Birddog26 twitter posts

Daygoboy6191

Reaction score
Are you willing to give up a second to get him? I just can't see us doing that. I'm not saying we won't, but we need more than one player.

Do we need a mlb or ss more then we do a OG... IMO it’s not even close and when you consider this lb group vs last years you either move up or you hope you get someone and develop him a bit. Edmunds has star lb potential who can play all 3 lb spots.

Derwin James has star SS potential who can do it all.

You either go get them or you get a 2nd round player in the first round, and mid 2nd rounder.

Everyone wants to complain about the defense but people are scared to go up and get a potential cornerstone piece for it.

Sydla

Reaction score
There is zero percent chance that news gets made public.

Why not?

We knew what Romo was doing when he had back issues. Same with Lawrence.

I think there is nothing to report because Smith seems to be taking the approach rest and exercise will be the solution.

superonyx

Reaction score
most of us were worried about the back
i have been all for drafting LT #1.
Lets slow down a little.
Unless you plan to somehow cut T Smith why would you invest a 1st round pick and 1st round pick money into LT?
I'm not saying not to bring in depth in case he misses more time ect....But we have real holes and to blow a 1st round pick on a guy that will sit the bench for the next 5 years if we are lucky is bizarre.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Lets slow down a little.
Unless you plan to somehow cut T Smith why would you invest a 1st round pick and 1st round pick money into LT?
I'm not saying not to bring in depth in case he misses more time ect....But we have real holes and to blow a 1st round pick on a guy that will sit the bench for the next 5 years if we are lucky is bizarre.
Beyond that you need an LT1 in the draft to draft one.
This is as bad a draft for LT's as we've seen in years.
That's why Dallas is interviewing swing OTs this week.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like Tyron is holding up surgery. If that's the case, my question is what is he doing alternatively so I don't have to see him on the bench mid way through the 1st quarter. It just seems like we're waiting for the inevitable again rather than be proactive.

I'm frustrated with his situation. This whole "managing" thing hasn't worked out. And the multiple games and practices missed prove that.

And yet, what does everyone decide to do? The same thing.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Lets slow down a little.

look at how tsmith's health has become more and more of an issue the last 2 years.
we can all connect the dots.
can we afford to hope for a reverse in this trend when he is not getting much treatment in terms of surgery, which is probably what is needed?
with the lt goes the offense.
we saw that last year in its full glory.

superonyx

Reaction score
look at how tsmith's health has become more and more of an issue the last 2 years.
we can all connect the dots.
can we afford to hope for a reverse in this trend when he is not getting much treatment in terms of surgery, which is probably what is needed?
with the lt goes the offense.
we saw that last year in its full glory.
So then your plan is to cut 27 year old T Smith?
Who else are we cutting to make up for the huge cap hit cutting him would cost?
I don't think I have heard anyone seriously say they want to cut T Smith and draft his replacement....Sounds like your just digging holes next to holes just to fill them.

https://overthecap.com/player/tyron-smith/663/

dallasdave

Reaction score
After @speedkilz88 posted a couple tweets, read through a lot of @Birddog26's tweets.
Most of you probably know about birddog's possible association with the team, but not sure anyone knows who he is.
https://twitter.com/Birddog26?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Interesting tidbits if you believe - if true, signals a middle ground between garbage bin and premium fa's:
1. worried about tsmith's back
2. likes fleming for swing tackle with collins starting at rt
3. thinks they will sign fa g and draft a g also
4. did not like honey badger
5. likes tre boston, who played eric thomas' role for chargers and did well.
6. market for safeties is weak
7. plenty of dt's in draft
8. says richards has lots of input and expect lots of mix of zone and man
9. says he runs consulting company that works with many teams.
10. most fa dbs are no better than what we have.
Good post Putty :bow::bow: