Birddog26 twitter posts

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think about this too.

If this guy (Birddog) has any connection to the team, someone from the Cowboys organization needs to cut him off or can is arse, because he's on Twitter blathering about team business.

But even saying that is giving the guy too much credit. Not once has he ever forwarded any tidbit of information that couldn't be surmised by any Joe Blow that follows the team closely.

They are like Rock Band groupies. They go hang out at various functions to be around the team but don't have any official connection.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
you are right. so we have enough cbs
desperately need multiple g's, ot's and lb's
improvement in 1tech and fs would be nice

so if we get swing ot and a guard, then a fa lb would be in order before draft.
kind of like what many has been saying.

Yes. Does not have to be a guard. Can be a tackle in the 1st or 2nd.

You may or may not disagree but Collins can go to guard and call it a career there.

dwreck27

Reaction score
Was that info relased proior to the FA season? I mean most of that is like us guessing here on the board

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
look at the depth chart:

cb: awuzie, lewis, jones, white-> may need 1 more real backup
s: frazier, woods, heath ---------> need 1 more preferably that can start at fs
c: tfred ---------------------------->need backup
g: martin, ?----------------------->need starter and backup
ot: tsmith, collins, --green----->need at least 2 backup and 1 that can start
lb: lee, smith, wilson------------>need 3 and at least 1 starting mlb
Is Byron jones officially back to cb? Without a training camp?

We have a weirdo secondary with tons of potential and versatility

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
dont agree about collins.
he was playing well in my eyes.
i think this fleming guy is an ok super-sub, but does not have collin's talent

But if Fleming can hold down the RT spot, Collins can be a huge upgrade at LG. We have nobody to play there now and assuming they can just plug in a rookie is riskier than going with Jonathan Cooper again.

waldoputty

Reaction score
But if Fleming can hold down the RT spot, Collins can be a huge upgrade at LG. We have nobody to play there now and assuming they can just plug in a rookie is riskier than going with Jonathan Cooper again.

from what i have read, fleming has played 4 out of 5 ol positions and played ok at g.
i have not seen him play, but one would guess collins is more talented and better pass protector.
based on just that, i would say let fleming compete at lg with a rookie and be swing tackle.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Was that info relased proior to the FA season? I mean most of that is like us guessing here on the board
the stuff on tre boston was on tuesday.
the stuff on badger was on thursday - i believe that was before he signed with houston.
he basically said not a scheme fit - so why bother.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
from what i have read, fleming has played 4 out of 5 ol positions and played ok at g.
i have not seen him play, but one would guess collins is more talented and better pass protector.
based on just that, i would say let fleming compete at lg with a rookie and be swing tackle.

Thanks for the info. Maybe the Cowboys see Fleming as a guard....either way, I like the idea of signing him. Gives us options and flexibility. Hope it gets done.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
dont agree about collins.
he was playing well in my eyes.
i think this fleming guy is an ok super-sub, but does not have collin's talent

That's exactly what Flemming is. A swing tackle who is a very good backup in a pinch.

To move Collins back to guard I would only do it if that's where he stays because we draft a talented Tackle high.

Remember, Tyron Smith's back is flaring up time to time and it's not pretty when he's not on the field.

If the right OT falls to us with 1 of our top 2 picks, it's not a bad investment.

La'el Collins is outstanding at LG, he's solid at RT and yes he did play better nearing the end of the season.

waldoputty

Reaction score
That's exactly what Flemming is. A swing tackle who is a very good backup in a pinch.

To move Collins back to guard I would only do it if that's where he stays because we draft a talented Tackle high.

Remember, Tyron Smith's back is flaring up time to time and it's not pretty when he's not on the field.

If the right OT falls to us with 1 of our top 2 picks, it's not a bad investment.

La'el Collins is outstanding at LG, he's solid at RT and yes he did play better nearing the end of the season.

i am more worried about a talent lt who can replace tsmith if/when he cannot go.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
i am more worried about a talent lt who can replace tsmith if/when he cannot go.

Well Smith is regarded as the best LT in the league and was a top 10 draft pick.

To come close to replacing that talent when he is not there costs a lot in FA where it is rare to find that level of player.

The next is the draft and it starts in the 1st round. We pick 19th.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Well Smith is regarded as the best LT in the league and was a top 10 draft pick.

To come close to replacing that talent when he is not there costs a lot in FA where it is rare to find that level of player.

The next is the draft and it starts in the 1st round. We pick 19th.

i would not be adverse to McGlinchey if available though he probably is not quite the same talent.
or take a dominant guard so we have 3 probowlers in the middle of the ot, and hopefully collins takes the next step. in that case, we make do with an average LT.

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
If we can land Flemmings, and Martin they compete for starting spots would alleviate the need to draft a O-line in the first the 3 rounds a bit I think the Cowboys will look to trade up in the first to get their guy.
Derwin James S FSU
Roquan Smith LB Georgia
Tremaine Edwards LB Virgina Tech

Filling needs in FA albeit not top tier upside players allows you freedom to make moves to get your guy and with 10 picks we have the luxury of moving around.