Twitter: Bobby Belt: $32M is CeeDee floor?

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think he does even if he’s worse than him.
That would be like Trance beating out Jimmy G, which never actually happened.

If GM Jethro wants to give Trance the job by default he can, in an attempt to try to not make his trade not look as stupid as it was. I can definitely see that happening.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know McCarthy has been given his marching orders.
They’ve already seen plenty of Cooper Rush. He’s clearly not the long term answer if Dak walks. They gave up a 4th round pick for Lance and are going to give him every opportunity to succeed. It only makes sense that he gets the majority of preseason snaps. There’s only three preseason games and we want to see him play. If he were to play well and we extend Dak before the season, we might be able to trade him. A team could suffer an injury at QB and forfeit a decent pick for him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
They’ve already seen plenty of Cooper Rush. He’s clearly not the long term answer if Dak walks. They gave up a 4th round pick for Lance and are going to give him every opportunity to succeed. It only makes sense that he gets the majority of preseason snaps.
Why would you think if Trance is competing for the back up job that he would be the long term answer?

I mean how many QB's get drafted in the first round to compete for the back up job? Seriously.

Any QB that gets drafted in the first round is either competing for the starting job or is given the back up position by default. Trance is in year 4 in the NFL and still competing for backup jobs and has to be given an unfair advantage to do so, by giving him every possible opportunity?

Do you see the problem yet???

Flamma

Reaction score
Trading Lamb would be a stupid move. The QB you draft or bring in would need a weapon like him to have any chance of being successful. Without Lamb we have very little at WR. Having a QB and WR issue would destroy the team. Just look at the production and points Dak and CeeDee produced last season. Good luck replacing that production. They consisted of most of our offense last season.
If you move on from your QB, all attempts must be made to replace that QB. You can't worry about a glorified slot WR. QB should be the only concern.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why would you think if Trance is competing for the back up job that he would be the long term answer?

I mean how many QB's get drafted in the first round to compete for the back up job? Seriously.

Any QB that gets drafted in the first round is either competing for the starting job or is given the back up position by default. Trance is in year 4 in the NFL and still competing for backup jobs and has to be given an unfair advantage to do so, by giving him every possible opportunity?

Do you see the problem yet???
I never said Lance would be the long-term answer. :rolleyes: I said Cooper Rush isn’t the long-term answer but that certainly doesn’t mean Lance is. You got things twisted. We’ve seen plenty of Rush and he’s a decent backup, but has limitations. Lance has more potential if he develops but he needs a lot of reps to have any chance to improve. He wasn’t drafted to compete for the backup job. He was competing for the starting job last summer in San Francisco but lost out to two other QBs and that’s how he ended up here. Nowhere have I said Trey Lance is the answer and will be our starter or should be our starter. I don’t see him panning out and have said so many times. I see a problem and it’s with your perception. Maybe you’re just looking for something to argue about.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Trading Lamb would be a stupid move. The QB you draft or bring in would need a weapon like him to have any chance of being successful. Without Lamb we have very little at WR. Having a QB and WR issue would destroy the team. Just look at the production and points Dak and CeeDee produced last season. Good luck replacing that production. They consisted of most of our offense last season.
So without Lamb a new QB would have very little at WR? Which means what about the rest of our WR group?

However, the rest of our WR group with no run game is adequate for Dak and he chokes in big games with the best defenses.

Got it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So without Lamb a new QB would have very little at WR? Which means what about the rest of our WR group?

However, the rest of our WR group with no run game is adequate for Dak and he chokes in big games with the best defenses.

Got it.
What do we have at WR once we get past CeeDee? Our offense last season consisted mostly of Dak to CeeDee. Cooks is on the last year of his deal and once you get past him, the rest of our WRs aren’t proven.

Chasing6

Reaction score
What do we have at WR once we get past CeeDee? Our offense last season consisted mostly of Dak to CeeDee. Cooks is on the last year of his deal and once you get past him, the rest of our WRs aren’t proven.
What do we have at GM?

Did we just come out of arguably the best WR draft in decades?

What did our GM do? Did he draft a WR to protect the team from a CD hold out? Is he too dumb to comprehend that as a possibility?

