Blaming Dak

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Calling people Romo lovers or Dak haters is silly. Just as it is silly to think it is all on the QB to deliver the championship despite all of the other issues in the organization and on the team. That’s your cake that you want to eat and have too. The only way to judge the performance of a QB is individual stats, but holistically and contextually, and the best measure of that is QB rating.

If your measure is Romo is a loser because he didn’t deliver a championship then your standard is loaded and ridiculous from the start.
You mean the QB Rating that has Dak tied for 5 all time and Romo 9? QB rating was a very big stat for Romo lovers until Dak got on the list and haven’t seen that argument for years.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

It’s a watered down stat.

And I call him a loser because too many times we didn’t advance and his fans can conveniently rattle off mistakes that held Romo back but forget Romo’s contributions to the loss. Example the 2007 playoff game. Bet you know what Crayton did, huh?

RonWashington

Reaction score
People on this board crying all season for Dak to run more well he LISTENED ! Got a first down too I believe on that last play . Seasons over , guy from the bowling league waddled over to spot the ball 3 2 1 ….but he did “ run the ball “ ….

I thought Tony letting a game leading playoff game FG slip through his hands was bad until well until this .

Swagger

Reaction score
People on this board crying all season for Dak to run more well he LISTENED ! Got a first down too I believe on that last play . Seasons over , guy from the bowling league waddled over to spot the ball 3 2 1 ….but he did “ run the ball “ ….

I thought Tony letting a game leading playoff game FG slip through his hands was bad until well until this .
Plus Tony wasn't even playing quarterback at the time

vig454

Reaction score
I knew we couldn't count on DAk to be good in the playoffs. Not because I'm an expert fan but because anybody could see it coming:facepalm:. I posted about it and stated I hope he could prove me wrong. But my question is, why can't Jerry Jones see that Dak is not capable of delivering in clutch games? Well, I actually know the answer to my own question. We all know he is an egotistical moron.:(

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
The O-Line struggles were on Prescot or officially known as the Three Toe Sloth in NFL circles because he's so fricking slow with his reads, it's so bad that open receivers have become a thing of the past because he refuses to throw the ball down field and when he does throw it the ball is either behind or over their head or down by their ankles!!!!!!!!!!!! The 50- 50 ball is non-existent, I'm not sure why the Cowboys even employee receivers because the SLOTH would rather take a sack than throw the ball. The 9ers game plan was to take the run game away and force the SLOTH to throw the ball and guess what it worked to perfection, The SLOTH was inviting the 9ers to his personal sack party and I'm not talking about his ball sack because he was neutered at birth. The 9ers loaded the box or kept their LBers close to the box which all but eliminate the run game. The Cowboys might as well open a zoo section in JJ's world for their $40 million dollar a year Three Toe Sloth......................
Yes but tell us how you really feel? :)

RonWashington

Reaction score
Troy Aikman who has been super honest & critical about Kellen and the offense said the way the 49ers were playing off CEE D in particular with that open space he would have gotten the ball into Michael Irvin’s hands 10 times by halftime . He went on to point out how today’s game the OC’s make things more complicated then what it should be .

In other words throw them the damn ball when the CB is giving the WR pitch and catch space . Airman to me is the best in the business . Successful on the field he knows what he’s seeing and talking about . Same with Kurt Warner on Westwood One radio . The two have completed passes from the pocket they were not Jack rabbits . Dak is a pocket passer in going on year 7. Need a new offensive philosophy but what does MM concentrate on in his yr end presser . Penalties . Fix the damn offense already .

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
You mean the QB Rating that has Dak tied for 5 all time and Romo 9? QB rating was a very big stat for Romo lovers until Dak got on the list and haven’t seen that argument for years.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career.htm

It’s a watered down stat.

And I call him a loser because too many times we didn’t advance and his fans can conveniently rattle off mistakes that held Romo back but forget Romo’s contributions to the loss. Example the 2007 playoff game. Bet you know what Crayton did, huh?
It’s not a watered down stat. Individual ratings are the only measure for a player. Some ratings are better than others. The fact is, Romo trashers like you overemphasize a team measure (SB trophies) to deny individual talent and play. Romo was plenty good enough to win a SB and was never the reason they didn’t. You Romo “haters” just love to point the notion that he didn’t as the primary reason for why the team didn’t.

Last edited:

Dorsett33

Reaction score
No, teams worked out, as Ward mentioned, that they could stuff the run and could gamble (and win) on Dak not being able (be it due to confidence or ability) to find his receivers. That PFF stats about 4th best separation does indicate the chances were there.

You're quantifying a 'good season' as throwing yards against mediocre teams and getting us to the play-offs. .

