Bloodbath: Giants to be Missing 4 OL

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I hope it's a blood bath by Dallas but just when you think all is well. Bam! Ask Minnesota. Dallas should blow them out and if they don't, I'm gonna have another pissed off Thanksgiving Night. No reason for not blowing them out. We lose? This team isn't what we think they are. I just want a WIN! 1 point or 50 point. But a stomping will put everyone on notice again. Second straight week.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago everyone was talking about how many players would be out for Green Bay. Some on this board were predicting a bloodbath in that game. Here we are with some fans starting to laugh it up again. Denver had a number of players out on their OL last season and many thought that would turn into a bloodbath and it did except it was the Cowboys who bled to death. All I know is we better be ready to play tomorrow.

nothing fans say has any effect on the game

manster4ever

Reaction score
I remember the 1993 world champion Cowboys going to Georgia to play a crappy Atlanta Falcons squad and losing 27-14.

That Dallas team was one of the best, deepest teams that I have ever seen. It was coached by one of the best coaches that I’ve ever seen… a coach who constantly guarded against letdowns in trap games. That offense had a Hall of Fame QB, RB, WR, and offensive linemen, with a fullback that should also probably be in the Hall.

If that team could go lay an egg… any team can. It happens sometimes.

Dallas ought to win tomorrow, but stranger things have definitely happened. I won’t get too up nor too down on what happens tomorrow.

I remember that game and it's games like that which prevent me from betting any more. Just don't have the stomach for it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Or the 1992 team that went to L.A. to play the eventual 6-10 Rams. The Rams were at 3-6 on November 15th, 1992. Dallas was 8-1 at that point. The final score was Rams 27 - Cowboys 23.

Cleveland Gary, the running back for the Rams, had 110 yards on 29 carries and 1 TD. The longest was 28 yards. He also added 44 yards on 7 catches and one TD. He was the reason Dallas lost that day.

I'd love to say I will take what comes. But after the Vikes win, I am hoping the team galvanizes and understands they beat Minny because they were more physical. Zeke even said something about that on the sidelines.

Bully ball is the road to success for this team. Especially being a bully in the run game.
I remember. Considering that I’d forgotten that Aikman sat out the Atlanta game in 93… I probably should have used the Rams game instead as an example. Anyway, it is a valid point: any team can lose to any team at any time.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
No, but it has an effect on fans when they’re wrong.
You’re right, it sure does. Fans tend to forget that the difference between bad teams and good teams is razor thin, and that if you have an off day, you can lose to anyone. They spend all week hearing (and saying) how big a blowout will be and how easy the game will be… and then are livid, sometimes even with a win if the score isn’t big enough.

It is unrealistic to expect that, but some fans do, and it breeds discontent with the fans for the team.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You’re right, it sure does. Fans tend to forget that the difference between bad teams and good teams is razor thin, and that if you have an off day, you can lose to anyone. They spend all week hearing (and saying) how big a blowout will be and how easy the game will be… and then are livid, sometimes even with a win if the score isn’t big enough.

It is unrealistic to expect that, but some fans do, and it breeds discontent with the fans for the team.

You would think most fans who come here have been following the NFL long enough to know it’s all any given Sunday week to week league. Too many fans on this board live in the moment. After the Packers loss fans were bailing on the team and now after the impressive win over Minnesota they’re back to pounding their chests talking Super Bowl. Fans are fickle, they spend a lot of time during the season jumping on and off the bandwagon.

Last edited:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I see a ton of RPO since Jones is an excellent runner who can run away from most LBs and some safeties. We have seen that put our DEs in a bind where it has cost us. Quinn better have this thing figured out and the re better be some discipline regarding who stops the RB and who stops the QB. If not, they will then pass off that same action with the secondary in a bind.

It’s not rocket science, but we haven’t proven we can handle it yet.

Like last week, if the offense comes out hot and scoring points, all the pressure will be on the Giants instead of us.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the giants need to run like 40 times, and the question is can they do that with the new OL line up?
If they pass too much dallas pass rush will be all over jones.

The other question is can they control our offense , keep scoring down?
with all their injuries, it will be hard to stay in the game much less win it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It’s Thanksgiving so expect the unexpected. I would prefer a Romo day for Dak on Turkey day and 5 TD’s but we will see
That’d be nice, even though we’d get a lot of Dak threads if he threw for 5 TD’s.

Personally, I’m hoping the defense continues to get better and better, and manages to keep the Giants score low (I have always loved defense). However, the leprosy or whatever that is running through the defense likely makes that an impossibility.

31RoyW31

Reaction score
I remember the 1993 world champion Cowboys going to Georgia to play a crappy Atlanta Falcons squad and losing 27-14.

That Dallas team was one of the best, deepest teams that I have ever seen. It was coached by one of the best coaches that I’ve ever seen… a coach who constantly guarded against letdowns in trap games. That offense had a Hall of Fame QB, RB, WR, and offensive linemen, with a fullback that should also probably be in the Hall.

If that team could go lay an egg… any team can. It happens sometimes.

Dallas ought to win tomorrow, but stranger things have definitely happened. I won’t get too up nor too down on what happens tomorrow.

I remember that game as well.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
This is how the giants will line up.

https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F10%2FScreen-Shot-2015-10-18-at-11.12.12-PM.png

Kumbaya

Reaction score
We’re missing a lot more than 4 OL guys…..(I’m going to post this list hoping to evoke a tear or two and some empathy here….lol)

Unreal how injured this team is.

WR2 Shep- out for season
WR3 WanDale Robinson- out for season
WR4 Colin Johnson - out for season
WR5 Richie James - questionable
TE1 Bellinger- out
LG1 Bredeson- on IR
LG2 Ezeudu- out
LG3 Lemieux- out
C1 Felciano - Out
RT1 Neal - Out
RT2 Phillips- Questionable

DL N. Williams - on IR
DL Davidson - on IR
Edge Ojulari - on IR
LB Beavers - out for season
CB1 Jackson - out
CB2 Moreau - out
CB3 Aaron Robinson- on IR
S McKinney- on IR
S3 Belton- questionable
S4 Pinnock- questionable

We elevated two safeties from our PS so I’m thinking either Belton or Pinnock won’t be able to go tomorrow. And we signed an OT today to be included on our 53 so I’m thinking the questionable RT2 is probably not going to play as well. Thursday games just isn’t enough time to recover from Sunday bruises.