Video: Blandino tells officials only the Dallas coaches don't understand the catch rule

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
blandino.png

Blandino is just mad that Jerry kicked him off the Cowboys party bus...

DandyDon52

Reaction score

khiladi

Reaction score
Blandino probably did what the NFL wanted... I'm sure he wasn't the only one in the office to take the call.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
That is the exact stance I have always taken on this. Nobody in the press is has ever asked the right question. I sure wish someone would, but I think the train has left the station on that one.

[quote Everson24 said:
This has been my gripe all along. Side judge Terry Brown ruled that he had possesion and made a football move before the ball came out.

The officals had been instructed prior to the 2014 season to let the ruling on the field stand unless the replay showed irrefutable evidence to the contrary. Dean Blandino had no right to overturn the call on the field from an office in New York when the"football move" was clearly a judgement call. This issue seems to be swept under the carpet in this whole scenario and I really wish someone would ask Blandino that question. [/quote]
I have to agree, nothing was clearcut, so the call on the field should have stood.
I have seen calls be overturned, when they shouldnt be before though, and then some that clearly were wrong, be upheld.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
[quote Everson24 said:
This has been my gripe all along. Side judge Terry Brown ruled that he had possesion and made a football move before the ball came out.
The officals had been instructed prior to the 2014 season to let the ruling on the field stand unless the replay showed irrefutable evidence to the contrary. Dean Blandino had no right to overturn the call on the field from an office in New York when the"football move" was clearly a judgement call. This issue seems to be swept under the carpet in this whole scenario and I really wish someone would ask Blandino that question.
I have to agree, nothing was clearcut, so the call on the field should have stood.
I have seen calls be overturned, when they shouldnt be before though, and then some that clearly were wrong, be upheld.

Yep. Every point you made here are the same points I made on this board right after it occurred. Blandino was out to show the world that he wasn't in Jerry Jones's pocket, so he jumped in where he shouldn't have and made a judgment call that he shouldn't have. I have always maintained that that was the sort of call where you stay with the ruling on the field regardless of whether ruled complete or incomplete. Ol' Dean just couldn't help himself.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yep. Every point you made here are the same points I made on this board right after it occurred. Blandino was out to show the world that he wasn't in Jerry Jones's pocket, so he jumped in where he shouldn't have and made a judgment call that he shouldn't have. I have always maintained that that was the sort of call where you stay with the ruling on the field regardless of whether ruled complete or incomplete. Ol' Dean just couldn't help himself.

Well thats why the game officials only should make all final calls on replays, including the last 2 min. They are less likely to be biased.
And thats what they are paid to do. If they see clearly they made a mistake they overturn it. if it isnt clear then the call on the field stands.
Blandino or anyone not the game officials should have had no say in that call.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Well thats why the game officials only should make all final calls on replays, including the last 2 min. They are less likely to be biased.
And thats what they are paid to do. If they see clearly they made a mistake they overturn it. if it isnt clear then the call on the field stands.
Blandino or anyone not the game officials should have had no say in that call.

Amen!!!