Bob Sturm: "This time next week, Dak will have a deal"

Qcard

Reaction score
No rookie is going to make $45 million per. There's a rookie contract wage scale. Draft a guy in the 1st Rd and you have a $$$ bargain for 5 seasons
Spoken like an athlete's parent without an NIL....

No rookie is going to give the Cowboys 5 years of bargaining....These guys are demanding contracts after 1 playoff win.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, there would be no leverage. Holding out 2 years early when the owner just said he wants to see results before contracts, that's would be unrealistic.

Which is it then? Does Dak not want to be here, is that why there is no contract? If so, why doesn't he just come out & say he's looking forward to free agency and end the contract charade?

Fines disappear if the two sides come together on a deal & it's in everyone's best interest. If not, fines remain.

Ask Lev Bell what happens if the team decides not to cave.
Leveon Bell is the one who made a mistake for sure. He thought he was valuable and didn’t know teams didn’t value running back. I think Micah and Dak have more leverage than he did.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
djhpbw6.png

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Leveon Bell is the one who made a mistake for sure. He thought he was valuable and didn’t know teams didn’t value running back. I think Micah and Dak have more leverage than he did.
He wasn't just a running back though. He was a huge receiving threat. He was putting up like 2000 yards \ year combined. He was literally the best offensive weapon in the NFL.

Bottom line is you can only push your position so far regardless of who you are. At the end of the day, the billionaires don't have to have any one player.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He wasn't just a running back though. He was a huge receiving threat. He was putting up like 2000 yards \ year combined. He was literally the best offensive weapon in the NFL.

Bottom line is you can only push your position so far regardless of who you are. At the end of the day, the billionaires don't have to have any one player.
He was a great player no doubt but those receiving yards were more a detriment than a benefit. They knew they wear tear was there.

Lamb is about to become the highest paid receiver in the league….Jerry thought he was making him earn it….hell no lol.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
He was a great player no doubt but those receiving yards were more a detriment than a benefit. They knew they wear tear was there.

Lamb is about to become the highest paid receiver in the league….Jerry thought he was making him earn it….hell no lol.
As a stand alone decision, I imagine Jerry would be just fine signing CD to a contract.

However, as has been discussed all off season, there seems to be a bigger picture consideration. If Dak isn't coming back regardless of reason, perhaps they don't see the reason to have a highly paid receiver on the books.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As a stand alone decision, I imagine Jerry would be just fine signing CD to a contract.

However, as has been discussed all off season, there seems to be a bigger picture consideration. If Dak isn't coming back regardless of reason, perhaps they don't see the reason to have a highly paid receiver on the books.
Then trade him lol. That’s all I ask. Be proactive instead of reactive.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Then trade him lol. That’s all I ask. Be proactive instead of reactive.
Or better yet, sign CD earlier (assuming he would) play him this year & you could still trade him in the future if things go a certain way.

At this point though, if they fold on all these contracts it is totally asinine and further proof the drama is intentional just to keep them in the news.

Bagman

Reaction score
I just want this front office to show they have a clear plan in place and get this all over with.

Sign Dak or get rid of Dak, or at least make it clear they want him or make it clear this is a prove it year for him.

They've done absolutely nothing. There is so much ambiguity we can draw conclusions either way. At this point I just want some signs from the Jones boys that they at least have the slightest thing resembling a plan in place.....
Excellent point. The question remains..... what's the plan ? They've made ZERO upgrades in many areas and actually are WORSE in others. Was the plan to just pay Dak more and magically win more games?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Excellent point. The question remains..... what's the plan ? They've made ZERO upgrades in many areas and actually are WORSE in others. Was the plan to just pay Dak more and magically win more games?
I don't think they had a plan. I just don't see how we score. Other than CD where are our offensive weapons.? I guess they hope our defense can keep us in games and our schedule won't be as tough as it appears.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not so sure Dak will be paid next week . . . if Jerry sees what Dak has been saying, he might decide to wait him out a bit longer! :muttley:

quickccc

Reaction score
Somewhere within month of August- Dak will be re-signed- I've always predicted - its' the month that decides if Dak stays with Cowboys .

. or goes to Pittsburgh, Seattle, LA Raiders, NY Giants or New Orleans in 2025 ?

- Dak really wants to be remain here, but wants his just due.
- Cowboys have always had a long trending history of being able to re-sign the core star players they have really wanted.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
He already has the deal he wants. He gets to leave. Time for Jerry to select his replacement.
Do you really trust this front office to select a QB? If they do they will select one in the 4th to 7th round, but most likely an UDFA. They think they are.smarter and better evaluators than the rest of the NFL.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is what people who say sign dak and lamb, just dont get.
This team is shaky and not as good as it was last year, so I dont see where dak and lamb are going to help the team be better.

All they do is maybe keep the team relevant .....maybe.

rambo2

Reaction score
This is what people who say sign dak and lamb, just dont get.
This team is shaky and not as good as it was last year, so I dont see where dak and lamb are going to help the team be better.

All they do is maybe keep the team relevant .....maybe.
Double digit wins.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Double digit wins.
maybe, it is wait and see, so many variables this year, hard to say accurately.
Many of us dont care about DD wins, except for are we # 1 seed?
That would help in playoffs, and most the main question is how will they do in playoffs?

Again that is hard to predict right now .

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
A new deal with Lamb also opens up cap space. And remember the cap will keep increasing every year as well.

Dallas can re-sign Dak and make sure there is an "out" in the contract this time so all sides are happy.
OR a new deal with Dak opens tons of cap space and they can easily sign Lamb AND Parsons. Now that I think about it....could it be THIS was always their intention? It didn't matter whether or not Dak was extended before free agency or after. Even if he was extended before free agency, they were always going to use the extra cap space on Lamb and Parsons........NOT bringing in outside free agents.