Bob Sturm Prediction: Cowboys Moving Around 2024 Money for Dak Deal before Week 1

John813

Reaction score
I dont think this really means anything one way or the other. Its pretty typical for teams to structure a deal like Lambs this way. If they need the extra cap room its there for them, and if not it rolls over for next season. Its both possible that they are looking to free up space to increase Daks cap number for 2024 and possible that they just plan on using the roll over money to help cancel out part of Daks existing cap hit in the even he were to leave.

Maybe Strum knows more than he is letting on but the evidence he shares isnt that compelling.
Bingo.

Teams structure deals to be cheap upfront.
Justin Jefferson has a 1.125mil base salary and 7.XX bonus cap hits for a 8.7mil 2024 cap hit. They don't have a QB worth re-signing to a min deal lol.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We better start planning our exit from here, bro.

Since we’re going to stop posting if Dak gets extended and all.

And we’re definitely not going to be here laughing and making fun of Dak fans for his failures for however longer he is in Dallas.
I got it bookmarked this time.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You're welcome....I'll let you take the dunce hat off for a few minutes, since you were so polite.
I never taught driver's ed....would have been cool. I taught, math, science, English, health and PE during my 16 years as a teacher/coach...I was a HC/AD my last 13 years, so I didn't teach any classes....I did miss it though...
The only thing Mountainweird teaches is how to hate everyone.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Quotes from Jerry today all over ESPN stating that he can't see a contract happening right now. Could be during the year, the off-season, etc. He doesn't see a need to get it done. Can't find a News article but it's all over FS1 will post more exact words if I can catch exact wording

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Quotes from Jerry today all over ESPN stating that he can't see a contract happening right now. Could be during the year, the off-season, etc. He doesn't see a need to get it done. Can't find a News article but it's all over FS1 will post more exact words if I can catch exact wording
Yea I saw it. Don't know why Dak would come back here if that's the case unless Jerry breaks the bank.

Adreme

Reaction score
They don’t need to move money around to sign Dak. If anything they could easily lower Dak’s cap hit this year by signing him if they wanted.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Bob Sturm has to be trolling Dak fans at this point.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
On FX1: Jerry quote

"We just don't need to get it done before the season. Because it's in all of our interest, Dak and everybody, to have a great season...My thought sitting right here is we'll have Dak (as Cowboys quarterback in 2025 and beyond). But all I'm gonna say is this: It's not done yet."

Have at it

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is so cool! I really hope JJ does extend Dak only for the reason because JJ does not deserve another SB and the best way to accomplish that is to give in to his greedy demands. Nice....