Blind Homers

cml750

Reaction score
I just don't understand how so many on here can be such blind homers when it comes to the Cowboys. I am constantly shaking my head while reading through threads filled with happy fan post. These blind homers are Jerry's wet dream who buy all the crap he is selling. If the blind homers would step into reality for a while and take off their rose colored glasses, they would see that this organization has managed to screw up the best rosters this team has had since the mid 90's with piss poor coaching. Since 2007, we had a team that was stacked and pissed it away on Wade "Powder Puff" Phillips and Jerry's Red Headed Trainee. We wasted the prime years of Romo, Ware, Witten, etc... on idiot coaches. I will never understand how so many can be so blind. They can't see the forest due to all the trees being in the way. People need to wake up and step into reality.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
I just don't understand how so many on here can be such blind homers when it comes to the Cowboys. I am constantly shaking my head while reading through threads filled with happy fan post. These blind homers are Jerry's wet dream who buy all the crap he is selling. If the blind homers would step into reality for a while and take off their rose colored glasses, they would see that this organization has managed to screw up the best rosters this team has had since the mid 90's with piss poor coaching. Since 2007, we had a team that was stacked and pissed it away on Wade "Powder Puff" Phillips and Jerry's Red Headed Trainee. We wasted the prime years of Romo, Ware, Witten, etc... on idiot coaches. I will never understand how so many can be so blind. They can't see the forest due to all the trees being in the way. People need to wake up and step into reality.

Not sure it's so much "blind homer" as much as looking at things with a half full glass perspective as opposed to the half empty....some thrive on negativity and some don't

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Sure am glad we have another thread calling out others fandoms. Essentially the title should be "why are half of you so dumb?"

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
...list?

Nation

Reaction score

Your post confuses me, what are your thoughts on blind homers?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm happy because we are in the first year of a 3 year rebuild, finally.
Next year we'll be in a position to draft a blue chip QB and we're off to the races.

visionary

Reaction score

you are obviously not paying attention to the facts

we have the best owner is sports who will do "anything to win" except the one thing that would actually allow us to win (fire the GM directly responsible for our mediocrity)
we have a great GM who will do anything to win that other people tell him to do
we have a great HC who is learning on the job, is red-headed, can clap and spit, and is in the family portrait

so now i ask you

how can we go wrong with that secret sauce?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
But wait, you cannot see into the future. You're not Madame Cleo.

Cynicism is cowardice.

You must be a miserable fan. Why don't you find another team?

You're just a hater. Hater gonna hate.

You have no football knowledge.

After reviewing tape, I have determined you are wrong.

Garrett hasn't been given full rein. He will not be solely responsible for the offense this year. You'll see, he'll have plenty of time to get these guys on the right page.

I just put you on ignore.

Jerry is the greatest owner in sports.

They finally got rid of the bad attitudes. You'll see the team take off now.

They are giving Romo a defense this year. That is all it will take for him to get into the Super Bowl.

If just three plays had different outcomes, we'd have been in the play-offs. This is a play-off team.

Three years we have come down to the last game. You cannot say we aren't contenders.

I have stats that show Dallas actually was the best team since the GB Packers in 1965 when they play an early game, in October, when the wind is coming from the southwest, and the temperature is above 68 degrees, during a leap year, when the other team has their star defensive end out, when running the 4-3, if they take an 8 point lead into the six minute mark of the third quarter, when they received the ball at the beginning of the second half, if the head coach wears blue. Those stats prove everything.

I don't believe I missed anything.

Oh wait....

It's posters like you that have ruined this site and run off the great posters.

I just wanted to avoid the Christmas rush by getting these in.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Not sure it's so much "blind homer" as much as looking at things with a half full glass perspective as opposed to the half empty....some thrive on negativity and some don't

I feel the same way. What's the fun in gnashing your teeth and wailing about how terrible the team will be and how pathetic the coaching and ownership is? Be positive, have some hope. There's plenty of areas in life where it pays to be realistic and temper expectations, I don't think sports is one of them. If you're going to be constantly negative fan (I'm not sure what purpose it serves, but what do I know) at least offer some constructive or well thought out criticism.

I'd rather like the players on my team, root for them to do well, and therefore get to be wholly invested if indeed they do surpass expectations.

What's more fun to do, sit a minute or two and talk about what you would do with the money if you won the lottery, or sit around and talk about how miserable you'll be if you lose your job and get hit by a bus?