Blaming QB Equals Easy Way Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
First off, before people comment after just seeing the thread title, Dak deserves blame (I say 30%) for last month's loss. He, by his own admittance, sucked. Looked scared, uncomfortable and — probably most damning — displayed none of the leadership values we've heralded him for.

Is he the answer? I don't know. What I do know, however, is the problems of this franchise would be nearly impossible for any quarterback to overcome.

— Overhyped: This is the most overhyped roster in all of football. The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed on the ground, and was lit up by Geno Smith at home. The offense halted against nearly every single above-average opponent they faced. The numbers were inflated due to the poor division we play in, but this isn't a top-five roster like some had us believe.

— Average head coaches: Here's a fun exercise. Let's look at the opportunities at head coach that our previous two coaches received after they were fired by Dallas. Wade Phillips (3 — interim) and Jason Garrett (0 — not even two full seasons as OC). Mike McCarthy will not have another head coaching opportunity after next season. Simply put - Our head coaches would not even be considered for HC gigs by the league's worst after they've been fired by us. And I'm not even talking about (outside of Dan Quinn) the litany of poor coordinators that overstayed their welcome here.

— Priorities in the wrong place: Micah Parsons doing a podcast with one playoff win on his resume. CeeDee Lamb being a visible drama queen whenever Dak doesn't throw it to him 10 times. Dak doing 15-plus commercials each year. Jerry Jones talking to the media before our head coach. It's a culture that lacks accountability, rewards players for being good in the regular season and not beyond, and prioritizes attention and hype over winning games in January.

— Jerry Jones: Here's another fun exercise. Check back on our schedule releases in recent years. Jerry Jones is front and center in those videos. No other owner in the league does what this man does. He's arguably the greatest businessman in NFL history and should be studied at every single business school across the country. But he's weighed down this franchise with his self-centered antics, know-it-all attitude, and wanting to be everybody's friend. People will keep attending games and buying Cowboys gear... a full-fledged boycott is required to truly incite any tangible change.

I could write a whole essay on my anger and frustration, but this is what it comes back to everytime. Outside of landing a Mahomes-like quarterback, nothing can be done to overcome the culture that JJ has established. I'll root like hell for them on Sundays from September until December, and know that it'll end very quickly in January. As long as JJ acts the way he always has — that won't change — this team is doomed before the season even starts.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
TL;DR: Dak may or may not be the answer. Sucked against Green Bay and big games in the regular season. Overhyped roster, poor head coaches, priorities on other things besides winning, and the culture Jerry Jones has established, however, are nearly impossible for anyone outside of Mahomes and maybe one or two others to overcome.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
You don't think there is a QB that could have won with this team? Several QB's could have beaten the 7th seed Packers, but not the Dakster.
That 7th-seeded Packers team should be in the Super Bowl if not for a missed fourth-down attempt, poor special teams, and an inability to catch Brock Purdy’s passes.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
We were outcoached, according to Lawrence we were also tired, but not tired enough to plan a victory party courtesy of Sam Williams. The glaring issue was Dak, he look unprepared out there and it showed.
So you agree with none of the points I made above?

Kwyn

Reaction score
First off, before people comment after just seeing the thread title, Dak deserves blame (I say 30%) for last month's loss. He, by his own admittance, sucked. Looked scared, uncomfortable and — probably most damning — displayed none of the leadership values we've heralded him for.

Is he the answer? I don't know. What I do know, however, is the problems of this franchise would be nearly impossible for any quarterback to overcome.

— Overhyped: This is the most overhyped roster in all of football. The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed on the ground, and was lit up by Geno Smith at home. The offense halted against nearly every single above-average opponent they faced. The numbers were inflated due to the poor division we play in, but this isn't a top-five roster like some had us believe.

— Average head coaches: Here's a fun exercise. Let's look at the opportunities at head coach that our previous two coaches received after they were fired by Dallas. Wade Phillips (3 — interim) and Jason Garrett (0 — not even two full seasons as OC). Mike McCarthy will not have another head coaching opportunity after next season. Simply put - Our head coaches would not even be considered for HC gigs by the league's worst after they've been fired by us. And I'm not even talking about (outside of Dan Quinn) the litany of poor coordinators that overstayed their welcome here.

— Priorities in the wrong place: Micah Parsons doing a podcast with one playoff win on his resume. CeeDee Lamb being a visible drama queen whenever Dak doesn't throw it to him 10 times. Dak doing 15-plus commercials each year. Jerry Jones talking to the media before our head coach. It's a culture that lacks accountability, rewards players for being good in the regular season and not beyond, and prioritizes attention and hype over winning games in January.

— Jerry Jones: Here's another fun exercise. Check back on our schedule releases in recent years. Jerry Jones is front and center in those videos. No other owner in the league does what this man does. He's arguably the greatest businessman in NFL history and should be studied at every single business school across the country. But he's weighed down this franchise with his self-centered antics, know-it-all attitude, and wanting to be everybody's friend. People will keep attending games and buying Cowboys gear... a full-fledged boycott is required to truly incite any tangible change.

I could write a whole essay on my anger and frustration, but this is what it comes back to everytime. Outside of landing a Mahomes-like quarterback, nothing can be done to overcome the culture that JJ has established. I'll root like hell for them on Sundays from September until December, and know that it'll end very quickly in January. As long as JJ acts the way he always has — that won't change — this team is doomed before the season even starts.
It’s actually all of those things in the minds of most people. Some are more fired up about one item or another, but all were valid concerns.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Who gets league MVP 95% of the time?
Who gets Super Bowl MVP 95% of the time?
Who gets paid the most usually more than double anyone else on the team?

QB, QB, QB, it's the most important position in all of sports. If you win you're going to get too much credit, if you lose you're going to get too much blame. That is the gig you sign up for.

DezTroy97

Reaction score
It’s actually all of those things in the minds of most people. Some are more fired up about one item or another, but all were valid concerns.
It all comes back to Jerry for me. Until he reduces his role and time in the limelight, we’ll be stuck in this perpetual cycle.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Who gets league MVP 95% of the time?
Who gets Super Bowl MVP 95% of the time?
Who gets paid the most usually more than double anyone else on the team?

QB, QB, QB, it's the most important position in all of sports. If you win you're going to get too much credit, if you lose you're going to get too much blame. That is the gig you sign up for.
you're getting all jazzed up on that. Let's go to the standby and blame Jerry because the players are blameless. "Jerry hired them, duh"

Status
Not open for further replies.