I'm not against us extending Dak and given the choices it was a viable and probably best option. But now that he's been paid the responsibility is ramped up especially as his large contract effects available CAP on other areas. You cant have the money without the responsibility.

Read what you're saying....he put up stats against mediocre teams. A good season is a good season. Dak is a very good QB whether some of you want to admit it or not. Most probably haven't ever picked up a football or played organized football in life and all they see is it's the QB's fault because they listen to tv. One more thing, look at the records of other top QBs against top teams and tell me what their records are. And I'm willing to bet you if you asked those other top QBs if they are the reason they are beating the top teams, mediocre teams, bad teams themselves....they'd tell you no. They would say it's a team thing....guarantee you.

Ken

Reaction score
I get it, and so do you, dont you think it's time we quit pointing the finger at underperforming players hitting the cap and start pointing the finger at those that make the decisions to cut the checks?
Will McClay probably evaluated Dak fairly and gave him a 4th round grade on the board.
Will McClays job is done at that point, he hasnt been given the respect nor authority to tell Jerry and Son that they are making a huge mistake on second contracts.
If McClay was promoted and named GM of this team, I guarantee you that the ridiculous 2nd contract gambles would be eliminated, and we would have the cap available to compete every year at a much higher level.
Thats what is truly killing this franchise.
McClay sets the board, we have great drafts, and JJ and Son destroy the cap, and deplete this roster because they like holding on to that authority.
Its truly a shame, and surprised that WM hasnt been recruited off this team.
Love the man for accepting his role, just wish that he had more power.
McClay is in charge of pro player scouting as well, which includes our own players.

If you don't think Dak was evaluated by our pro scouting department and compared against all other qbs in the league and Jerry just gave him the 2nd most money in league history willy nilly just because...i don't know what to tell you.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It’s not a watered down stat. Individual ratings are the only measure for a player. Some ratings are better than others. The fact is, Romo trashers like you overemphasize a team measure (SB trophies) to deny individual talent and play. Romo was plenty good enough to win a SB and was never the reason they didn’t. You Romo “haters” just love to point the notion that he didn’t as the primary reason for why the team didn’t.
Ok, so objectively speaking, Dak is better than Romo, right? That’s what the stat says.

And, Romo was part of the reason why the team didn’t win. His mistakes aren’t inexcusable because someone else also makes a mistake. I know that frustrates you, but it is what it is .

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Ok, so objectively speaking, Dak is better than Romo, right? That’s what the stat says.

And, Romo was part of the reason why the team didn’t win. His mistakes aren’t inexcusable because someone else also makes a mistake. I know that frustrates you, but it is what it is .
Hey missing the point, we're not only comparing Romo to Dak.

We are also talking about whether Romo is a "loser" like you claim he was, or whether he was a primary reason as to why the Cowboys didn't win a championship.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Hey missing the point, we're not only comparing Romo to Dak.

We are also talking about whether Romo is a "loser" like you claim he was, or whether he was a primary reason as to why the Cowboys didn't win a championship.
Well, his record in elimination games was abysmal, so yeah, I will characterize him as a loser.

That said, I didn’t say he was primary reason. I said he was part of the reason. Get it right.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Well, his record in elimination games was abysmal, so yeah, I will characterize him as a loser.

That said, I didn’t say he was primary reason. I said he was part of the reason. Get it right.
There is no “record” for individual players in “elimination” games. It’s a made up stat that means nothing.

Everyone is “part” of a reason that a team loses, just like vice versa, so your disclaimer is irrelevant.

You go out of your way to diminish Romo. That’s your problem and it gives you zero credibility with respect to your alleged assessments concerning him.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
There is no “record” for individual players in “elimination” games. It’s a made up stat that means nothing.

Everyone is “part” of a reason that a team loses, just like vice versa, so your disclaimer is irrelevant.

You go out of your way to diminish Romo. That’s your problem and it gives you zero credibility with respect to your alleged assessments concerning him.
I don’t have to go out of my way to diminish Romo. He has provided plenty of material. Romo was a small ball player. When the season was on the line, rarely could he deliver. But, I know, Crayton, slick ball, Murray, refs…right?

Now when you are claiming everyone is part of the reason but earlier you said Romo was good enough to win and was never the reason
we didn’t. Was he never the reason or was he part of the reason? You’re all over the board.

You seem like you are one of those the many intolerant bigots we have in the country these days that can’t tolerate someone holding a different opinion than you. Why is that?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don’t have to go out of my way to diminish Romo. He has provided plenty of material. Romo was a small ball player. When the season was on the line, rarely could he deliver. But, I know, Crayton, slick ball, Murray, refs…right?

