nd ranked defense played a little bit bigger part.

Appreciate the effort and love for certain players but this is a bit over the top.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Its hilarious how the attacks on XWalker are from the worst posters and doubly so when those posters refuse to do their own film review. If its that bad, do your own homework and argue the point.

The definition of Clown Post is when you spent several pages of a thread saying Heath was the worst safety in the NFL because Pro Football Focus invented a stat called Missed Tackles and had burger flippers count up plays using it.
All I said was he wasn't the best tackler. I spent pages laughing at you saying you couldn't talk to me because of that while continuing to talk to me. I never even referenced PFF.

Kaiser

Reaction score
All I said was he wasn't the best tackler. I spent pages laughing at you saying you couldn't talk to me because of that while continuing to talk to me. I never even referenced PFF.

That's a lie. You posted fan blogs saying he was the worst S in the league that were using the PFF stat as their proof.

johneric8

Reaction score
Worst performance was Garrett's Cheshire read faced grin as he gazed into tv lands naked steaming eyes thinking he got one over on us.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
You mean the thread that got deleted because of your personal attacks? Another classic clown move is lying about posts you know were deleted..... because of your behavior.
I quit posting in it and didn't realize it got deleted. I asked for a link because if I did post it I'm willing to own it. You pointing the finger at me for the thread being deleted is hilarious when you went in calling people girls names because they disagree with you on Heath. You can't even own that. ****ing coward.

catiii

Reaction score
Its hilarious how the attacks on XWalker are from the worst posters and doubly so when those posters refuse to do their own film review. If its that bad, do your own homework and argue the point.

The definition of Clown Post is when you spent several pages of a thread saying Heath was the worst safety in the NFL because Pro Football Focus invented a stat called Missed Tackles and had burger flippers count up plays using it.
Seriously? Are you two alts? What makes YOU and @xwalker special enough to talk down to everyone else mate?
I don't think I'll wait for an answer from either one of you. Buh bye!!

Kaiser

Reaction score
You pointing the finger at me for the thread being deleted is hilarious when you went in calling people girls names because they disagree with you on Heath. You can't even own that. ****ing coward.

I come back at people when they come at me. Saying "Stop name calling you blank blank" shows your level of intellect.