Bob Sturm: "This time next week, Dak will have a deal"

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Why did Jerry Jones send Prescott team an offer late last week??

Dak Haters are worthless at knowing anything Football related:lmao: :laugh:
Actually, in business this is done all the time. I've bid many projects intentionally high knowing I won't be awarded the job, essentially for sake of optics (I'm providing a number, I'm still in the game). Jerry could be knowingly providing a number he knows damn well will be shot down strictly for the optics of him providing a number, plus it's just part of negotiating anyway. At this stage in the game, why would Jerry open with a legitimate number? Dak's not holding out, time is on Jerry's side, so last week he should have been throwing lowball chum in the water. If he didn't, he's even dumber than I thought.

As an observer, I'll say the Dak Haters (your words) are in a pretty good position. They don't resign Dak...they win. They resign Dak and it's "x" more years of playoff futility...they win. You do recognize that Dak's best window of opportunity to win with this organization just went bye-bye, don't you? He could end a Cowboy and find himself the butt of jokes nationally just like Romo.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I just hope he has a new deal by the start of the regular season or this could be the end of him with the Cowboys. We haven’t prepared well for life without him. If he does re-sign I hope the Cowboys prepare themselves a lot better than they have for when he’s no longer here. If Dak is back in 2025, the Cowboys need to use a second or third round pick on a QB within the next year or two to groom. I wouldn’t be opposed to using a first round pick within the next 2-3 years on a QB. We have to have someone behind him waiting in the wings that has starting potential. We can’t keep going with Cooper Rush as the backup or some castoff that failed with another team. We need to be grooming a young QB that has some real promise.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
man its bold putting in writting you think Jerry is a stand up citizen and Dak is a scum bag..lol, i mean if it was about actuall football play then that would be an opinion and fine..but calling Dak a scumbag in comparence to Jerry...thats a special kinda dislike..lol
Its fan frustration more than anything at this point if you're asking for my own feels.

Jerry was an idiot for ever giving that language up in the contract, he failed, and this entire FO failed as well for giving the NTC/Tag, 4 year term... Jerry and company failed miserably with Daks contract.

I never cared about the money when they gave it him, it was the contract that was a bend over and grab your ankles deal.

Now as far as Dak, he is in a great situation, Dak and France would take a generous new deal from Jerry because they don't want to have Dak exposed for an entire season, but if a deal isn't made than Dak and France hit the FA jackpot, so they aren't exactly sweating Jerry's generosity.

Oh, and Dak clearly is one of if not the biggest choker to ever play as franchise QB with his demands when he can never show up when it counts.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its fan frustration more than anything at this point if you're asking for my own feels.

Jerry was an idiot for ever giving that language up in the contract, he failed, and this entire FO failed as well for giving the NTC/Tag, 4 year term... Jerry and company failed miserably with Daks contract.

I never cared about the money when they gave it him, it was the contract that was a bend over and grab your ankles deal.

Now as far as Dak, he is in a great situation, Dak and France would take a generous new deal from Jerry because they don't want to have Dak exposed for an entire season, but if a deal isn't made than Dak and France hit the FA jackpot, so they aren't exactly sweating Jerry's generosity.

Oh, and Dak clearly is one of if not the biggest choker to ever play as franchise QB with his demands when he can never show up when it counts.
JJ probably had Garretts input about Dak. I also think it was Garrett that would not let Romo come back in when he got healed up some, and that year would have been the perfect time to let a veteran come in and save the day, they had a good chance at the SB that year, but instead they turned the team over to Dak, and here we are.

Now I know there is a mouth breather or two that said Romo would have just gotten hurt again, which could or could not have happened, but they were so sure about that and I've always asked him/them if they can tell the future then give me the lottery numbers, but then they shut up.

Anyway, the failure of the team these last 8 years is not Dak's fault, it just has to be the defense, damn it, it has to be! lol

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
JJ probably had Garretts input about Dak. I also think it was Garrett that would not let Romo come back in when he got healed up some, and that year would have been the perfect time to let a veteran come in and save the day, they had a good chance at the SB that year, but instead they turned the team over to Dak, and here we are.

Now I know there is a mouth breather or two that said Romo would have just gotten hurt again, which could or could not have happened, but they were so sure about that and I've always asked him/them if they can tell the future then give me the lottery numbers, but then they shut up.

Anyway, the failure of the team these last 8 years is not Dak's fault, it just has to be the defense, damn it, it has to be! lol
Romo was at the point where a strong wind would put him on the injured list. Maybe you’re too young to have watched.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
This debate is going on for many teams and their franchise qb.

This team has been lauded for many years as a SB contender based on the roster. It's been said even last year that our defense was SB caliber.

