Twitter: Bobby Belt: $32M is CeeDee floor?

Flamma

Reaction score
Is that what you want, trade CeeDee and start Trey Lance in 2025? How the heck would the team get better doing something like that even if they ended up with the top three pick? A top three pick doesn’t guarantee a good player especially a QB. If we want to have any chance of success, we need to hang on to the receiver and QB we have. Without those two we could be looking at a number of very lean years down the road. It’s almost like that’s what some of you want. :rolleyes:
I was simply responding to your post. The one where you said if we let Dak walk, it might take a long time to find a viable QB. I'm simply providing the option to get a viable QB quicker. We could pick another Zach Wilson, but hey, it's still a chance sooner rather than later.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes. This is what I am saying. If I fully guarantee you 50M over 5 years, you get that paid over a span of years. But I have to put all of that guaranteed money in a sperate account the second you sign that deal. Not over time. It has to sit there waiting for you.
Interesting. I never heard that before.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its amazing that the Davidians can't see that Dak does not want to be back . You are all quick to blame Jerry and chuckles , maybe start using your brains ..

CD's mom and Micah's bro pointed some serious fingers after the GB debacle .
Tad then got his panties all wadded up as usual .
Throw in limp wristed France telling Dak he should be paid #1 and test the market ...

And here we are ..

Dak is gone, but not because dumbo and his kid want him to be . Dak is gone, because he can't handle the heat and wants to be paid elsewhere without the pressure . Thank you Dak !!

Its going to be a long season for the most devout davidians
Took you until the 2nd page to come here with your nonsense. Impressive.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I was simply responding to your post. The one where you said if we let Dak walk, it might take a long time to find a viable QB. I'm simply providing the option to get a viable QB quicker. We could pick another Zach Wilson, but hey, it's still a chance sooner rather than later.
From reading some of your posts, you seem to want to move on from our best players. I know you want to move on from Dak. What you posted isn’t a good option. You’re not going to replace two of your best players with the third overall pick. You may not be able to replace one of them. Once we get past CeeDee we have little at WR. I’m not looking forward to spending what could be the next decade, trying to find a franchise QB and a top WR. Some of you don’t seem to care how long the team might remain in the dumpster.

Flamma

Reaction score
From reading some of your posts, you seem to want to move on from our best players. I know you want to move on from Dak. What you posted isn’t a good option. You’re not going to replace two of your best players with the third overall pick. You may not be able to replace one of them. Once we get past CeeDee we have little at WR. I’m not looking forward to spending what could be the next decade, trying to find a franchise QB and a top WR. Some of you don’t seem to care how long the team might remain in the dumpster.
All you need to replace is the QB. Teams try to do it every year. It's hit or miss, but you have to be there to try it. It's not going to take a decade to find a good WR.

I know full well the slim chances at finding an elite QB. So I really don't care if they move on from Dak. With or without Dak, our ceiling is being a division winner. I put most of the blame on our team building philosophy. They don't recognize that our QB is not elite. He needs a ton of talent around him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
All you need to replace is the QB. Teams try to do it every year. It's hit or miss, but you have to be there to try it. It's not going to take a decade to find a good WR.

I know full well the slim chances at finding an elite QB. So I really don't care if they move on from Dak. With or without Dak, our ceiling is being a division winner. I put most of the blame on our team building philosophy. They don't recognize that our QB is not elite. He needs a ton of talent around him.
All you need to do is replace the QB? You make it sound like it’s going to be easy. Lol The teams that try and do it every year are losing and need a QB. If it was up to fans like you, we would be like those teams. As for WR, it won’t take a decade to find a real good one, but we currently have one of the best we’ve ever had. CeeDee may end up being the best Cowboys receiver ever. You don’t become a championship team by moving on from players like that. I know KC traded Tyreek Hill and has won a couple of Super Bowls since, but they have one of the all-time great QBs. However, they would be even better had they been able to keep him. The Chiefs WR situation almost did them in last year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The Cowboys have a dilemma. If they allow Dak to walk and extend CeeDee, good luck maximizing his contract if it takes a long time to find a viable QB. If CeeDee breaks the bank for however much it is, fans aren’t going to be happy and neither will the Joneses if his numbers begin to decline with the next QB. We’ll see how it plays out.
This is just me but I don't see them going with Lance or a rookie if Dak walks and CeeDee is resigned. Unless they catch lightning in a bottle with Lance, I see them signing or trading for a vet ( Wilson, Carr, Cousins ). Like you said, we will see .........

