Bob Sturm: "This time next week, Dak will have a deal"

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tKhRFWx.png
I'm sensing a trend.

Someone should send a link of this thread to Sturm.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well it's the time of the week and still nothing...hopefully it stays that way
Technically, the prediction has just under 24 hours to go before it is voided. Another member has alluded to this Saturday being the prediction's deadline but that would change it to a week-and-a-day.

coult44

Reaction score
You want to keep going on 9 or 10 more years of failing with Dak. There are two sides of that coin.
No the coin is simple. What would you rather do? Heads: you get Dak and 12 wins, plus a team who loves him and will play for him. Makes the playoffs every year but will take a miracle to get it done. Tails; you get a dark period of Hutchinson, QC, Testeverde, Flowers, Bledsoe, and that starts with Lance. You’re a 4-6 win team ever year until one day you find a 7th rounder who Dan play.

Easy choice

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
No the coin is simple. What would you rather do? Heads: you get Dak and 12 wins, plus a team who loves him and will play for him. Makes the playoffs every year but will take a miracle to get it done. Tails; you get a dark period of Hutchinson, QC, Testeverde, Flowers, Bledsoe, and that starts with Lance. You’re a 4-6 win team ever year until one day you find a 7th rounder who Dan play.

Easy choice
Indeed, give me high picks and the uncertainty of a scorched-earth rebuild any day over perpetual no man's land and a known overpaid stat padding choke artist who still can't read defenses and throw his receivers open after 9 years.

Swagger

Reaction score
JJ probably had Garretts input about Dak. I also think it was Garrett that would not let Romo come back in when he got healed up some, and that year would have been the perfect time to let a veteran come in and save the day, they had a good chance at the SB that year, but instead they turned the team over to Dak, and here we are.

Now I know there is a mouth breather or two that said Romo would have just gotten hurt again, which could or could not have happened, but they were so sure about that and I've always asked him/them if they can tell the future then give me the lottery numbers, but then they shut up.

Anyway, the failure of the team these last 8 years is not Dak's fault, it just has to be the defense, damn it, it has to be! lol
I never really understood the argument about Romo getting injured in the play offs - if so, then put Prescott back in. It's not exactly rocket science. They would have had the same (limited) playbook for Prescott any way! All this losing the dressing room stuff was hilarious. Any player with a basic brain knew how good Romo was and would have wanted him to come back in at that point in the season given his quality and experience plus the record of rookie quarterbacks in the post season.

Qcard

Reaction score
I never really understood the argument about Romo getting injured in the play offs - if so, then put Prescott back in. It's not exactly rocket science. They would have had the same (limited) playbook for Prescott any way! All this losing the dressing room stuff was hilarious. Any player with a basic brain knew how good Romo was and would have wanted him to come back in at that point in the season given his quality and experience plus the record of rookie quarterbacks in the post season.
So you are saying the Team Captains were not echoing the lockerooms sentiment and they did not have brains.... :lmao2::lmao2:

Either way Cowboys weren't going anywhere with Jason Garrett....can we at least agree...:laugh:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
As a rookie in 2016 during his first playoff game (divisional hosts since the Cowboys had a bye during the wildcard games), Dak threw for over 300 yards, over 2 TDs (3 total) and led the team from being down 18 points halfway through the 2nd quarter all the way to a tied game at 31 - 31 all with 35 seconds left in regulation. All things Romo never was able to accomplish during a single playoff game throughout his career.

I would keep Dak over Romo for those reasons.

Had the Defense ever showed up and helped keep the game tied going into overtime, I have a feeling Dak would have led the Cowboys to a win and into the NFC Championship Game. He was playing that good his rookie year.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Easy choice
Have some faith.

They are obviously taking a serious look at Lance.

There is no rush.

Dak is still under contract.

So they have a bridge season.

Dak is too expensive and he loses too many playoff games.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak needs to leave because he's hit a brick wall. The pressure's too hard for him here in Dallas. Him and those panic attacks. It isn't going to get any better. We have to continue to find someone else that can overcome Jerry. Dak isn't it.
Such player does not exist.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never really understood the argument about Romo getting injured in the play offs - if so, then put Prescott back in. It's not exactly rocket science.
It was never a matter of rocket science. It was due to The Age of Team Chemistry Euphoria Euphoria Euphoria Euphoria...

2016 will be just another chapter within Jerry Jones' GM book post-Jimmy Johnson. The first two chapters were an NFC Championship loss and Super Bowl win.

The remaining chapters have Jones written ALL over them. The 2016 chapter was simply his finest GM work to-date.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Indeed, give me high picks and the uncertainty of a scorched-earth rebuild any day over perpetual no man's land and a known overpaid stat padding choke artist who still can't read defenses and throw his receivers open after 9 years.
You want everything you want now and throw fits if you don’t get it Huh.