Black Friday 2018

lukin2006

Reaction score
46464921_1922572724458061_2089759356261236736_o.jpg

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
While there are a few very good Black Friday deals to be had with some searching for the most part a lot of the stuff on sale is junk. Wal Mart is especially bad about this especially TV's.

Taggy12

Reaction score
I couldn't go out get those two year old TV and deal with craziness . sometime ill go store later in night to see whats left. but bunch of deals are same online

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While there are a few very good Black Friday deals to be had with some searching for the most part a lot of the stuff on sale is junk. Wal Mart is especially bad about this especially TV's.
You ever get a really close look at the people standing in line for 6 hours for Walmart to open their doors on Black Friday back when that was a big deal? Santa didn't have to look far, all of the naughty people were gathered.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Wife wants the Ipad...It's about $80.00 off the price if she gets it on black friday as opposed to buying it prior and by prior I mean the last few weeks not just this week.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
I'm wanting a PS4 and anticipate GameStop will offer about the same deals as last year. PS4 Slim 1TB for $199 would be cool. I'm concerned that the better PS4 Pro system that handles 4k may actually exceed my visual acuity.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Melon, I would have been safer there. We would have won that war if they'd hidden sale items and turned those women loose. Of course, the reparation costs would have been greater.
BAWAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:lmao:Laughin' my A ** off:lmao2:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'm getting some popcorn so I can look at the madness. It is pretty entertaining as long as no one gets seriously hurt.
,,,er,,, as of LATE my Friend, I've seemingly picked up the enjoyable penchant of that reconstituted favoured QUAKER OATS& various sundries side effects,,, Man, It seems like I can brush my teeth 4 times two days after a ' bag of popcorn' ,,,, and STILL find those casing-liners detritus akin' to a Roman Legion run amok in my issued ivories,,, ya,I "love/hate" POPCORNo_O

triplets_93

Reaction score
Can you really call it black Friday when many stores open on Thursday? I think society would be well served if there was at least 2 or 3 long weekends a year where only minimal services are available.

If I was a store owner, I'd have my Black Friday Sale on Wednesday, to beat the competition!! :p

20 years ago I was foolish enough to go to the Best Buy Black Friday sale, which happened at 6am. I got there about 6:30am. It was still dark outside.

It had been cold, 40F, and drizzling. I will never forget the stench, the smell of people in damp clothing, inside a store that had bad air, because they had not been circulating air, in preparation for the onslaught. I remember two men, Eastern European/Russian looking, that had the foulest odor around them. I also remember hearing, from a distance, someone couching, with a hacking cough, that mean, nasty kind of cough that you know bordered on some contagious disease that you would never want to have.

I have never gone to a Black Friday opening since.

This year, I did Black Friday at home, sitting at my computer. Walmart's online Black Friday began at 9pm CT Wed. night. I ordered a 4K flatscreen for $400. Not junk, but a value rated item from LG that was $200 off the regular price. I used Best Buy's Black Friday online specials to order a Roku 4K Ultra at half price, and a 4K HDMI cable for $20 off. All free shipping. :)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When the Nintendo Wii came out around Thanksgiving and was in very high demand with very little supply, I remember the long lines at both local Best Buy stores starting even before Thanksgiving because each store got a small shipment in that was going to be available for purchase on Black Friday.

A friend of mine and his wife got in line at one Best Buy on Wednesday and they had other family members get in line at the other store around the same time. It was very cold and rained most of the time They were after two Wii's for their kids and ended up only getting one after all of that.

Then a few days later I was walking through Target just picking up a couple of general items and as I walked by the gaming section I saw a few people standing around and noticed an employee putting a small number of Wiis on the shelf. I walked up after the crowd got theirs and said, "I'll take a couple of those". He handed me two of them, I checked out and called my friend to tell him I got him another one for him. They were stunned how easily I got two of them after everything they went through. I jokingly told him I would sell him one for $500 (double the price) and he was about to pay me when I let him know I was just kidding.

The really funny thing though is that I was going to give my nephew the other one for Christmas but I found out his parents already got him one and since I didn't want it, I took it back to Target for a refund. The workers there were in shock that I was returning a Wii. They first said, "You know you can sell this on Ebay for a lot more?" and then when I told them I knew but just wanted to return it they started thinking I did something to it even though it was still sealed. They proceeded to open it, pull out every piece and even hook it up to make sure it worked.

While this was going on, other people were in line talking behind me saying, "Is he really returning a Nintendo Wii?" and "We should buy it from him". Even a couple of the employees asked the senior employee if they could buy it after its returned.

Once she credited my card and I was about to walk away, I said, "Good luck!" and laughed and she gave me a look and said, "Yeah ... thanks." because she knew what was about to happen with everyone wanting it.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Anyone find any good deals?

I scooped up WWE 2K and the new Call of Duty at great rates. Not much else I'm looking at, maybe a new pair of Allen Edmonds dress shoes for work.. the $299 deal is enticing, but still steep, but better than the usual price of $450

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Anyone find any good deals?

I scooped up WWE 2K and the new Call of Duty at great rates. Not much else I'm looking at, maybe a new pair of Allen Edmonds dress shoes for work.. the $299 deal is enticing, but still steep, but better than the usual price of $450
Went with a boutique brand instead of allen edmonds, code THANKFUL18 = 50% off for hand made dress shoes made in Italy. My boss is friends with the founder

https://robmcallan.com/

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Macy's has a solid deal on dress pants, picked up 2 Ralph Lauren slacks for $29.95 each with free shipping