Blake Jarwin, outjumped by a 6' guy?

lqmac1

Reaction score
Some of the red zone issues still showed up again yesterday but one of the reasons I keep citing leaped out at us on the throw into the end zone in the third quarter. Dak lobbed one up really high and it's Jarwin against a DB who he has 6 inches in height and a foot in reach on and the DB wins the jump ball. Good lord. If that's Dez it's a "Git off me" touchdown. The Cowboys desperately need a legit red zone receiver to emerge if they're going to get were they wanna go. You're not always going to be able to finesse your way open in that compressed area if the defense drops 8.
Muggsy Bogues won the dunk contest. Taller doesn’t mean higher

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I went and captured a picture for you..

Please explain to me on what planet this ball is "barely head high" Maybe on Yao Ming.. Take your time.. I'll wait..

That was one hell of a defensive play.

Last edited:

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I went and captured a picture for you..

Please explain to me on what planet this ball is "barely head high" Maybe on Yao Ming.. Take your time.. I'll wait..

To be fair you've captured the only pic, from the only angle that makes the leap look vertical, every other pic (most of them are copyrighted, apart from the one above) show Adderley driving across and in front of Jarwin.

I don't get fans (both sides) that get so polarized on Dak, he's a good quarterback, but when fans make excuses to cover any potential weakness (red zone accuracy) it gets exasperating as it impacts the team. Lets face reality,accept the issue and devise plays that we can execute.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
To be fair you've captured the only pic, from the only angle that makes the leap look vertical, every other pic (most of them are copyrighted, apart from the one above) show Adderley driving across and in front of Jarwin.

I don't get fans (both sides) that get so polarized on Dak, he's a good quarterback, but when fans make excuses to cover any potential weakness (red zone accuracy) it gets exasperating as it impacts the team. Lets face reality,accept the issue and devise plays that we can execute.

LMAO.. The reason it "makes the leap look vertical" is because it was. The DB is literally three feet off the ground when he gets his hands on the ball. I'm still waiting for your explanation as to how this throw was "barely head high" as you claimed. I captured the pic from the video directly. It shows a guy who is 6 inches shorter than Jarwin a full foot above him.. At no point in his jump was Jarwin ever as high as Adderley got on his leap. Yet you claimed the ball was thrown too low..

The other puzzling aspect of this was that nowhere in my OP did I even mention Dak.. YOU geniuses came out of the woodwork dogging Dak in defense of Jarwin.. even going so far as to make up crap about the throw's height among other ridiculous claims. The guy beat Jarwin by being more athletic.. He beat him to the spot to take away the corner pylon throw, then beat him back to the spot for the back shoulder throw then beat him by out leaping him. It is what it is.. No matter where Dak threw that ball Jarwin was never going come down with it. THAT was my point. If he threw it toward the pylon the DB had the best angle on it. If he threw it lower then it negates Jarwin's height advantage. If he just heaved it out of the end zone the result would have been the same.. an incomplete pass and I would bet a month's salary yall would have been here screaming that he should have thrown it up and given Jarwin a chance to make a play against the smaller guy. I understand fully how this game is played..

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
LMAO.. The reason it "makes the leap look vertical" is because it was. The DB is literally three feet off the ground when he gets his hands on the ball. I'm still waiting for your explanation as to how this throw was "barely head high" as you claimed. I captured the pic from the video directly. It shows a guy who is 6 inches shorter than Jarwin a full foot above him.. At no point in his jump was Jarwin ever as high as Adderley got on his leap. Yet you claimed the ball was thrown too low..

The other puzzling aspect of this was that nowhere in my OP did I even mention Dak.. YOU geniuses came out of the woodwork dogging Dak in defense of Jarwin.. even going so far as to make up crap about the throw's height among other ridiculous claims. The guy beat Jarwin by being more athletic.. He beat him to the spot to take away the corner pylon throw, then beat him back to the spot for the back shoulder throw then beat him by out leaping him. It is what it is.. No matter where Dak threw that ball Jarwin was never going come down with it. THAT was my point. If he threw it toward the pylon the DB had the best angle on it. If he threw it lower then it negates Jarwin's height advantage. If he just heaved it out of the end zone the result would have been the same.. an incomplete pass and I would bet a month's salary yall would have been here screaming that he should have thrown it up and given Jarwin a chance to make a play against the smaller guy. I understand fully how this game is played..
The timing of the DB's jump was better than the timing of Jarwin's jump The db. jumped before Jarwin If it had been thrown higher it still would have been incomplete because Jarwin jumped late on the rout. And the pass would have gone un touched.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The timing of the DB's jump was better than the timing of Jarwin's jump The db. jumped before Jarwin If it had been thrown higher it still would have been incomplete because Jarwin jumped late on the rout. And the pass would have gone un touched.

