Blaming QB Equals Easy Way Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
First off, before people comment after just seeing the thread title, Dak deserves blame (I say 30%) for last month's loss. He, by his own admittance, sucked. Looked scared, uncomfortable and — probably most damning — displayed none of the leadership values we've heralded him for.

Is he the answer? I don't know. What I do know, however, is the problems of this franchise would be nearly impossible for any quarterback to overcome.

— Overhyped: This is the most overhyped roster in all of football. The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed on the ground, and was lit up by Geno Smith at home. The offense halted against nearly every single above-average opponent they faced. The numbers were inflated due to the poor division we play in, but this isn't a top-five roster like some had us believe.

— Average head coaches: Here's a fun exercise. Let's look at the opportunities at head coach that our previous two coaches received after they were fired by Dallas. Wade Phillips (3 — interim) and Jason Garrett (0 — not even two full seasons as OC). Mike McCarthy will not have another head coaching opportunity after next season. Simply put - Our head coaches would not even be considered for HC gigs by the league's worst after they've been fired by us. And I'm not even talking about (outside of Dan Quinn) the litany of poor coordinators that overstayed their welcome here.

— Priorities in the wrong place: Micah Parsons doing a podcast with one playoff win on his resume. CeeDee Lamb being a visible drama queen whenever Dak doesn't throw it to him 10 times. Dak doing 15-plus commercials each year. Jerry Jones talking to the media before our head coach. It's a culture that lacks accountability, rewards players for being good in the regular season and not beyond, and prioritizes attention and hype over winning games in January.

— Jerry Jones: Here's another fun exercise. Check back on our schedule releases in recent years. Jerry Jones is front and center in those videos. No other owner in the league does what this man does. He's arguably the greatest businessman in NFL history and should be studied at every single business school across the country. But he's weighed down this franchise with his self-centered antics, know-it-all attitude, and wanting to be everybody's friend. People will keep attending games and buying Cowboys gear... a full-fledged boycott is required to truly incite any tangible change.

I could write a whole essay on my anger and frustration, but this is what it comes back to everytime. Outside of landing a Mahomes-like quarterback, nothing can be done to overcome the culture that JJ has established. I'll root like hell for them on Sundays from September until December, and know that it'll end very quickly in January. As long as JJ acts the way he always has — that won't change — this team is doomed before the season even starts.
Yet another “poor me” thread.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
First off, before people comment after just seeing the thread title, Dak deserves blame (I say 30%) for last month's loss. He, by his own admittance, sucked. Looked scared, uncomfortable and — probably most damning — displayed none of the leadership values we've heralded him for.

Is he the answer? I don't know. What I do know, however, is the problems of this franchise would be nearly impossible for any quarterback to overcome.

— Overhyped: This is the most overhyped roster in all of football. The defense couldn't stop a nosebleed on the ground, and was lit up by Geno Smith at home. The offense halted against nearly every single above-average opponent they faced. The numbers were inflated due to the poor division we play in, but this isn't a top-five roster like some had us believe.

— Average head coaches: Here's a fun exercise. Let's look at the opportunities at head coach that our previous two coaches received after they were fired by Dallas. Wade Phillips (3 — interim) and Jason Garrett (0 — not even two full seasons as OC). Mike McCarthy will not have another head coaching opportunity after next season. Simply put - Our head coaches would not even be considered for HC gigs by the league's worst after they've been fired by us. And I'm not even talking about (outside of Dan Quinn) the litany of poor coordinators that overstayed their welcome here.

— Priorities in the wrong place: Micah Parsons doing a podcast with one playoff win on his resume. CeeDee Lamb being a visible drama queen whenever Dak doesn't throw it to him 10 times. Dak doing 15-plus commercials each year. Jerry Jones talking to the media before our head coach. It's a culture that lacks accountability, rewards players for being good in the regular season and not beyond, and prioritizes attention and hype over winning games in January.

— Jerry Jones: Here's another fun exercise. Check back on our schedule releases in recent years. Jerry Jones is front and center in those videos. No other owner in the league does what this man does. He's arguably the greatest businessman in NFL history and should be studied at every single business school across the country. But he's weighed down this franchise with his self-centered antics, know-it-all attitude, and wanting to be everybody's friend. People will keep attending games and buying Cowboys gear... a full-fledged boycott is required to truly incite any tangible change.

I could write a whole essay on my anger and frustration, but this is what it comes back to everytime. Outside of landing a Mahomes-like quarterback, nothing can be done to overcome the culture that JJ has established. I'll root like hell for them on Sundays from September until December, and know that it'll end very quickly in January. As long as JJ acts the way he always has — that won't change — this team is doomed before the season even starts.
Honestly expletive what you talking about. When the qb gets paid what he gets paid for better or worse he’s going to get much of the blame. Same as he gets most of the credit and none of you dudes type this long bs about he doesn’t deserve that credit so be quiet about the blame too.

Jayinem

Reaction score
You’re putting it entirely on our offense, when our defense couldn’t stop them all day. Green Bay scored TDs on three of their four positions in the first half. On Dak’s first INT our defense allowed the Packers to score a TD on just 4 plays. Holding them to a FG would have been a win in that situation, but we couldn’t stop them and it was like that the entire game. Our defense SUCKED but you’re pointing all the fingers at our offense. :facepalm:
Nope you have reading problems like most Dak only fans. I said you can't only blame the defense like the OP is trying to do.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What other realistic methods would you suggest? Not being sarcastic... genuinely curious.
First, it is necessary to understand a financial solution is essentially DOA. The man's a multi-billionaire. Only a national, literally national, rejection of his product would be necessary to make him bulge a millimeter. Second, it is also important to comprehend the man's mentality as the primary driving force for not allowing other qualified professional football minded individuals to replace him as general manager.

