Black Friday 2018

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
What are you looking to pick up this holiday season?

I'm thinking of trying to get something really nice for my mother, hoping for a deal on some necklace of sorts that has an engraving of my brothers and my initials on the back.

Also hoping for a nice deal on some Jabra Elite bluetooth headphones.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
What are you looking to pick up this holiday season?

I'm thinking of trying to get something really nice for my mother, hoping for a deal on some necklace of sorts that has an engraving of my brothers and my initials on the back.

Also hoping for a nice deal on some Jabra Elite bluetooth headphones.
https://slickdeals.net/f/12153628-5...080p-led-hdtv-200-free-shipping?src=frontpage

50 inch TV for $200.... sounds like a great deal for anyone looking for a new TV.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
https://slickdeals.net/f/12153628-5...080p-led-hdtv-200-free-shipping?src=frontpage

50 inch TV for $200.... sounds like a great deal for anyone looking for a new TV.
I might look into this one. Thanks Brian. They used to have good video game deals at Target/WallMart, but looks like Xbox Live and PSN have taken the rug from under the that by slicing their games digitally throughout the same period. Amazon stopped the 20% off pre-orders so it's definitely easier n easier to just go digital. I used to hate digital, but am coming around @Reality from the old gaming forum where we had a hard copy v digital discussion.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I might look into this one. Thanks Brian. They used to have good video game deals at Target/WallMart, but looks like Xbox Live and PSN have taken the rug from under the that by slicing their games digitally throughout the same period. Amazon stopped the 20% off pre-orders so it's definitely easier n easier to just go digital. I used to hate digital, but am coming around @Reality from the old gaming forum where we had a hard copy v digital discussion.
I hated buying digital games long ago but I prefer them now as long as they don't have a lot of restrictions on them. The only real pain is when you reinstall a drive and have to re-download everything again, but it's still better than keeping a lot of boxes taking up space in your house.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I hated buying digital games long ago but I prefer them now as long as they don't have a lot of restrictions on them. The only real pain is when you reinstall a drive and have to re-download everything again, but it's still better than keeping a lot of boxes taking up space in your house.
Agreeing more and more. The one aspect I notice with hard copies v digital is that the download update required is much less with hard copy games v strictly digital. I had to DL the Modern Warfare 3 game digitally and it was the WHOLE 60 gig download. When I pop in Far Cry 5 (50G for game) I only have to download a 8-10G update. Maybe you understand that more as a tech guy but that part is frustrating definitely. Only gripe as of now tbh, and yeah my gf was thankful I put my collection in the closet lol :D

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreeing more and more. The one aspect I notice with hard copies v digital is that the download update required is much less with hard copy games v strictly digital. I had to DL the Modern Warfare 3 game digitally and it was the WHOLE 60 gig download. When I pop in Far Cry 5 (50G for game) I only have to download a 8-10G update. Maybe you understand that more as a tech guy but that part is frustrating definitely. Only gripe as of now tbh, and yeah my gf was thankful I put my collection in the closet lol :D
Yes, that is very true. A lot of games have huge patches especially if you are installing from media that is over a year old. This will be less of an issue as bandwidth speeds and limits increase of course, and it is already easier than it was 5 years ago for that very reason.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will be moving soon and need to get rid of a lot of my things and that includes most of my physical games, so I've been focusing on re-buying digital versions of most of them over the last year as they go on sale on GOG and Steam or through the publisher's portal. Some companies of course let you enter your game keys/ids such as Blizzard and can download digital versions after that, but many of my older games do not have that option. Thankfully GOG helps there.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I wouldn't know. I've never ventured out on Black Friday.....ever.
Man, I made the mistake of venturing forth around 4:30- 5 p.m two days ago on my total wines (2) economy sized jugs of whiskey run(rush hour),,,Man Alive, was I ever realizing just exactly how much I've grown to Hate this town,,,SHEESE! it was a minimum of 3 stoplight cycles to traverse the intersections ( and sometimes 4 lights,due to the sidewalk spine commandos in the crosswalk ,walking against the light,,, and traffic just writhing outta side streets like maggots in week old summer roadkill),,, ya, I don't blame you.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I might stop by a few stores Friday morning/afternoon to pick up some movies and games. Crowds should be gone by then.