Blaming Dak

plymkr

Reaction score
The Dak hate is real. You'd think the guy has been quarterbacking for Dallas the last 26 years. My question to the Dak haters is this. Why the hate for Dak? Has he been here for 26 years causing the losing? No. Did he draft himself? No. Did he give himself the 80 million or whatever. No. Seems to me the guy you should be hating on is your GM.:lmao2:
I'll field this one. I don't know if I'm a Dak "hater" but I have never flipped on a player as fast as I did with Dak. I don't "hate" him but I was a self proclaimed Dak "homer". in my eyes he could do no wrong. I'll walk you through the chain of events that soured me.
1. In 2019 when Dallas was 3-0 Jerry said a deal was "imminent" with Dak, some talking heads said a deal was done and with the 3-0 start Dak and Francis backed out. Some of that is speculation on media's part but Jerry did say a deal was imminent.
2. March 2020 Dak was offered at the time the richest contract in NFL history and turned it down and said he felt "disrespected"
3. Allowed his brother to be public about ongoing negotiations and played hardball with Jerry and got the 2nd most lucrative contract with a no trade clause and a no franchise tag clause. Basically bent Jerry over and got everything.
4. His record against winning teams is poor
5. During the season when his play was questioned he referenced "band wagon fans".
6. During the season when his play was below average his brother publicly called out Dak's teammates.
7. During the season when Dak's play was below average he started blaming the officials.
8. After having one of the worst games of his career with having the ball with 2:30 and three timeouts he choked, he then proceeded to blame the refs and encouraged throwing bottles at the ref.

So I went.from.being a "homer" to I guess a "hater" because of reasons 4-8. We can't have our leader's family publicly blasting his teammates. He lashed out at fans when he played bad then he lashed out at the refs and then he encouraged violence towards the refs. He's a below average QB that can't beat good teams and lashes out at fans and refs when things don't go his way. I'm fully supportive of reasons 1-3, get your money. But when you have 1-3 followed up with destructive behaviors of 4-8, that runs me wrong as a fan.

plymkr

Reaction score
Let's watch the game again which comes on in 15 minutes,
Watch it again? No way bro, I got enough pain in my life. I won't be able to watch that for a couple weeks, maybe months without getting angry. I salute you if you can watch that mess again.

mardwin

Reaction score
Do you guys ever get tired of saying the saying the same things over and over?

Money, Money, Money Money Money Money.

We get it..you think he is overpaid. Holy cow...yet....never hear it with these guys stealing money and among the highest paid at their positions:

Tyron
Collins
Dlaw
Zeke
Cooper (who i hate to list here because he is borderline but his loafing routes pissed me offlast few games.)

Now we can't fill any gaps because our average QB is making elite money. I expect next season and the season after to be the same with Dak at QB.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Lol....here we go! It's all Dak's fault. Dak had bad games....I can agree. But to blame him on the season. To say he's not a very good QB, is not understanding football talk. Actually, Kellen Moore got exposed. McCarthy coached horribly....all season. We had a kicker that blew 2-3 games. We had an O-line that was horrible. The original starters played 2 games together all year long. Zeke is only good on blocking anymore. But all some of you do is blame Dak regardless. This man is one of the best leaders. This QB can make every throw. Did he miss throws? Of course he did....just any QB. RBs miss holes. OL miss blocks, etc., etc. What we really should be pushing for is more discipline, another 0-Coordinator, resigning our key FAs, a revamped O-line, a new kicker and maybe....just maybe...a new HC.

There we go, a bit of editing and you've got it right.

It's this divide where the Dak obsessive just doesnt take it that as he's exponentially more responsible (especially in 2022) due to the massive CAP resources we spend on him (to the detriment of the rest of the roster).

I actually agree that we should of given Dak the contract and think it will work out as Micah is potentially HOF material, however, Dak cannot hide behind an: O-Line, OC, RB, dropped catches......with the money comes the responsibility

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Dak was a little more accurate we win this game.

With all the offensive issues we had we still had a chance to win. But Daks arm is limited and when he's off more than normal guys can't make up for it.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
There we go, a bit of editing and you've got it right.

It's this divide where the Dak obsessive just doesnt take it that as he's exponentially more responsible (especially in 2022) due to the massive CAP resources we spend on him (to the detriment of the rest of the roster).

I actually agree that we should of given Dak the contract and think it will work out as Micah is potentially HOF material, however, Dak cannot hide behind an: O-Line, OC, RB, dropped catches......with the money comes the responsibility

Lol...just because Dak was paid does not mean he's going to win a Super Bowl. Dak has put this team on his back many times. Winning a Super Bowl requires working as a unit...from the front office down to the 53rd player. Teams are good as their weakest link. And sometimes that weak link or links are too much of a weak link. Second half of the season, teams figured out how to play Kellen Moore's scheme. No running game. Receivers running stick routes. Not taking advantage of one on ones. Dak not being as accurate to name a few. The O-line wasn't good all season. Those are huge weak links. The Special Teams, though was good overall, had a weak link. Our kicker lost at least a couple games. My point is...it's not just Dak's fault. You say with his pay, it's more responsibility, well I'm willing to bet you would blame him if he was still on his rookie salary. Quit finding reasons to blame Dak. There are many high paying players on this team that didn't perform. Dak had a good season.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I think they are about the same QB. They are over-achievers.
No GM in the league will ever think Dak and Romo are "about the same" QB. They're not even close.

