Bob Sturm Prediction: Cowboys Moving Around 2024 Money for Dak Deal before Week 1

stilltheguru

Reaction score
My boy has seen the light
RA8m4b.gif
Lol I still don't have that extra stuff for him that you do :laugh: but I already know what to expect from him based on the opponent now.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Anti Dak hopium smokers still don't see the light?

I mean, they are moving money around. Never mind that Dak is pretty much similar to Matt Ryan in terms of regular season wins and Ryan was nearly Falcons for life. What would be different here?
Umm a SB appearance and multiple championship game appearances?

Dak fans :facepalm:

shabazz

Reaction score
. Never mind that Dak is pretty much similar to Matt Ryan in terms of regular season wins and Ryan was nearly Falcons for life. What would be different here?
Not much of a difference actually. Matt Ryan was 4-6 in the playoffs while Rayne Dakota is 2-5......I see no reason why Rayne can't get to 6 playoff losses too.

Good job on pointing out that comparison.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Can they just restructure his deal to move some of that dead money from the coming years onto this year's cap? Is that possible?

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Not much of a difference actually. Matt Ryan was 4-6 in the playoffs while Rayne Dakota is 2-5......I see no reason why Rayne can't get to 6 playoff losses too.

Good job on pointing out that comparison.
I'm not comparing the 2 QBs accomplishments. I'm just saying Quarterbacks who dominate the regular season are almost always gonna be QB for lyfe on their team. That's just the way it goes in this league.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry had no choice unless he wanted a rebuild era. I think Jerry was hoping Lance would give him leverage/options. But it didn’t turn out that way.

Dak will be limiting our ability to add talent outside of the draft for another half decade.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Umm a SB appearance and multiple championship game appearances?

Dak fans :facepalm:
We better start planning our exit from here, bro.

Since we’re going to stop posting if Dak gets extended and all.

And we’re definitely not going to be here laughing and making fun of Dak fans for his failures for however longer he is in Dallas.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
We better start planning our exit from here, bro.

Since we’re going to stop posting if Dak gets extended and all.

And we’re definitely not going to be here laughing and making fun of Dak fans for his failures for however longer he is in Dallas.
So you've given up lol. You know it in your heart Dak's here for 7 more years.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Tell me what they're moving money around for.

Any other player we're trying to sign Im not aware of?
My question is why would it matter either way? Dak already counts $55M against the cap this year, and giving him an extension could lower that number. Its not like they need the Lamb cap savings to afford Dak. The unused cap from this season just rolls over to 2025. The Lamb contract is exactly how almost every contract in the NFL is structured. Why does this mean anything?