Bit of info on the trade down and target players

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Plenty of RB’s with either of our 3rd round picks. Wright, Brooks, Benson, Allen. Someone will be there hopefully
you know how these teams get, once a run goes on one, it seems that everyone will start to get them

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
@Aven8 You get here right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wowwwwwwww I mean you usually see highlight films and it makes you say wow, I'm really impressed with this kid, CMC part 2??? I would love this pick, 4.39wow, I like how he finished some of the runs I saw

blueblood70

Reaction score
They were talking on 105.3 the fan about the trade down.

During the press conference Stephen said they had four players the liked.

So when the lions offered the pick they moved down five spots and wagered that one of those four would drop.

He did in Tyler Guyton.

Turns out the four players were Tyler Guyton, Graham Barton, Jordan Morgan and DE Robinson.

Barton, Morgan and Robinson were taken....along with Detroit taking the DB.

Guyton was left and they put the card in.

Guyton was a target all along. Although not a 30 visit. Coaches did meet with Guyton at Combine and through zoom meetings. They also talked at the Senior Bowl and Guyton said that he and Solari had a great relationship.

A couple of other nuggets. Stephen said they were hoping to get that fourth round pick going into the draft but they did one better with the Lions trade by getting a third.

The trade, by the standard draft trade chart, was clearly a win for the Cowboys. Detroit wanted to move ahead of GB to get that DB so they overpaid some.

Something to consider as well. The majority of mock drafts by the pundits had the Cowboys taking Guyton at 24. But they got him at 29 and picked up a 3rd round pick. Actually a top half of the third round with a pick higher than the one they have.

It was also reported that even after the trade down to 29, they still got calls from teams trying to trade up but they stayed and got the player they wanted.
Thanks for the information:thumbup:

kskboys

Reaction score
Excellent trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Major kudos to Jerry for winning one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I do not know if is true or not but word is that they were not high on JPJ in the first.

I am not sure if they would take him later or not.
Well here's the truth if they weren't taken I mean is it my eyes or none of the centers got taken the true centers there were five in this draft that are worth drafting the top three all had equal grades and JPJ has some red flags on them from injuries and I don't know what went down at the senior bowl but they're saying this dude might have a little bit of an attitude problem... But the fact that he didn't go to the Eagles they needed to center the fact that none of the true centers like pure centers went in the first round should be an indicator the Cowboys did the right thing now they gotta find a way to get one of these guys but I'm not too worried about it because I still think Hoffman would not be a drop off from TylerB as a fall back plan..

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
The Guyton selection also speaks in part to how the team may feel about keeping Smith at Guard. While all of us armchair GMs/coaches had no issue playing the O-Line shell game, I think the Cowboys had very little interest in kicking Smith to Tackle.

Most of us stated yesterday in the A.M. that we felt Guyton was going to be the pick and it happened while collecting a 3rd instead of the fourth we wanted to get back. This couldn’t have played out any better in the war room.

I’ve posted before that this organization seldom has back-to-back bad drafts, so I won’t be surprised if the momentum stays positive with our selections today.

Aven8

Reaction score
The Guyton selection also speaks in part to how the team may feel about keeping Smith at Guard. While all of us armchair GMs/coaches had no issue playing the O-Line shell game, I think the Cowboys had very little interest in kicking Smith to Tackle.

Most of us stated yesterday in the A.M. that we felt Guyton was going to be the pick and it happened while collecting a 3rd instead of the fourth we wanted to get back. This couldn’t have played out any better in the war room.

I’ve posted before that this organization seldom has back-to-back bad drafts, so I won’t be surprised if the momentum stays positive with our selections today.
Morgan and or Guyton has been mocked to the Cowboys for like two months. To pick up that high 3rd now?!? Awesome!

kskboys

Reaction score

Noooooo, if we get the same type draft, then the 2nd round pick will be useless. Thug/injured/unneeded/overdrafted, one of those.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They were talking on 105.3 the fan about the trade down.

During the press conference Stephen said they had four players the liked.

So when the lions offered the pick they moved down five spots and wagered that one of those four would drop.

He did in Tyler Guyton.

Turns out the four players were Tyler Guyton, Graham Barton, Jordan Morgan and DE Robinson.

Barton, Morgan and Robinson were taken....along with Detroit taking the DB.

Guyton was left and they put the card in.

Guyton was a target all along. Although not a 30 visit. Coaches did meet with Guyton at Combine and through zoom meetings. They also talked at the Senior Bowl and Guyton said that he and Solari had a great relationship.

A couple of other nuggets. Stephen said they were hoping to get that fourth round pick going into the draft but they did one better with the Lions trade by getting a third.

The trade, by the standard draft trade chart, was clearly a win for the Cowboys. Detroit wanted to move ahead of GB to get that DB so they overpaid some.

Something to consider as well. The majority of mock drafts by the pundits had the Cowboys taking Guyton at 24. But they got him at 29 and picked up a 3rd round pick. Actually a top half of the third round with a pick higher than the one they have.

It was also reported that even after the trade down to 29, they still got calls from teams trying to trade up but they stayed and got the player they wanted.
Guyton will turn out to be good, but the Cowboys could have picked up another 3rd and a 4th round picks had they traded down a second time into the upper 2nd round. That would have fitted them better with so many holes to fill with not even draft picks available. A very good O-Tackle could have been taken in the 3rd round at that point. Like I said, Guyton will be good with time, but the Cowboys could have had a good O-Tackle in the 3rd round, plus two extra more picks.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Noooooo, if we get the same type draft, then the 2nd round pick will be useless. Thug/injured/unneeded/overdrafted, one of those.
Lol. I do believe Brooks is the next selection so this could play right into that train of thought.

kskboys

Reaction score
Guyton will turn out to be good, but the Cowboys could have picked up another 3rd and a 4th round picks had they traded down a second time into the upper 2nd round. That would have fitted them better with so many holes to fill with not even draft picks available. A very good O-Tackle could have been taken in the 3rd round at that point. Like I said, Guyton will be good with time, but the Cowboys could have had a good O-Tackle in the 3rd round, plus two extra more picks.
Really? Which OT will be left in the 3rd? OT's taken in the 3rd are mostly busts.

ICP

Reaction score
I Liked the trade but don't like the pick.