I just don't see it.......let's just compare it to the Jets roster. It's not close
According to Jerry we're contenders every year and there are some fans that believe him every year. Jerry doesn't know how to build a SB contender regardless of the QB.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I just hope he has a new deal by the start of the regular season or this could be the end of him with the Cowboys. We haven’t prepared well for life without him. If he does re-sign I hope the Cowboys prepare themselves a lot better than they have for when he’s no longer here. If Dak is back in 2025, the Cowboys need to use a second or third round pick on a QB within the next year or two to groom. I wouldn’t be opposed to using a first round pick within the next 2-3 years on a QB. We have to have someone behind him waiting in the wings that has starting potential. We can’t keep going with Cooper Rush as the backup or some castoff that failed with another team. We need to be grooming a young QB that has some real promise.
They haven't prepared for 2024 let alone beyond. All we did this year is put all the pressure on the offence on Dak, and we know how this works in the end.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
According to Jerry we're contenders every year and there are some fans that believe him every year. Jerry doesn't know how to build a SB contender regardless of the QB.
True, however, Dak fans want JJ to pay him big money. Does that make sense?

Besides, if they extend Dak and he stinks it up during the bright lights, well, the defense let him down. If only they would not let the other team score 7 first, because after that Dak can't keep up, he is mental, eyes as big a saucers.

The defense let him down.

Last edited:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
True, however, Dak fans want JJ to pay him big money. Does that make sense?

Besides, if they extend Dak and he stinks it up during the bright lights, well, the defense let him down. If only they would not let the other team score 7 first, because after that Dak can't keep up, he is mental, eyes as big a saucers.

The defense let him down.
Dak needs to leave because he's hit a brick wall. The pressure's too hard for him here in Dallas. Him and those panic attacks. It isn't going to get any better. We have to continue to find someone else that can overcome Jerry. Dak isn't it.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Most should be, I SERIOUSLY doubt Dak can overcome this FO and win..maybe the diference is some think others could overcome it and some dont....I also believe we have a few that dont really care about it but do come here for the fight..meh its the internet what ya gonna do...
The Daksters have moved the goal posts this off-season. Now it's just the best chance we have with Dak. No more play off success talk. And since this means everything and nothing at the same time they feel pretty safe right now. In case we screw up it will be the rungame again, which let Dak down. Or the playbook. Or the defense. Or the coaches...

You know the drill. MVP runner up 'n all. Oh wait, now it's 16th best voted by the players. Another awesome accolade.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Romo was at the point where a strong wind would put him on the injured list. Maybe you’re too young to have watched.
it is true that Romo was a injury risk , but I would have loved to see him against AR in that GB playoff game , Dak and his slow start was the big difference on that day , it has become a Cowboys theme and come back to bite us in important games .

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak needs to leave because he's hit a brick wall. The pressure's too hard for him here in Dallas. Him and those panic attacks. It isn't going to get any better. We have to continue to find someone else that can overcome Jerry. Dak isn't it.
Dak is a good QB, but it would be so interesting to see how he does in another teams locker room.

He has to much influence in the Cowboys locker room because he is a great person and can talk the talk. Maybe a new environment away from the JJ Five Ring Circus is what he needs, but not in Dallas, eight years is enough to have just one job, time to grow up and find another team and he might surprise or not.

He would not survive going to the Steelers...Chasing7. lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They haven't prepared for 2024 let alone beyond. All we did this year is put all the pressure on the offence on Dak, and we know how this works in the end.
We went heavy on the OL in the draft. If the OL is improved that should help. We’ll have to see if the defense responds to Zimmer. I still think stopping the run is going to be an issue. I don’t have a lot of faith in the defense showing up when it really matters against the contending teams.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
We went heavy on the OL in the draft. If the OL is improved that should help. We’ll have to see if the defense responds to Zimmer. I still think stopping the run is going to be an issue. I don’t have a lot of faith in the defense showing up when it really matters against the contending teams.
As much as I am critical of Dak, the issues with our D have not helped his situation. I don't think they have done enough either, and as for the OL indeed they have started the rebuild but it's still a question mark. I actually think Zimm will be a huge difference with the D, could come down to overall health and return from injury. Again, question marks

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
As much as I am critical of Dak, the issues with our D have not helped his situation. I don't think they have done enough either, and as for the OL indeed they have started the rebuild but it's still a question mark. I actually think Zimm will be a huge difference with the D, could come down to overall health and return from injury. Again, question marks
The defense has been a huge problem in the critical games. We ranked 5th overall in defense last season primarily due to feasting on bad teams. It was a very misleading ranking. We STUNK defensively against San Francisco, Buffalo and Green Bay in the playoffs. Even a bad AZ team being led by Joshua Dobbs manhandled us. Our defense has got to step up against the contending teams. It doesn’t help your QB and offense when your defense is being dominated, giving up 30+ points. I knew we were in trouble after the Seattle game. The defense was being manhandled, but Dak and our offense was able to pull it out. Dak was outstanding in that game and had to be.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Notice how Qcard says, "Dak Haters are worthless at knowing anything Football related".

Then from the other side of the mouth, he always proclaims, "Dak hate is not about football".

He is so mixed up with his love...lol. How embarrassing.
I'm curious. If Dak hate isn't about football what's it about? Seems I'm always the last to know.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tKhRFWx.png