Blake Jarwin, outjumped by a 6' guy?

DFWJC

Reaction score
LOL.. people see what they wanna see. Adderley's hands go up a foot higher than Jarwin's. But he didn't outjump him? Good lord people..
Adderley....every time I see the name of one of those safties that we passed on in 2019 for Tristan Hill, I get a bit irritated.
Thornhill and Adderley both are good young players-

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lamb should get a fade almost every trip to the redzone. Playcalling is the biggest issue cause Moore tries to get cute. Running the ball in the redzone better would help as well.
I don't think its all on Moore though. I think its the execution of the players and the offensive line. The offensive line has changed since 2016. The option with Dak and Zeke use to be money.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Giants baited us. They said hey let Jarwin get 3 tds in this meaningless game so they will sign him to a long term deal and we won't have to worry about covering the yes for 3 more years. Lmao
And we’ve been looking for a tight end for four seasons. Jarwin definitely has his possibilities

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Adderley....every time I see the name of one of those safties that we passed on in 2019 for Tristan Hill, I get a bit irritated.
I’m actually loving the safeties we have right now

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Adderley....every time I see one of those safties names that we passed on in 2019 for Tristan Hill, I get a bit irritated.
I don't get to see many KC games and when I do I rarely notice Thornhill but how is he doing? Because I look at the Chiefs defense....a few all pro guys...Matheiu, Clark, Jones.......you have Thornhill out there yet they still give up 30....

If I'm being honest....out of all these safeties and DT's that we pass up on....I rarely hear anything favorable about them after the fact. Moehrig is the latest one....which its still a young season but two weeks in a row we've yet to see what you guys saw who said he could start year one for us....

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah I was wondering where the hell was Lamb open at because I didn't see it.

Yeah Lamb kinda jogs into the right flat and the DB shadows him the whole way.. Not only was he never open but even attempting it from the complete opposite side of the field would have been absolutely moronic.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't get to see many KC games and when I do I rarely notice Thornhill but how is he doing? Because I look at the Chiefs defense....a few all pro guys...Matheiu, Clark, Jones.......you have Thornhill out there yet they still give up 30....

If I'm being honest....out of all these safeties and DT's that we pass up on....I rarely hear anything favorable about them after the fact. Moehrig is the latest one....which its still a young season but two weeks in a row we've yet to see what you guys saw who said he could start year one for us....
It's true that Thornhill regressed last year after an outstanding rookie year.....all rookie team, etc.
He had a pretty bad ACL injury.
He's now had plenty of time to fully recover, so we'll see if he gets back on that upward arc.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Some of the red zone issues still showed up again yesterday but one of the reasons I keep citing leaped out at us on the throw into the end zone in the third quarter. Dak lobbed one up really high and it's Jarwin against a DB who he has 6 inches in height and a foot in reach on and the DB wins the jump ball. Good lord. If that's Dez it's a "Git off me" touchdown. The Cowboys desperately need a legit red zone receiver to emerge if they're going to get were they wanna go. You're not always going to be able to finesse your way open in that compressed area if the defense drops 8.

I guess if the Cowboys dont score a TD every time in the RZ you guys think we have a red zone issue.

But I agree they dont have a tall type red zone target.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I guess if the Cowboys dont score a TD every time in the RZ you guys think we have a red zone issue.

But I agree they dont have a tall type red zone target.

It's not a matter of think.. If you're scoring TDs on less than 50% of trips down there you have an issue. This team should be closer to 75% ... I think the two main issues are not running it enough when they get there and not having a beast receiver in that area.

stinkface

Reaction score
Maybe Jarwin just needs to loose 20 lbs. Not only will he be able to jump higher, but he will be faster. :)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's not a matter of think.. If you're scoring TDs on less than 50% of trips down there you have an issue. This team should be closer to 75% ... I think the two main issues are not running it enough when they get there and not having a beast receiver in that area.

Is that that Ronnie T standard? LOL

Expecting teams to score 75% of the time they get to the 20 is ridiculous. Maybe if you have Brady and Gronk.

I would look more at why we arent scoring. Penalties, defenses playing, ect.....ect.............

Maybe in side the 5 that would be a reasonable percentage.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Jarwin didn't really jump which he needed to. You have to out muscle DBs since most NFL players have around the same talent.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Surprise, surprise, no mention of a possible lack of accuracy. The fact you started this post to try and justify your absolution of any blame on Dak really is a stretch. It was a good defensive play where a DB gets his hand up, hardly justification of blame on anyone's count.

One question, how does jumping higher give him a better chance of catching a ball that's barely head high?

What did you find on the other red zone plays, or was this the only one that supported your bias?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Ball was not thrown high enough Noodles can do better than that

I suppose you could make an argument that as the DB was at full stretch and the ball is just about head height on Jarwin then a higher ball would have given a better chance of being caught as it was out of range of the defender.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I don't think its all on Moore though. I think its the execution of the players and the offensive line. The offensive line has changed since 2016. The option with Dak and Zeke use to be money.
Its a collection of things. It's not 1 specific thing and what they need to do is sit down and figure it out.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Surprise, surprise, no mention of a possible lack of accuracy. The fact you started this post to try and justify your absolution of any blame on Dak really is a stretch. It was a good defensive play where a DB gets his hand up, hardly justification of blame on anyone's count.

One question, how does jumping higher give him a better chance of catching a ball that's barely head high?

What did you find on the other red zone plays, or was this the only one that supported your bias?

LMAO.. You people are amazing.. The ball was barely head high but the DB nearly jumps into the stratosphere to go get it. Riddle me this.. If the ball was "barely head high" why is the DB who is 3 feet off the ground and stretched out fully just to get his hands on it? Or are you saying the DB was 11 feet tall? Blame? Look Jarwin got beat three times on this play.. First the DB beats him to the his path to the corner of the end zone.. Then when the ball is thrown the DB beats him back to inside position .. then to add insult to injury the DB outjumped him for the ball. Maybe Jarwin is not all the way back physically from the ACL injury became my memory is of him being more athletic than that.. But in this case.. he got beat plain and simple..

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
LMAO.. You people are amazing.. The ball was barely head high but the DB nearly jumps into the stratosphere to go get it. Riddle me this.. If the ball was "barely head high" why is the DB who is 3 feet off the ground and stretched out fully just to get his hands on it? Or are you saying the DB was 11 feet tall? Blame? Look Jarwin got beat three times on this play.. First the DB beats him to the his path to the corner of the end zone.. Then when the ball is thrown the DB beats him back to inside position .. then to add insult to injury the DB outjumped him for the ball. Maybe Jarwin is not all the way back physically from the ACL injury became my memory is of him being more athletic than that.. But in this case.. he got beat plain and simple..

The DB's stretching across, not vertically. You argue against yourself when you say we need a tall receiver....we had that miss match in Jarwin vrs Adderley (4" difference)....however for that to be effective you throw the ball to a position that benefits the height and takes the DB out of the play .....which in that case is higher.

If you look at Brady/Gronk, the accuracy of the throw is as important as the TE's physical attributes.

Im not absolving Jarwin from 'blame' (but he's a limited TE, especially physically and he's probably TE2, I would prefer more Schultz), but it's you who starting the thread and continue this blinkered view that Dak's got no weaknesses.

Dak is like the pitcher who needs the catcher's mitt in position for him to hit, he's unable to visualize the projected target which also results in a number of underthrown balls which land in positions the receiver was in , rather than were he's run to.

Last edited: