Bob Sturm on Mazi Smith

RS12

Reaction score
They were talking about him yesterday on the Cowboys produced show players lounge. Around the 14 minute mark. They were literally laughing and rolling their eyes. Is there time to salvage? Yeah but the clock is ticking. Needs to show marked improvement next fall.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
So you like to believe the first part? Why?
Because he did nothing. ANY player would comes here and says he doesn't like football (no matter if he just wants to hit people) is already done in my mind. Poor mentality first of all to even say something like that. Nothing overly impressive about the tape on the guy out of college. And we have THE worst coaching staff to coach up someone who maybe might have some potential but is an idiot. This isn't the team for you unless you come in already blessed like a Parsons. I mean, this pick just reeked of "bust".

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mean sure it's too early to give up but it's also disconcerting that he didn't show much as a rookie. The same thing happened with Taco, who after his rookie year, people kept saying be patient, he's raw, etc.

Hopefully this doesn't turn out like Taco.
I don't really like the Taco comps. If Mazi busts it will be for completely different reasons. Similar to alot of DT's that bust: He is just doesnt turn into what you hoped he would projected.

Taco had some periods of solid play in the NFL. His problem was his attitude and work ethic were so bad, no one wanted him around. He gets 5 sacks in 5 starts with Miami and they cut him. Considering the lack of talent that team had at that time, that says alot