Blowing up this team is getting closer

Chasing6

Reaction score
No extending Dak and taking their medicine is the right move. I’m still not convinced they will get it right , but I’m hopeful
Going all in usually results in a rebuild. So just go all in. Resign Dak, with the ability to trade him if/when needed. Everyone wins.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Yeah that’s the definition of NOT going all in
That is all in on a low Budget. We are all in if you like the offer we make.

We are holistically all in whatever that means.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you know an apple tree is an apple tree? The tree can say all it wants it is an orange tree but the EVIDENCE that it is an apple tree is by the fruit the tree produces.
Jerry can spit out all the cliches he wants to continue pulling in the media to give his #1 Sports franchise all the prime time games. The fans will fall for the bait--again--buying the pyrite only to be in the same position again (2025) for the 29th season.

The franchise has holes in many areas, with another opening up at LT. The hopes of this player and that player, who are on the team now, are thrown around.

Unless this team gives Prescott the extension, freeing up salary cap space, the carnival owners will be shopping at Dollar General even more with the lack of draft picks to plug the dyke.

So blowing up this team is getting closer with many coaches on 1yr/lame duck contracts. Players making big money and not getting it done, on the field. The inevitable is coming

--- Mock away, it is what the board does best
The Cowboys aren't getting blown up. Good grief. They aren't anywhere close to being blown up. Dak will get extended and life will go on just like it always has.

And saying "The franchise has holes in many areas" applies to every team in the NFL. That isn't something the Cowboys have an exclusive on.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Going all in usually results in a rebuild. So just go all in. Resign Dak, with the ability to trade him if/when needed. Everyone wins.
how can you rebuild an engine with a defective crankshaft??????????? :facepalm:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I understand the “blow up“ sentiments expressed here. But if we pay attention to what the Cowboys have done - the last two decades at least - is never blow it up and rebuild. Jerry won’t do it. He literally does not know how.

But after the most embarrassing playoff loss in Cowboys history, there are zero signs of this owner and his giggling son having any sense of humility or accountability for that horrific performance last January.

Serious question: When was the last intentional rebuild this franchise has done? All the “rebuilds” I can think of were accidents. Like 2016. I don't honestly believe that this front office led by the Jones Boys has the foggiest idea of how to “blow up” a team a rebuild. They have never don’t it alone. Jimmy led the last great intentional rebuild this team had back in the early 90s when they had no choice.
Remember 2015 and 2020? The Cowboys were bad and taken off national television at the end of the season. To the Joneses family that was worst thing that can happen. The Cowboys being irrelevant. That is the reason they will cave to Dak’s extension.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So blowing up this team is getting closer with many coaches on 1yr/lame duck contracts. Players making big money and not getting it done, on the field. The inevitable is coming

Getting closer to the days of 3-13 and 1-15. It’s almost like that’s what some of you want. Just dump everyone and start over with top 10 picks every April. :rolleyes: It’s hilarious how many fans are acting like the Cowboys are complete disaster. Apparently some of you haven’t been following the team that long.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Nothing after Aikman and before Romo gives me confidence that Jerry and Stephen can truly have all that it takes in order to completely blow up a team and then completely rebuild a roster into one who can consistently make deep playoff runs and be like the Chiefs or even the 49ers who hasn't won a Super Bowl since the 90s but is consistently making deep playoffs runs. And has NFCCG and Super Bowl appearances.

I don't mind moving on from Dak. But at the same time I'll wait and see where the front office takes this team after they blow it up, before I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Hadenough

Reaction score
How do you know an apple tree is an apple tree? The tree can say all it wants it is an orange tree but the EVIDENCE that it is an apple tree is by the fruit the tree produces.
Jerry can spit out all the cliches he wants to continue pulling in the media to give his #1 Sports franchise all the prime time games. The fans will fall for the bait--again--buying the pyrite only to be in the same position again (2025) for the 29th season.

The franchise has holes in many areas, with another opening up at LT. The hopes of this player and that player, who are on the team now, are thrown around.

Unless this team gives Prescott the extension, freeing up salary cap space, the carnival owners will be shopping at Dollar General even more with the lack of draft picks to plug the dyke.

I hope they do! There is a such a sense of entitlement that radiates within this organization and players it just makes you sick.

Sully

Reaction score
I understand the “blow up“ sentiments expressed here. But if we pay attention to what the Cowboys have done - the last two decades at least - is never blow it up and rebuild. Jerry won’t do it. He literally does not know how.

But after the most embarrassing playoff loss in Cowboys history, there are zero signs of this owner and his giggling son having any sense of humility or accountability for that horrific performance last January.

Serious question: When was the last intentional rebuild this franchise has done? All the “rebuilds” I can think of were accidents. Like 2016. I don't honestly believe that this front office led by the Jones Boys has the foggiest idea of how to “blow up” a team a rebuild. They have never don’t it alone. Jimmy led the last great intentional rebuild this team had back in the early 90s when they had no choice.
To answer your question that has been expressed endless times:Won't happen because --- Cowboys are a marketing team playing football. Jones win Forbes Bowl and is their #1 game they continue to win each season

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f576a4846585669716767444654413d3d2d3135382e313463363863383461306339353064363733343032313034323932322e6a7067

CWR

Reaction score
No extending Dak and taking their medicine is the right move. I’m still not convinced they will get it right , but I’m hopeful
I can't imagine them not extending him. Although the last report had a number so nonsensical we weren't even saving money on the cap this year. If that was the case I could see it. I think it was just a terribly misleading piece of "journalism" though.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Bob, you make a valid point. Jimmy was onboard the last time this team did a wholesale rebuild. Without Jimmy, I agree with you that the Jones boys don't know how to "blow it up" and do an honest rebuild. But Jimmy claims he's back in the fold, and this team is primed to be blown up if 2024 is not satisfactory. Jimmy could be asked to be the architect of yet another Cowboys rebuild if 2024 is bad. I think it's worth considering.