Birddog26 twitter posts

Kaiser

Reaction score
When it comes to your back....what can you do?

Just a guess, but you can do whatever DeMarcus Lawrence did this past offseason. He went from a guy posters here wanted to cut to being in the Pro Bowl.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just a guess, but you can do whatever DeMarcus Lawrence did this past offseason. He went from a guy posters here wanted to cut to being in the Pro Bowl.

Well in his defense...I never heard about the team being worried about his back. But then again, may be that's why they franchised him and didn't give him a long term deal.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Well in his defense...I never heard about the team being worried about his back. But then again, may be that's why they franchised him and didn't give him a long term deal.

I meant from the previous year. In 2016 he only played 9 games and had a lot of back problems but zero problems in 2017.

Bluefin

Reaction score

I heard that Tyron Smith was going with yoga this off-season in an attempt to settle his back issues.

I haven't heard anything, either.

The team seems to want DeMarcus Lawrence on a long term deal and the tag is being used to buy time while they attempt to work something out.

waldoputty

Reaction score
It could definitely help. It would also be pretty funny to see Tyron get a taunting penalty for pancaking a DE and then standing over him saying "Namaste, Mother------"
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
that will become the new cowboys touchdown celebration
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTeEyWm2dVJ2IBOuAMNmhJcIlFr2S7eFVhHyI6Reep5hIYeZR7Hg

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I heard that Tyron Smith was going with yoga this off-season in an attempt to settle his back issues.

I haven't heard anything, either.

The team seems to want DeMarcus Lawrence on a long term deal and the tag is being used to buy time while they attempt to work something out.

I don't understand what they are waiting for. Waiting only helps Lawrence. His value isn't getting any lower from here. If he's as good as he was last season.

Bluefin

Reaction score
I don't understand what they are waiting for. Waiting only helps Lawrence. His value isn't getting any lower from here. If he's as good as he was last season.

I have no idea if the team is focusing on getting DeMarcus Lawrence's (2nd highest cap number right now) deal done first or if they want to handle Zack Martin (6th highest cap number) beforehand.

Both need to be done.

Kaiser

Reaction score
that will become the new cowboys touchdown celebration

Plus Michael Irvin already did Warrior Two in the End Zone:

11756030-large.jpg

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
He also went from sloppy fat to jacked as all get up In the contract year

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Exactly! To mention, we basically have no depth,

Get me Rashaan Evans with 1 of our top 2 picks and Josey Jewell with our 3rd and we're set at Lb.

This of course if we can get someone like Tre Boston at FS
Do we like roquan smith? To me he has that kuekhly can’t miss no Brainer whoever takes him won’t regret it vibe

fansince68

Reaction score
what are they doing in the offseason to address this back issue? are they going to just worry all offseason?
This reminds me of the Sean Lee situation. We all knew that Sean Lee is "scheduled" to have an injury annually. Tyron has had injuries of some type for the past 3 years. When he is injured he is less effective and tends to have more "mental" mistakes. We will probably get caught with our drawers down during the thick of the season during the playoff hunt. In trots Chaz Green. Daks gets creamed on one of those "Dak friendly" RPO's and suffers his first injury. In trots our UDFA back up qb that has played very little PERIOD. End of another promising season with Cowboy fans waiting "PAITIENCLY" for Gregory to return from another suspension. We will also be focusing on the combine and who we might draft in 2019 and hoping to get good free agents that actually want to play for us despite our "stingy" inept front office. (rinse repeat). I certainly hope that I am wrong next season but our FO just doesn't seem to use foresight.

Verdict

Reaction score
If we can land Flemmings, and Martin they compete for starting spots would alleviate the need to draft a O-line in the first the 3 rounds a bit I think the Cowboys will look to trade up in the first to get their guy.
Derwin James S FSU
Roquan Smith LB Georgia
Tremaine Edwards LB Virgina Tech

Filling needs in FA albeit not top tier upside players allows you freedom to make moves to get your guy and with 10 picks we have the luxury of moving around.

Everything I have seen says that Edwards is long gone by pick #19.