Romo is the superior QB. Of course he's an overachiever. He was an undrafted QB who finished his career with (and still) top 5 QB rating in the league. Names like Rogers, Brady, Young, etc., are those who are above him. So is Tom Brady by that definition (even though he's the most rigged for QB ever) since he's a 6th round draft pick with 7 SBs and numerous passing records.

I doubt Dak will even finish in the top 25.

Aven8

Reaction score
The Dak hate is real. You'd think the guy has been quarterbacking for Dallas the last 26 years. My question to the Dak haters is this. Why the hate for Dak? Has he been here for 26 years causing the losing? No. Did he draft himself? No. Did he give himself the 80 million or whatever. No. Seems to me the guy you should be hating on is your GM.:lmao2:

This. They had there chance to sign Dak early and let it ride and got burnt. Not Dak’s fault

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
It's almost like when your GM overpays for a Cousins type and you continue to fall short.

You get fired for those moves.

Here it is considered "an advantage" to have the owner be the GM

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
It's almost like when your GM overpays for a Cousins type and you continue to fall short.

You get fired for those moves.

Here it is considered "an advantage" to have the owner be the GM
I'd love to see Jerry have the same guy running his business like he runs his team. Jerry would be BROKE! With Jerry it's always about the money. Not winning. Don't get the two mistaken.

Last edited:

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I'll field this one. I don't know if I'm a Dak "hater" but I have never flipped on a player as fast as I did with Dak. I don't "hate" him but I was a self proclaimed Dak "homer". in my eyes he could do no wrong. I'll walk you through the chain of events that soured me.
1. In 2019 when Dallas was 3-0 Jerry said a deal was "imminent" with Dak, some talking heads said a deal was done and with the 3-0 start Dak and Francis backed out. Some of that is speculation on media's part but Jerry did say a deal was imminent.
2. March 2020 Dak was offered at the time the richest contract in NFL history and turned it down and said he felt "disrespected"
3. Allowed his brother to be public about ongoing negotiations and played hardball with Jerry and got the 2nd most lucrative contract with a no trade clause and a no franchise tag clause. Basically bent Jerry over and got everything.
5. During the season when his play was questioned he referenced "band wagon fans".
6. During the season when his play was below average his brother publicly called out Dak's teammates.
7. During the season when Dak's play was below average he started blaming the officials.
8. After having one of the worst games of his career with having the ball with 2:30 and three timeouts he choked, he then proceeded to blame the refs and encouraged throwing bottles at the ref.

So I went.from.being a "homer" to I guess a "hater" because of reasons 4-8. We can't have our leader's family publicly blasting his teammates. He lashed out at fans when he played bad then he lashed out at the refs and then he encouraged violence towards the refs. He's a below average QB that can't beat good teams and lashes out at fans and refs when things don't go his way. I'm fully supportive of reasons 1-3, get your money. But when you have 1-3 followed up with destructive behaviors of 4-8, that runs me wrong as a fan.

Good points but then you must be in pure hell hate against Jerry, right??? According to you Dak has screwed us for 6 years. Jerry has done it for 26. So again. You should be on Defcon 1 with Jerry-yet I'm only hearing you about Dak. But that's your right my fellow Cowboy fan.

Aftershock

Reaction score

And anyone who still touts Dak as a "leader" should be banned off this forum

Dre11

Reaction score
Dak would not even be allowed to sniff Mahomes jock. Apples to oranges.

Stay on topic or gtfoh. The statement was made that teams with an elite qb at 40 million can't win a superbowl. It wasn't a comparison sherlock

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
7-10? lol. For the 2022 season...

1. Brady
2. Rodgers
3. Mahomes
4. Allen
5. Stafford
6. Burrow
7. Murray
8. Herbert
9. Wilson
10. Tannehill
11. Ryan
12. Cousins
13-15. Dak, Carr, Jimmy G

And how many teams would Dak over Trevor Lawrence and his upside? At best Dak is top 15, which not makes him the most overpaid QB in NFL history but also gives the team very little chance to win.
Cousins!? really....he is 20-25 range.....Ryan? he is washed up. Tannehill....in dallas he would be just like Dak....he is the best dang bus driver. great coach. great running game. great defense...... here he would be Miami Tannehill....I can live with the rest. I put Jimmy below Dak, since they absolutely work around him....

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Lol...just because Dak was paid does not mean he's going to win a Super Bowl. Dak has put this team on his back many times. Winning a Super Bowl requires working as a unit...from the front office down to the 53rd player. Teams are good as their weakest link. And sometimes that weak link or links are too much of a weak link. Second half of the season, teams figured out how to play Kellen Moore's scheme. No running game. Receivers running stick routes. Not taking advantage of one on ones. Dak not being as accurate to name a few. The O-line wasn't good all season. Those are huge weak links. The Special Teams, though was good overall, had a weak link. Our kicker lost at least a couple games. My point is...it's not just Dak's fault. You say with his pay, it's more responsibility, well I'm willing to bet you would blame him if he was still on his rookie salary. Quit finding reasons to blame Dak. There are many high paying players on this team that didn't perform. Dak had a good season.

No, teams worked out, as Ward mentioned, that they could stuff the run and could gamble (and win) on Dak not being able (be it due to confidence or ability) to find his receivers. That PFF stats about 4th best separation does indicate the chances were there.

You're quantifying a 'good season' as throwing yards against mediocre teams and getting us to the play-offs. .

I'm not against us extending Dak and given the choices it was a viable and probably best option. But now that he's been paid the responsibility is ramped up especially as his large contract effects available CAP on other areas. You cant have the money without the responsibility.