Yes as I said.. If Dak air mails that ball the ABD crowd would have sworn that he could have 'thrown Jarwin open" by placing the ball differently. The only chance for a completion was to put it up and trust Jarwin to make a play which was what was done. I have no problem with the throw.. My only real complain if you can call it that was how easily Jarwin was outflanked .. both on the route and then making the adjustment on the ball. As I said I am willing to give him a bit of a pass because he probably is not 100% back from the torn ACL or just doesn't trust his body to make sudden movements yet. Hopefully he gets better because that's a play we're going to need him to make as the season wears on.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Jarwin needs to be on the bench so Schultz can play. They have one TE who can catch and one who can catch and block. The math seems easy. And Jarwin misses that key block last week that probably cost us a touchdown and now gets out jumped by a shorter DB and probably cost us another touchdown. I guess they gave Jarwin too much money to let him sit.

Schultz is a better route runner, too.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Yes as I said.. If Dak air mails that ball the ABD crowd would have sworn that he could have 'thrown Jarwin open" by placing the ball differently. The only chance for a completion was to put it up and trust Jarwin to make a play which was what was done. I have no problem with the throw.. My only real complain if you can call it that was how easily Jarwin was outflanked .. both on the route and then making the adjustment on the ball. As I said I am willing to give him a bit of a pass because he probably is not 100% back from the torn ACL or just doesn't trust his body to make sudden movements yet. Hopefully he gets better because that's a play we're going to need him to make as the season wears on.
I just think Jarwin jumped late if the ball was thrown higher neither player would have been able to touch it. It is a timing pass and was not properly executed

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I just think Jarwin jumped late if the ball was thrown higher neither player would have been able to touch it. It is a timing pass and was not properly executed

Sorry but no.. Jarwin actually jumped too soon and already back on the ground by the time the DB gets his hands on the ball.

Maybe let's look at the whole sequence.. Here at the drop we have Jarwin's release notice the DB is deeper than him

Then a couple of steps and you see the DB has undercut him to keep him away from the corner route.

Dak read correctly that Jarwin will not make it to the pylon so he throws it back shoulder

Jarwin stops and jumps as the ball approaches.. Notice the DB is still on the ground..

As the ball gets closer Jarwin is back on the ground and the DB is rising. Notice that the DB is off the ground but his head is still lower than Jarwin's.

Finally you see Jarwin back on the ground and the DB still going up to the ball.

https://twitter.com/ronnietee24/status/1440459897737338882/photo/1

Honestly my intent here was to express my disbelief at what happened more than criticize Jarwin. He got beat by a better athlete.. It happens.. Like I said.. my recollection was that he was a better athlete than what he showed there.. and I sincerely hope he gets back to that. Apologies .. I just noticed that twitter linked all the photos somehow so they don't sync up exactly with my verbiage. It looks like the bottom pic in each set is the one which matches what I was saying about the play. Hopefully folks can follow along..

kumizi

Reaction score
LMAO this dude creating bogus threads about our middling TE to distract everyone from the fact his boy Zeke is a bum.

NotForLong

Reaction score
Sorry but no.. Jarwin actually jumped too soon and already back on the ground by the time the DB gets his hands on the ball.

Maybe let's look at the whole sequence.. Here at the drop we have Jarwin's release notice the DB is deeper than him

Then a couple of steps and you see the DB has undercut him to keep him away from the corner route.

Dak read correctly that Jarwin will not make it to the pylon so he throws it back shoulder

Jarwin stops and jumps as the ball approaches.. Notice the DB is still on the ground..

As the ball gets closer Jarwin is back on the ground and the DB is rising. Notice that the DB is off the ground but his head is still lower than Jarwin's.

Finally you see Jarwin back on the ground and the DB still going up to the ball.

Honestly my intent here was to express my disbelief at what happened more than criticize Jarwin. He got beat by a better athlete.. It happens.. Like I said.. my recollection was that he was a better athlete than what he showed there.. and I sincerely hope he gets back to that. Apologies .. I just noticed that twitter linked all the photos somehow so they don't sync up exactly with my verbiage. It looks like the bottom pic in each set is the one which matches what I was saying about the play. Hopefully folks can follow along..

maybe you can send this to Dak . . . He didnt notice How well covered Jarwin was the whole time.

You would think after $160 million He would be able to recognize this

NotForLong

Reaction score
LMAO this dude creating bogus threads about our middling TE to distract everyone from the fact his boy Zeke is a bum.
Oh damn really, I thought he was trying to hide the inadequacies of Dak. . . but this thread is really about Zeke.

NotForLong

Reaction score

Even of they were in order . . . No one can "follow" what you are saying

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Not my problem.. I can only drop the knowledge.. I can't enable yall to pick it up..

Send me your book on football...no one knows but a few of you.

Durr...durr...durr. Say's a stupid one. lol

Doing a good job, hound dog.

shabazz

Reaction score
My gosh dude, just shut up.

........he really can’t. There’s plenty more people to bash when trying to support and uplift the Messiah.

Threads must be started for the the most trivial and nonsensical reasons in the never ending propping up of Dakota........Apparently there’s a minority of posters here that believe that when Dak looks bad, they look bad or vice versa.

Self identification of the largest order