Bob Sturm: "This time next week, Dak will have a deal"

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ceedee has a better chance at being signed I think. Dak MIGHT sign if both sides agree with a very short deal,say a 2 year deal.

75boyz

Reaction score
If you saw Jerry's recent speech of give him credit and keep Cowboys relevant, then you gotta believe signing Dak fulfills his idea of maintaining relevancy.
I call it his "just win enough" marketing strategy.

And the one and done playoff losses or less will continue while profits soar.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Win first get paid later…..Lamb says hold my beer and I’ll sit out lol. Dak and Micah could easily do the same he’s just lucky they didn’t.
Sit out what? They can't sit out the season. They aren't in the same situation as Lamb.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you saw Jerry's recent speech of give him credit and keep Cowboys relevant, then you gotta believe signing Dak fulfills his idea of maintaining relevancy.
I call it his "just win enough" marketing strategy.

And the one and dones or less will continue while profits soar.
According to Stephen, 99% of season ticket holders renewed, and of the 1% that did not, those tickets were scooped up very quick.

What they do not say, yes the season tickets holder pretty much have to renew. And also they can profit from them by selling them on the secondary market.

So your "just win enough" has some relevance.

75boyz

Reaction score
According to Stephen, 99% of season ticket holders renewed, and of the 1% that did not, those tickets were scooped up very quick.

What they do not say, yes the season tickets holder pretty much have to renew. And also they can profit from them by selling them on the secondary market.

So your "just win enough" has some relevance.
Yeah,
It's Jerry's basic tenet of sales.
The act of psychological reciprocity. Or in this case, reciprocating the consumer/fan. They give you their money...
In return he gives them at the very least, the product they have grown accustomed to.

Last edited:

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
He’s always been fair on Dak. His stance has always been he has flaws but Jerry is the issue. The only people who don’t like him are the ones who don’t like Dak.
Nope. Ive followed him for years. He was like the Dak stans on CZ. If you said anything negative about him in his comments, he would mute or block you.

Now he is seeing the light. I made a thread on here about that already

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah,
Basics of sales.
The act of psychological reciprocity. Or reciprocating the consumer/fan. They give you their money.
In return you give them at the very least, the product they have grown accustomed to.
Yeah it is like McDonalds. It is not a great hamburger but it is good for the price they pump them out as.

When there are 10 other places with much better food, but you also pay the price.

We get McDonald's, KC gets the high end beef.

:laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nope. Ive followed him for years. He was like the Dak stans on CZ. If you said anything negative about him in his comments, he would mute or block you.

Now he is seeing the light. I made a thread on here about that already
Muting or blocking idiots is different. I block Dak stans and I’m one. That’s different. I’m speaking strictly on his radio show and his articles. He’s never changed his tune on Dak he’s always been consistent.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
How are they not? If Micah wanted a new deal he could easily sit out preseason until he got a deal. Dak too
Players with 1 year left on rookie deal are allowed more leniency on hold outs because they haven't yet gotten a the protections a 2nd contract offers.

Parsons would be trying to do it 2 years remaining. Sit out preseason, still not get a contract & lose all the money in fines plus expose himself to backlash from fans & teams around the league.

Dak has no reason to sit out. If he wants a new contract and Dallas isn't interested all he has to do is waive the trade clause. Otherwise, he has to play out the season and sitting out the preseason would accomplish nothing for him other than cost him the fines.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Players with 1 year left on rookie deal are allowed more leniency on hold outs because they haven't yet gotten a the protections a 2nd contract offers.

Parsons would be trying to do it 2 years remaining. Sit out preseason, still not get a contract & lose all the money in fines plus expose himself to backlash from fans & teams around the league.

Dak has no reason to sit out. If he wants a new contract and Dallas isn't interested all he has to do is waive the trade clause. Otherwise, he has to play out the season and sitting out the preseason would accomplish nothing for him other than cost him the fines.
So Micah sat out right now Jerry wouldn’t cave in?

Your hypotheticals aren’t reality….if he sat out and the Cowboys didn’t want him then yeah that would be a mistake. But let’s don’t kid ourselves here if Dak wants to be here the Cowboys want him here. If he sat out they would pay him what he wanted and these fines would disappear.

75boyz

Reaction score
Yeah it is like McDonalds. It is not a great hamburger but it is good for the price they pump them out as.

When there are 10 other places with much better food, but you also pay the price.

We get McDonald's, KC gets the high end beef.

:laugh:
Exactly.
In my opinion no one has ever, nor will ever, crack Jerry's salesmanship secret that has sold such an inferior Cowboys product to the masses at such unheard of profits.

It defies the standard business model of quality product supply and demand.
It's not a quality product and yet the demand is high.

Jerry's 3 decades proof of his Mediocrity Sells mantra should be a marketing case study.
LOL

Last edited:

DCCowboys11

Reaction score
Dallas’ cap would be fine if they quit giving out so many bad contracts. Especially to guys that are injured. Stop with the “we like our guys” crap on every guy you draft. Michael Gallup’s contract is a perfect example. Everybody but the Cowboys knew he was done. They paid him anyways and got burned. Same with J. Smith, probably T. Steele is next.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Cowboys only WANT fans to think Dak, CeeDee, and Micah will cost 70 percent of the cap. Contract figures and cap HIT are two different things.

Heaven forbid we keep all three and don't have the flexibility to sign another Royce Freeman next offseason.....