In short, he is a narcissist. It is how anyone can realistically 'attack' the man and nudge him towards a purpose he does not desire. Irritating what exists between his ears will net a quick and remotely expected response than poking his wallet with a 1/16 inch needle.

Realistic methods must be conducted at AT&T Stadium, either inside (best) or immediately outside (adequate) it. Examples for a large-scale organized fan effort:
  • Booing. Convince several hundred Dallas fans to boo-and-point in unison towards Jones' luxury box. Set the group signal as a moment during the game when the team is underperforming. Booing can often be contagious, so several hundred can spark several thousand to join in, especially attendees who are already drunk and pissed off. The latter can be re-directed to vent their displeasure towards the objective.
  • Bag heads. Classic fan displeasure method. Again, convince several hundred attendees to wear paper bags over their heads--preferably with a brief slogan like 'Jerry Sucks' written on them. This option will be harder to gain momentum for a single game but has the potential to be copied by more displeased attendees in future games.
  • Picketing. This is actually the easiest option. Organize several hundred disgruntled people, who will not buy tickets to see the game anyway, to meet outside the stadium at a preset area. Not close enough to block ticket buyers from entering the stadium, which would get an automatic response from stadium security and Arlington police, but near enough to be visible to television network crews to see the commotion.
This is a brief list. How can they be effective as far as Jones is concerned? Jones enjoys negativity publicity AS LONG AS it is the variety he can SPIN. He does not like anything he cannot control. Narcissists want their way or it's the highway.

Each game broadcast would feature his franchise's fans targeting him as the reason for underperformance. He cannot continually counter scenes of ticket buyers booing him and uncharacteristically weasel away from further questioning. He cannot convincingly talk into a microphone that he will eventually win over fans willing to wear bags over their heads. He cannot explain away a mob of fans parading outside his billion dollar stadium yelling, "GM Must Go!"

Why would any of this work? Jones cannot control network television broadcasters and sports commentators running with openly public, sustained fan displeasure. One thing is a certainty. Networks love sensationalism. They would start questioning fans why they are booing Jones INSIDE his stadium. Why they are showing up in HIS stadium with bags over their heads. Why they are marching around OUTSIDE his stadium.

Jones has held a stranglehold on the general manager position for over three decades because there has never been an anti-Jones as GM presence visible for the media to report on. Take that advantage away from Jones the narcissist. Make the narcissist either: a) go on the defensive and start answering uneasy questions directed at him or finally shy away from microphones, which he LIVES for; or b) face the fact that fans have stopped hiding their resentment, tarnishing the brand he has spent years building, and look for an out for himself.

THAT'S how you tackle a narcissist and have any chance of getting them to do something they do not want to do. These are more realistic AND easier alternatives, in comparison to hundreds of 'Ya'll need to boycott!' posts made on fansites that have done nothing. At all. For 30-plus years. And never will.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dak in the playoffs (or against good defenses) is perpetually the horse stuck in the gate. Then when he’s finally out of it, he hits the firsts few hurdles and falls. By the time he gets up and starts “catching up” no one cares because the race is already over.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You are wasting bandwidth these folks are gonna whine till draft. Maybe beyond. The funny thing is they think it matters. And btw you arent wrong but they feel a QB paid like he is needs to overcome all that. having said that i do feel Daks performances in the playoffs have progressivly declined but hes never been the sole reason for the collapse.
Ive never believed Dak to be the entire problem and most here are rational enough to understand that, but Dak is most definitely a huge part of it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dak in the playoffs (or against good defenses) is perpetually the horse stuck in the gate. Then when he’s finally out of it, he hits the firsts few hurdles and falls. By the time he gets up and starts “catching up” no one cares because the race is already over.
If he could have just started his warmup dance a couple hours earlier.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Team game, so no one player is "solely" the reason.
All around fail.

But Dak played the worst half of home-field playoff football that I have EVER seen by a Cowboy QB.
Search history....you will not find a worse home field playoff first-half performance....not ever.

shabazz

Reaction score
First off, before people comment after just seeing the thread title, Dak deserves blame (I say 30%) for last month's loss.

I'm more generous toward Dakota. I would only put his blame at 25%.....roughly his projected 2024 salary vs the total team salary cap.

I'm being magnanimous because I'm temporarily in a state of grace and still loopy after my colonoscopy

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Team game, so no one player is "solely" the reason.
All around fail.

But Dak played the worst half of home-field playoff football that I have EVER seen by a Cowboy QB.
Search history....you will not find a worse home field playoff first-half performance....not ever.
That is indeed a historical stamp of failure, supreme choker, worse than McNabb even.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Dak had every opportunity to get his team out of the hole. He failed. That's on him alone.
NO TEAM....I DON'T CARE WHO'S QB CAN GET THERE TEAM OUT OF A HOLE WHEN THE DEFENSE GIVES UP SCORES ON 6 OF THE 8 DRIVES!

1942willys

Reaction score
NO TEAM....I DON'T CARE WHO'S QB CAN GET THERE TEAM OUT OF A HOLE WHEN THE DEFENSE GIVES UP SCORES ON 6 OF THE 8 DRIVES!
sure he can.
its called a shootout
its been done
you really think if Dak had been able to make something happen in the first qtr, get a TD, that it would NOT HAVE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE?
No score until it was 27-0 is on him almost as much as on the D
AND of course you forget his PICK 6

Status
Not open for further replies.