Now when you are claiming everyone is part of the reason but earlier you said Romo was good enough to win and was never the reason
we didn’t. Was he never the reason or was he part of the reason? You’re all over the board.

You seem like you are one of those the many intolerant bigots we have in the country these days that can’t tolerate someone holding a different opinion than you. Why is that?

It's clear that you do go out of your way to diminish him. The mere fact that you've engaged with my responses in such a manner emphasize that you do. And this claim "he has provided plenty of material" to do it is pure irony with respect to it, along with the suggestion that he is the one who is responsible to "deliver" the season with it on the line, as if the game isn't played with two other units of football, coaching, and 52 other players.

I didn't claim "everyone is part of the reason". I responded to your idiotic statement of a disclaimer that Romo is "part" of the reason to avoid the underlying theme in all of your responses which suggests that he is a "loser" who is primarily responsible for his not winning a SB.

You've been on this forum for three years and have a "Go Seahawks!!!!" underneath your avatar. Why is that?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It's clear that you do go out of your way to diminish him. The mere fact that you've engaged with my responses in such a manner emphasize that you do. And this claim "he has provided plenty of material" to do it is pure irony with respect to it, along with the suggestion that he is the one who is responsible to "deliver" the season with it on the line, as if the game isn't played with two other units of football, coaching, and 52 other players.

I didn't claim "everyone is part of the reason". I responded to your idiotic statement of a disclaimer that Romo is "part" of the reason to avoid the underlying theme in all of your responses which suggests that he is a "loser" who is primarily responsible for his not winning a SB.

You've been on this forum for three years and have a "Go Seahawks!!!!" underneath your avatar. Why is that?
Ahhh. So discussing something is “going out of my way? Interesting. You have a warped view on things. Just to remind you, you engaged me. By your definition you are going out of your way to defend Romo. Nice white knight, you are.

You “love” “to” “use” “quotations”. Sad part is, your reading comprehension sucks. If you are quote me, do it right, and don’t screw it up with your lack of intelligence. I am pretty blunt in my hatred for the “loser” you love so much.

As for the Seahawks, I have explained that numerous times. Not going to “go out of my way” to explain it again, and certainly not to you. I will let it hurt your sensitive feelings.

plasticman

Reaction score
It's really sad the way things turned out. There was so much promise and potential after 2016.

We had our quarterback for the next ten years. We had a RB with the potential to challenge some of Emmitt's records, we had an offensive line with three of them recognized as the best at their positions, 1st team All Pro. Surely 2016 was just scratching the surace for our two prized rookie offensive backs. Dez had just signed a new contract the previous year, We all figured he had at least another five seasons in him.

Honestly, for almost all players concerned, their individual spirals began, it seemed, the moment they signed that big contract.

Dez never had another 1000 yard season.

Tyron, in and out with injuries.

Fredericks is diagnosed with a rare disease. He plays one more season before retiring.

Collins, when he wasn't hurt, he was suspended. Even when he played, he was flagged.

Ezekiel Elliot played as if he had aged 15 years before the ink on his new contract was dry.

Dak got beat up, injured, and it made him tentative, to put it diplomatically. He just plain lost his confidence in himself and his teammates.

Meanwhile, Jerry insists on hiring "yes' men for head coaches. There is nothing McCarthy did to recognize the malaise and find a way to motivate and inspire the team?

McCarthy knows how to win championships? When the 49ers came out of the tunnel, they recognized that opportunity comes fleetingly, When you get that opportunity you must put absolutely everything into maximizing it. Jimmy Johnson certainly understood that and made sure Troy Aikman understood it, which he did.

The 49ers shocked the Cowboys and their fans with their intensity in the 1st quarter. If any team needed to display that intensity it was the Cowboys when you consider the past 25 seasons.

Jerry Jones, who has always seen himself as a tough negotiating deal maker, has constantly made the wrong decisions regarding the value of players when a new contract comes up. he has learned nothing, repeating the same mistakes that destroyed the team of the 90's as well as the Parcells team which also had real potential.

We can blame Dak....for beginners. However, there is a team wide destructive culture on this team and it's being perpetuated, instead of being erased, by the man at the top who thinks that money is the answer to everything.

jnday

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s possible to win a Super Bowl with an elite QB making Dak’s money much less a Dak type of QB making Dak’s money.

We’re done until that deal is done.

This was our best shot. Now we get to watch that contract eat the roster up.
Good point and the roster will start suffering from Dak’s cap hit in the coming offseason. 20-25 players will be gone according to Stephen and this is just the start.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Dak deserves a share of the blame. He didn’t play well against the Niners.

Of course, when discussing Dak there is also needs to always discuss the alternatives. Dak is still a top 8 QB.

Do I wish he was Tom Brady? Of course.