Blaming Dak

stiletto

Reaction score
aaaahhh..did you not watch the game.....throwing the ball into the dirt, skipping the balls into the receivers, overthrowing the WRs.....DAK can't see the field...holds the ball to long.....why do you think Cooper has been complaining...

That happened a lot on 3rd and 10+++ too after multiple pre-snap penalties by our other idiot players. Dak is not without blame but he didn't get many 2nd and 3's after all the boneheaded penalties. When he did, guys got totally beat and he got sacked!!! He had far from a clean pocket and clean Oline. Plenty of blame to go around. I'll say this though, didn't like Dak's attitude after the game. I'm worried about the guy. Wasn't a good look.

RaZon

Reaction score
aaaahhh..did you not watch the game.....throwing the ball into the dirt, skipping the balls into the receivers, overthrowing the WRs.....DAK can't see the field...holds the ball to long.....why do you think Cooper has been complaining...

Let's watch the game again which comes on in 15 minutes,

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Lol....here we go! It's all Dak's fault. Dak had bad games....I can agree. But to blame him on the season. To say he's not a very good QB, is not understanding football talk. Actually, Kellen Moore got exposed. McCarthy coached horribly....all season. We had a kicker that blew 2-3 games. We had an O-line that was horrible. The original starters played 2 games together all year long. Zeke is only good on blocking anymore. But all some of you do is blame Dak regardless. This man is one of the best leaders. This QB can make every throw. Did he miss throws? Of course he did....just any QB. RBs miss holes. OL miss blocks, etc., etc. What we really should be pushing for is more discipline, another 0-Coordinator, resigning our key FAs, a revamped O-line, a new kicker and maybe....just maybe...a new HC.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
7-10? lol. For the 2022 season...

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Mahomes
4. Allen
5. Stafford
6. Burrow
7. Murray
8. Herbert
9. Wilson
10. Tannehill
11. Ryan
12. Cousins
13-15. Dak, Carr, Jimmy G

And how many teams would Dak over Trevor Lawrence and his upside? At best Dak is top 15, which not makes him the most overpaid QB in NFL history but also gives the team very little chance to win.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol....here we go! It's all Dak's fault. Dak had bad games....I can agree. But to blame him on the season. To say he's not a very good QB, is not understanding football talk. Actually, Kellen Moore got exposed. McCarthy coached horribly....all season. We had a kicker that blew 2-3 games. We had an O-line that was horrible. The original starters played 2 games together all year long. Zeke is only good on blocking anymore. But all some of you do is blame Dak regardless. This man is one of the best leaders. This QB can make every throw. Did he miss throws? Of course he did....just any QB. RBs miss holes. OL miss blocks, etc., etc. What we really should be pushing for is more discipline, another 0-Coordinator, resigning our key FAs, a revamped O-line, a new kicker and maybe....just maybe...a new HC.

Its not his fault? Last I checked , Qb was the most important position on the field and we had 7 points going into the 4th quarter.

Zman5

Reaction score
Dak-man eating up cap space....

pacman-eating-dots.gif

Even though your take on Dak is wrong, I gave you a like 'cause that was funny.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
this isn’t true. Brady won the super bowl last season with a top 5 cap hit. It can be done. Whether Dak can do it, now that’s a whole different topic
It was be intere
7-10? lol. For the 2022 season...

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Mahomes
4. Allen
5. Stafford
6. Burrow
7. Murray
8. Herbert
9. Wilson
10. Tannehill
11. Ryan
12. Cousins
13-15. Dak, Carr, Jimmy G

And how many teams would Dak over Trevor Lawrence and his upside? At best Dak is top 15, which not makes him the most overpaid QB in NFL history but also gives the team very little chance to win.

Top 15 is generous when you consider his cap. I'd take Lawrence, Jones, and a few others. Is Dak better than a few of them today? Of course. But the others have potential so you at least have a chance. After 6 years we know what Dak is, and I'd rather take my chances w/someone else.

links18

Reaction score
Dak is good enough to get you into the playoffs in a poor division and watered down league with alot of bad football, but he won't get you past the top teams with real QBs. Heck, he couldn't even get us past Garrapolo. Now, we will suffer the consequences of his contract and we probably won't even win the division again.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Do you think he' s any good? Do you think hes worth his salary? Do you think Dallas is a viable SB team with Dak and his salary going forward? Do you think if there was a way to economically for this team to ditch him they should? Do you think Dak is as good a QB as Romo in pure QB terms. Do you think with Romo under centre we win on Sunday?

Like to know your opinions because I think Romos a better pure QB but keep being told Dak is better although my eyes say no. Romo now has a better playoff record as well with imo a worse team.
I think they are about the same QB. They are over-achievers. They can win if everything goes perfect but have a hard time overcoming any mistakes when the season is on the line.
Both need excuses to made for them due to lack of results.

