Bills vs Eagles

ESisback

Reaction score
The Eagles are a very good team—maybe the best—but COME ON! They don’t dominate ANYONE, but get exactly what they need, exactly when they need it. We’re into the third quarter, they’re down ten. Hurts is below 50%, about 75 yards, no TD, a pick and a fumble. Then, all of a sudden he’s Joe Montana on steroids. Should have been a catch and a fumble, but they called it incomplete, and we all KNOW, had that been a Buffalo (or Dallas) WR…

Later on, that interference no call.

Now, I have to deal with a clutch of Eaglet fans who spend their days strutting and preening and inventing “brilliantly comic” and snarky memes to disparage gridiron rivals. Yeah, I know, ignore it. Honestly, I let a lot pass, because life’s too short, but honestly…

sarge1116

Reaction score
Philadelphia is living on a prayer right now. Getting by the skin of their teeth. Who else makes a 58 yard fg in the pouring rain to tie a game? And when is the last time you seen a team take a knee and go to OT with :20 seconds left with a chance to win? And then miss a wide open man in the end zone for a walk off TD? And the week before got totally burnt on a bomb from Mahomes of all people just to have the WR drop a game winner?

Philadelphias luck is gonna run out at some point
When will it not be luck??? When will it just be, damn they are just too good ???

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
With the same amount of games, with roughly the same degree of competition (we played SF, they haven't)...

Dallas as a point differential about 100 HIGHER than the Eagles. +162 to +64. 37 more points scored, 61, that's SIXTY ONE less points given up in the same amount of games. That would tell me Dallas has a slightly better offense, but arguably a much better defense.

I don't ever want to hear "Dallas" and "luck" used in the same sentence. When they're on, they can be lethal. Especially at home.

Good night.

sarge1116

Reaction score
Don’t forget the dropped TD in the 1Q too.

Philthy still won. But eventually this stuff catches up and has a way of eventually evening out. Penalties, drops, etc. Will it be this season?? Next?? We shall see.
Haha, I like how you said next season, too funny

mote

Reaction score
Philly isn't going to beat SF.
Philly wasn't going to beat KC at Arrowhead. And they weren't going to beat a desperate Bills team with "extra rest". So sure, they definitely aren't going to beat SF at home.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Eagles are just unstoppable. Not sure how you beat them in a close game because they know how to escape in clutch situations, on both sides of the ball. Sure, they're not dominating but they are winning all of these close games and force you to outplay them in crunch time. If you can't (like Dallas, KC, and Buffalo), you will go home with the L.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
That should have been a fumble at the end. I just don't understand how Eagles come away with these wins game after game... unreal.
The refs said it wasn't a fumble. Romo and Nantz said it wasn't a fumble, Blandino came on saying it wasn't a fumble and they call NY for a booth review and they said it wasn't a fumble. What more do you want?

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Getting both Bills and 49er games at home is huge for Philly

Could still catch them, but 49ers will have to take them down in Philly next week.
It's possible but Dallas would need to go 6-0 and Philly go 3-3. Hurtz is 26-2 over his last 28. Philly has some really tough games against SF, then at Dallas. They could totally lose both and make it a lot more realistic but Dallas just can't lose at all.

Daillest88

Reaction score
I turned this crap off at halftime. Knew eagles would win. Ish was so suspect man. Eagles have a lot of fight in them tho .

bottleKids

Reaction score
I couldn’t disagree with you more. Although Buffalo is 6-5 they’re one of the better teams in the AFC and desperately need this game. Josh Allen is one of the best QBs in the league and he has a great playmaker in Stefon Diggs, so you can bet Philly will be ready. They can’t afford to drop this game especially with San Francisco next week. Plus, the Cowboys are on a hot streak and Philly has to play them at AT&T. This is an important game for Philly. If they lose it’s not because of a letdown.
Call me crazy for cheering against the Eagles I guess........ I know half this board cheers for them, I was just being hopeful. Oh well.

DFWJC

Reaction score
It's possible but Dallas would need to go 6-0 and Philly go 3-3. Hurtz is 26-2 over his last 28. Philly has some really tough games against SF, then at Dallas. They could totally lose both and make it a lot more realistic but Dallas just can't lose at all.
Yep. Highly unrealistic