Bob Sturm: "This time next week, Dak will have a deal"

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm starting to sense his deal may get done after all.........$57-58M
Look for CeeDee to sign immediately since Dak's deal would lower the cap

A new deal with Lamb also opens up cap space. And remember the cap will keep increasing every year as well.

Dallas can re-sign Dak and make sure there is an "out" in the contract this time so all sides are happy.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s really pathetic and sad that there are people here that actually believe this.
The pathetic and sad ones are those that take this game so serious, and constantly complain about things they can't change. The only thing they can change, if they are so miserable, are teams, but most won't. I stick around this forum, recently, for the laughs and back and forth....whatever happens with Dak is out of my hands...whatever they do, I'll be good with. Just ready for some games!. Go Cowboys!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Dak Doomsday Prophets have chosen a new date after being wrong on all the others.

The cosmos have spoken.
I just want this front office to show they have a clear plan in place and get this all over with.

Sign Dak or get rid of Dak, or at least make it clear they want him or make it clear this is a prove it year for him.

They've done absolutely nothing. There is so much ambiguity we can draw conclusions either way. At this point I just want some signs from the Jones boys that they at least have the slightest thing resembling a plan in place.....

Brax

Reaction score
The pathetic and sad ones are those that take this game so serious, and constantly complain about things they can't change. The only thing they can change, if they are so miserable, are teams, but most won't. I stick around this forum, recently, for the laughs and back and forth....whatever happens with Dak is out of my hands...whatever they do, I'll be good with. Just ready for some games!. Go Cowboys!
Nothing anyone can do to, what ever happens is what it is and nothing to get upset about, pathetic and sad are the R baiters, have no problem with anyone’s opinions I just draw the line at that.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing anyone can do to, what ever happens is what it is and nothing to get upset about, pathetic and sad are the R baiters, have no problem with anyone’s opinions I just draw the line at that.
I'm not upset
..you're the one that brought up pathetic and sad...I just responded with my opinion...thanks for not having a problem with that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I just want this front office to show they have a clear plan in place and get this all over with.

Sign Dak or get rid of Dak, or at least make it clear they want him or make it clear this is a prove it year for him.

They've done absolutely nothing. There is so much ambiguity we can draw conclusions either way. At this point I just want some signs from the Jones boys that they at least have the slightest thing resembling a plan in place.....
There is no owner worth his salt going to tell you they are going into a rebuild.

They won't even let the players know it, let alone the fans.

They want buts in the seats every week and telling fans you have given up on the QB and HC is not the way to make that happen.

This is why you do not listen to a word they say, but instead you watch what they do. They have all their coaches on 1 year contracts along with their QB. They did nothing at all in FA and the couple guys they did sign got, you guessed it, one year contracts.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Race baiting innuendo posts, I think both you and mountain cowboy would agree on this one
Well, I'm a minority myself...if I did that, it wasn't my intention. I didn't see the post you referred too as R Baiting...Maybe, just naivety on my part.

Brax

Reaction score
Well, I'm a minority myself...if I did that, it wasn't my intention. I didn't see the post you referred too as R Baiting...Maybe, just naivety on my part.
No problem may have been my lack of spelling it out, we are good fortunately it a small few who do this. Hopefully the season is good and folks learn to just enjoy the games, have a good weekend

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No problem may have been my lack of spelling it out, we are good fortunately it a small few who do this. Hopefully the season is good and folks learn to just enjoy the games, have a good weekend
Yes sir, some of this arguing amongst each other has gotten out of hand....I own up to being part of the problem. Just a long of season.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
So Micah sat out right now Jerry wouldn’t cave in?

Your hypotheticals aren’t reality….if he sat out and the Cowboys didn’t want him then yeah that would be a mistake. But let’s don’t kid ourselves here if Dak wants to be here the Cowboys want him here. If he sat out they would pay him what he wanted and these fines would disappear.
No, there would be no leverage. Holding out 2 years early when the owner just said he wants to see results before contracts, that's would be unrealistic.

Which is it then? Does Dak not want to be here, is that why there is no contract? If so, why doesn't he just come out & say he's looking forward to free agency and end the contract charade?

Fines disappear if the two sides come together on a deal & it's in everyone's best interest. If not, fines remain.

Ask Lev Bell what happens if the team decides not to cave.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry has made up his mind to not give Dak a new deal unless he gets us to a Super Bowl. Jerry is not going to announce this plan to the world, thus the "ambiguity" he spoke about.

bandfan

Reaction score
I suspect France had a pretty good idea how he was gonna play this the day after Dak signed the last contract. If France decided not to sign an extension from the beginning there isn't a whole lot the Jones's could do about it...

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
A new deal with Lamb also opens up cap space. And remember the cap will keep increasing every year as well.

Dallas can re-sign Dak and make sure there is an "out" in the contract this time so all sides are happy.
Dak can say no to any offer if the spirit moves him. If he is not comfortable with the “out” language he can just say “no”. Dallas is going to pay him $1.7 million for every game he’s on the 53 man roster this season. The man has no problems. He’s going to get what he wants from Jerry or become a free agent. The only out he’s going to agree to is one he controls, not one the team controls.

sbark

Reaction score
I guess we just "move on",
Attention now on camp

Best we can hope for is JJ gets rid of the no trade clause..

Bagman

Reaction score
We'll find out when Prescott leaves the Cowboys.....and folks will pontificate on a rookie QB making $45m per season going through growing pains

:laugh: :laugh: :lmao2:
No rookie is going to make $45 million per. There's a rookie contract wage scale. Draft a guy in the 1st Rd and you have a $$$ bargain for 5 seasons