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is just me but I don't see them going with Lance or a rookie if Dak walks and CeeDee is resigned. Unless they catch lightning in a bottle with Lance, I see them signing or trading for a vet ( Wilson, Carr, Cousins ). Like you said, we will see .........
If Dak were to walk and we don’t get a chance to see Lance play this season they’ll likely hang onto him and take their chances with him along with a veteran. It’s going to be a bad situation if it comes to that.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If Dak were to walk and we don’t get a chance to see Lance play this season they’ll likely hang onto him and take their chances with him along with a veteran. It’s going to be a bad situation if it comes to that.
It's already bad, to be honest..........remember Trey is a free agent after the season. So if he doesn't take a snap this season, how much are you willing to pay to keep him? $10-15M....so they both could walk. Then we are likely looking at drafting one high and signing a vet. Either way, it's a full-blown mess right now IMO. (lol)

https://overthecap.com/player/trey-lance/9467

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's already bad, to be honest..........remember Trey is a free agent after the season. So if he doesn't take a snap this season, how much are you willing to pay to keep him? $10-15M....so they both could walk. Then we are likely looking at drafting one high and signing a vet. Either way, it's a full-blown mess right now IMO. (lol)

https://overthecap.com/player/trey-lance/9467
It’s not as bad as fans make it out to be. They act like Dak is trash. :rolleyes: If Dak walks, we’ll be forced to keep Lance. They’ll end up paying him $10-15M or whatever, if they haven’t seen him play because he might develop into something once he gets on the field in a regular season game. We’re going to need a young QB to develop that has potential and he would be the QB unless we use a high draft pick on one. It would come down to what QBs are available when we’re on the clock. We’ll enter training camp in 2025 with a young QB and a veteran we pick up. We could also keep Lance along with a first or second round QB. We’re going need several options if Dak walks because we could be playing musical chairs at QB in 2025.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Months ago????? They could have done this deal immediately following his 3rd year. He is going into his 5th year ( 5th year option ). In other words, they could done this 2 years ago.
Lamb had to be willing. Most first round picks that are expected to get top $ rarely extended after year 3. Its a good move by the team, bad move by the player

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I hate to say but he has very little leverage over the next 2-3 years but here is the thing. If they can't get CeeDee ( probably the easiest of the three ), there is almost no chance of completing Parsons's deal.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/47611/ceedee-lamb/contract/cap

Who should we pay in order of importance?

1. CeeDee/his mom
2. Micah/his brother
3. Dak (A plague upon our cottage)

Love, love, love that CeeDee. But gimmie 2 steady WRs with good hands. They are out there. CeeDee can walk or boycott camp. Let others get the touches and camp glory.

Michah The mouth's legend keeps growing, he tells his listeners. But he is overrated. He is good but not good enough to kneecap the team financially.

Paying anymore to Dak is insanity, money down the loo.
If Jerald pays him we are, collectively, still banging our heads against the wall expecting a wildcard result.

If you must pay, pay Nos. 1 and 2.
Dak can pound sand..

HonoluluCowboy

Reaction score
Took you until the 2nd page to come here with your nonsense. Impressive.
Tick Tock , Its July son !! Sleepless nights and lots of prayers eh Rock ? lmao !!

At this point why would Dak sign , much less the Jones boys make an offer ??

Its pointless ...

But keep clicking those heels :laugh:

bandfan

Reaction score
sure cash flow is always a consideration but there is no way that is a real worry for Jehtro
when you have a net worth of double digit billions a few hundred million is not going to be all that hard to get.
I strongly suspect that Jerry does not mix his money and company money....

Nemesis4u

Reaction score
I'll never understand why his deal wasn't done months ago.

Are the Cowboys intentionally trying to screw this up like they did with #4's rookie contract?
You guys just dont get it do you. If prescott is gone so is he. If you see lamb get signed dak is coming back 100%. They will trade ceedee if prescott doesnt resign.

Flamma

Reaction score
All you need to do is replace the QB? You make it sound like it’s going to be easy. Lol The teams that try and do it every year are losing and need a QB. If it was up to fans like you, we would be like those teams. As for WR, it won’t take a decade to find a real good one, but we currently have one of the best we’ve ever had. CeeDee may end up being the best Cowboys receiver ever. You don’t become a championship team by moving on from players like that. I know KC traded Tyreek Hill and has won a couple of Super Bowls since, but they have one of the all-time great QBs. However, they would be even better had they been able to keep him. The Chiefs WR situation almost did them in last year.
Again, I was just giving you my answer to your own hypothetical, if Dak were to walk.