Bo Scarbrough is huge

blueblood70

Reaction score
wow I had to look it up but it shows Zeke is 6' tall and 228 Bo is 6'1 228 zekes faster with more moves! no wonder he was a 4th overall pick

glimmerman

Reaction score
wow I had to look it up but it shows Zeke is 6' tall and 228 Bo is 6'1 228 zekes faster with more moves! no wonder he was a 4th overall pick
He makes the team if they carry 3 RB and 1 FB. Unless they list Austin as RB. But I believe they may list him at WR. Probly carry 6 WR. But I could be wrong. Wouldn’t be the first time today. Lol.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Rod Smith is no impediment to any real RB....he runs a 4.7 and more of a FB....... if Bo can't beat out Rod then he doesn't deserve a roster spot

Why so many Cowboys fans are already rooting for that is par for the course and truly laughable

I don't consider it laughable to believe a running back who has established himself as a special teammer and elevated himself last year as a backup option might beat out a seventh-round pick. Do you know how many seventh-round picks fail to make rosters each year?

I don't think anyone believes Smith is a great RB and deserves to be a starter, but Scarbrough is going to have to show that he's a better option as the No. 2 and also an asset on special teams to take his place. ... Of course, with Austin not being a true running back, it's possible that we keep Smith and Scarbrough for depth at RB. It's going to depend a lot on how the receiver position shapes out. If we keep five there and three tight ends, then I could see us going with three RBs in addition to Austin, the "web back" and Olawale at fullback.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/bo-scarbrough?position=RB

Odd that his three most comparable players are all in his draft class.

That's a big boy.
Based on those metrics, he has low upper body strength. Only 14 reps on the bench press? That put him in the 8th percentile. I realize he has long arms which greatly affects the press, but that's still terrible. Having said that, I'm glad we drafted him and believe he will provide valuable backup carries.

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Rod Smith is no impediment to any real RB....he runs a 4.7 and more of a FB....... if Bo can't beat out Rod then he doesn't deserve a roster spot

Why so many Cowboys fans are already rooting for that is par for the course and truly laughable

Not recognizing Rod's development and still thinking he's "more of a FB" after last season is more worthy of the phrase "truly laughable" to be honest.

Rod wasn't just your typical 3rd string back up last season. He showed an impressive skill set.

In four of Zeke's six game suspension Rod scored at least 1 TD. He also averaged 4.22 yards per carry on the year which is impressive.

We can only hope Bo is capable of being as good a player that Rod has developed into.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Not recognizing Rod's development and still thinking he's "more of a FB" after last season is more worthy of the phrase "truly laughable" to be honest.

Rod wasn't just your typical 3rd string back up last season. He showed an impressive skill set.

In four of Zeke's six game suspension Rod scored at least 1 TD. He also averaged 4.22 yards per carry on the year which is impressive.

We can only hope Bo is capable of being as good a player that Rod has developed into.

His YPC was greatly slanted by a long run in one game. Wasn't it like 80+ yards?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Tap them breaks

CWR

Reaction score
Based on those metrics, he has low upper body strength. Only 14 reps on the bench press? That put him in the 8th percentile. I realize he has long arms which greatly affects the press, but that's still terrible. Having said that, I'm glad we drafted him and believe he will provide valuable backup carries.

He probably lost a lot of strength trying to cut weight.

movaughn88

Reaction score

DiResta

Reaction score
lzmTBJt.jpg

just sayin

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Scarborough is well over scale for a Back. He's a legit 6'1" and 1/2 and will play about 240.
The 228 was a combine weight meant show his best vert and 40 times.
240 is enough for a FB. It's where Olawale is listed.

It would be nice to have a FB who was a real threat to pound the ball himself, and had the speed to break one if he got a hole.

Except for the gimmick backs, the RBs are all huge. 228, 228, 235, 238.

I've been wanting to see what we could do with 2 back formations for a while. They've gone out of fashion. When you invest in an oline, you should pound the rock.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Huge hands. You know what they say about folks with huge hands. :) Big Feet. :)

PS. How can a guy that big only put up 8 lifts at the combine? Seems positively weird.

Combine says 14. Still lower than expected. Probably has something to do with the arms. 33 1/2. Got the arms and hands of an OT. I wonder if that helps for a FB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
240 is enough for a FB. It's where Olawale is listed.

It would be nice to have a FB who was a real threat to pound the ball himself, and had the speed to break one if he got a hole.

Except for the gimmick backs, the RBs are all huge. 228, 228, 235, 238.

I've been wanting to see what we could do with 2 back formations for a while. They've gone out of fashion. When you invest in an oline, you should pound the rock.
yup like I stated in another post , id love to see more upback handoffs to a FB like smith or OLawale or fake to them with circle routes by zeke and company...it would be nice to keep a defense guessing for once..It used to be SO FN obvious when they brought in Lucky or Dunbar what plays we were about to run.. I like all our backs having similar bodys and some skillset that anything could be about to come..

CWR

Reaction score
I was going to agree with those that pointed this out (combine weight cutting) but this article seems to imply that he wanted to play lighter:

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/09/how_bo_scarbrough_lost_a_littl.html

It will be interesting if the Cowboys want him to carry a little more weight/muscle to be more of a hammer.

He may very well adjust to playing lighter and regain his strength. I dont think he is weak for his current weight, I was more so speculating he lost strength with the rapid cutting of weight. He should get it back.

Im making assumptions though, I dont know exactly what he did heading into the combine.