Guess what? The Niners anticipated it and drafted a WR in round 1. We did not draft a WR at all.

Did GM Jethro get caught with his pants down with Martin last year? Could he have drafted O'Cyrus and prevented that?

Did we draft a RB?

Did we draft a DT?

But Dak should be able to over come all of Jethro's mistakes, because that is what Mahomes does right?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What do we have at GM?

Did we just come out of arguably the best WR draft in decades?

What did our GM do? Did he draft a WR to protect the team from a CD hold out? Is he too dumb to comprehend that as a possibility?

Guess what? The Niners anticipated it and drafted a WR in round 1. We did not draft a WR at all.

Did GM Jethro get caught with his pants down with Martin last year? Could he have drafted O'Cyrus and prevented that?

Did we draft a RB?

Did we draft a DT?

But Dak should be able to over come all of Jethro's mistakes, because that is what Mahomes does right?
We weren’t about to draft a WR high with the needs we had on the OL. We drafted a WR and we should have drafted an RB.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
CeeDee is going to miss some training camp. Just get used to that fact. This is the script. Just like Martin last year, this is how it goes. So please don't act surprised when it happens. He'll get a new contract before training camp is over.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
He’ll be left with little choice if Dak walks and Lance wins the backup job. The only thing he can do is sign a veteran and draft a young QB to compete with Lance. Those will be his options.
Dak isn’t “walking”. Jerry not offering Dak compensation Dak considers appropriate by March of next year means Dak is no longer a member of the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is walking away from Dak. It’s his call.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak isn’t “walking”. Jerry not offering Dak compensation Dak considers appropriate by March of next year means Dak is no longer a member of the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is walking away from Dak. It’s his call.
Jerry is going to walk away from Dak to who? That’s the dilemma he faces. He walked away from Troy Aikman and it led to five lean years. Trying to sign three players that may be looking to reset the market is going to be a problem. If there’s been an offer made to Dak and he’s not accepting it then he’ll be the one walking away.

Kwyn

Reaction score
I'll never understand why his deal wasn't done months ago.

Are the Cowboys intentionally trying to screw this up like they did with #4's rookie contract?
I imagine that Lamb was in no hurry to even talk to them, let alone sign anything.

His agents likely wouldn’t even come to the table until the market had topped out.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Lol lol lol people don't realize this. Get a new deal, a few years, they need more like damn honor your deal
Last one to do this to the cowboys was Zack. Most of the board was clamoring for the Cowboys to “just pay the man!”

But, different players get different takes at the Zone.

Flamma

Reaction score
How frequent does that happen? Daniel Jones gets 40 million a year just like Dak does and he never held out for disrespect. Typically these guys wait a few years before they ask for a better deal. Zack Martin waited years.
People are making it sound the same. What Zach Martin did was totally different than what Lamb is doing now.

Lamb is asking for an extension beyond his current contract. He's not saying he's not paid enough. Zach Martin was saying what you're paying me isn't sufficient, pay me more.

Like if I had a contract to work for you for a week. On Wednesday I tell you I'm not coming in tomorrow unless you extend my contract through next week. That's what Lamb is doing.

Zach Martin on the other hand stops working on Wednesday and says, I'm not coming in tomorrow unless you pay me more. I don't like the deal we made.

Chasing6

Reaction score
People are making it sound the same. What Zach Martin did was totally different than what Lamb is doing now.

Lamb is asking for an extension beyond his current contract. He's not saying he's not paid enough. Zach Martin was saying what you're paying me isn't sufficient, pay me more.

Like if I had a contract to work for you for a week. On Wednesday I tell you I'm not coming in tomorrow unless you extend my contract through next week. That's what Lamb is doing.

Zach Martin on the other hand stops working on Wednesday and says, I'm not coming in tomorrow unless you pay me more. I don't like the deal we made.
It is no different than teams asking players to take a pay cut or they will be released.

It is part of the game. We hate this part of the game because we have GM Jethro and he constantly ends up on the wrong side no matter what decision he makes.

He either over pays or can not get good trade value. So no matter what we are going to be disappointed at the end.