What I don’t think is one QB should be excused while the other is blamed by the same person. And that is what tends to happen with both these QBs depending upon which QB a poster is trying to defend and which they are trying to blame.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s possible to win a Super Bowl with an elite QB making Dak’s money much less a Dak type of QB making Dak’s money.

We’re done until that deal is done.

This was our best shot. Now we get to watch that contract eat the roster up.

Totally healthy team that hit on draft picks and cheapo free agents. This year all the dice were in our favor. And we got curb stomped *at home* in the first round. It's a mediocre team with inflated wins and player stats from playing in the NFC Least.

UncleRico

Reaction score
We need to pivot and gear our team to a running attack and build the defense around Micah. Dak would be great as a play action game manager and not the focus of our offense. Unload Amari and Zeke. Draft OL and defense.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I'm really not a Dak guy. And his contract is what it is... we can't change that. Going forward though, I can think of only 7-10 qb's I would rather have. For the money aspect that's a C- maybe a Solid D.
So saying that, I feel the problem is MR. Narcissistic owner /Gm thought he was elite. A " real Gm and coaching staff" would recognize what we have, and draft and okay accordingly.
This offensive.line is a joke. The whole unit except Martin, do I dare say he is slightly overrated?? That's for another day. What great Gm's and coaches do is realize what we have, not force what they thought we had. Can we win a sb with Dak? Yes we can!
Can we win a SB thinking Dak is a top tier Qb?? No way in hell!!!!

This is where our wanna be billionaire Owner/Gm screws us. He dosnt realize what we have, he thinks if he paid this $$$ he has to be elite. Dosnt work that way buddy, you got screwed in thinking he was a elite qb, and you paid up! Bravo.
We all make mistakes, You got screwed with zeke as well!! Bravo for trying again.
Now, what you have to do is build a offensive line. A real offensive line. Have the qb that you (way overpaid for) be able to work within his ability. Only way this is going to work.
Stop this ego BS. Admit you got taken for a ride by the agents. Pollard 3-4 touches a game???? So so so egotistical!!!

And don't think for a second Jerry Boy didn't tell McCarthy " hey guy, I'm paying Zeke BIG BIG $$$$$, don't you dare give Pollard starter touches and make.me look foolish"

This is what is going on. Without this egotistical maniac owner /gm. Every coach would look at a cowboys job as the Mecca of football....Belichick included !!! Serious coaches would run from this clown show like the **** show it is, and always have since Jimmy Johnson.
The O-Line struggles were on Prescot or officially known as the Three Toe Sloth in NFL circles because he's so fricking slow with his reads, it's so bad that open receivers have become a thing of the past because he refuses to throw the ball down field and when he does throw it the ball is either behind or over their head or down by their ankles!!!!!!!!!!!! The 50- 50 ball is non-existent, I'm not sure why the Cowboys even employee receivers because the SLOTH would rather take a sack than throw the ball. The 9ers game plan was to take the run game away and force the SLOTH to throw the ball and guess what it worked to perfection, The SLOTH was inviting the 9ers to his personal sack party and I'm not talking about his ball sack because he was neutered at birth. The 9ers loaded the box or kept their LBers close to the box which all but eliminate the run game. The Cowboys might as well open a zoo section in JJ's world for their $40 million dollar a year Three Toe Sloth......................

RonWashington

Reaction score
Didn’t Jerry have the option to Franchise tag Dak ? See what happened this year before falling for another agent foaming at the mouth for his client ?

UncleRico

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s possible to win a Super Bowl with an elite QB making Dak’s money much less a Dak type of QB making Dak’s money.

We’re done until that deal is done.

This was our best shot. Now we get to watch that contract eat the roster up.
If we continue to draft the way we have and draft the right positions we can. Need to unload Amari contract and Zeke, or at least restructure Zeke

Tussinman

Reaction score
I don’t know. I believe he’s on his rookie deal still. The new deal hasn’t kicked in yet I believe.
You are correct. He's playing this year on the 5th year option and most of the base rate for that 5th year actually got pushed down farther down the line.
He's not.... he signed a $141.428 million contract with bonuses over 12 years, including a $63.028 million signing bonus.
Like he stated, it doesn't matter if you get extended if your still technically playing on your rookie deal.

If anything the extension meant his salary this year was actually pushed way down the contract (Mahomes cap hit for this year is only 7.4 million).

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If we continue to draft the way we have and draft the right positions we can. Need to unload Amari contract and Zeke, or at least restructure Zeke

Restructuring Zeke would require dumping more money into him, and commit us to playing him more as well. He'll be here next year and we need to look at next year as a bridge year with both Zeke and Pollard in their final years.