Bobby Carpenter: Is it just me?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
People felt this way about Bradie James too.

I dont expect as much from a 4th rounder. And even then James would at least make some nasty hits.

Its like Parcells says, 'if they dont bite when theyere puppies....' I want this dog to start biting.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Gentlemen I think fuzzy has made a good point. I have yet to see him make a play that would set off any bells & whistles nothing at all that would separate him from the pack.

I will say this on his behalf ..... he's is competeting at a position filled with depth and talent.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Gentlemen I think fuzzy has made a good point. I have yet to see him make a play that would set off any bells & whistles nothing at all that would separate him from the pack.

I will say this on his behalf ..... he's is competeting at a position filled with depth and talent.

Thank you sir. I am not crazy. Yay!!!

ddh33

Reaction score
He was in on several plays that I saw, and he did manage to deflect a pass that nearly led to an interception. Unfortunately, he and Burnett ended up knocking it out of each other's hands. He's learning a new position too. I think he's fine.

kaboy

Reaction score
I'm not too concerned about him yet since we don't need him to start but I really don't like all the diving he is doing, especially since it doesn't seem to be working for him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
kaboy said:
I'm not too concerned about him yet since we don't need him to start but I really don't like all the diving he is doing, especially since it doesn't seem to be working for him.

I cannt staand it when he whiffs on those.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
While i think Carpenter has looked a bit lost out there at times, i don't believe its anything to worry about. His skillset is still outstanding. Anyone questioning his athletic ability is crazy. Another poster questioned his speed in another thread earlier. I disagree 100%. His first ten yards are terrific, and while i have only seen it once thus far (outaccellerating and catching a Seahawk receiver from behind), i'm sure we'll see it often enough once he's comfortable out there.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
i didn't even notice Carp, so that should tell you something. I did notice Ware last year, wich has definately told all of us something.

yes I have patience, but the dude needs to get some visible hits to get attention. Someone needs to tell him how to punish, to get notice, and respect from the league

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Guys it is obviously too soon to say that hes a bust but Im really beginning too wonder when hes going to show something.
Preseason??? Rookie???

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
put him on the practice squad. Surely teams will see he has no skills.:rolleyes:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
we forget that Carp is playing ILB, a position he only played at during the nickel in college, the curve has to be having some effect on him, and the terminology isnt' the same as Ohio State's, unlike it was at VA for Canty, so he's probably thinking too much instead of reacting, causing him to be a step-late often-times, so yes, Fuzzy, I expect more from our 18th pick, but thank God we're stacked

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
dmq said:
put him on the practice squad. Surely teams will see he has no skills.:rolleyes:

No one in this thread has said he did not have any talent or skills.

We realize he's playing a new position (ILB), he's a rookie, he has to adjust to the speed of the NFL. But, He was the 18th pick in the draft and we are patiently waiting to see why?

Believe me we are all pulling for this young man to succeed.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Really other than that one play in the third quarter where he did actually look quite good on the pass rush this guy is doing a big fat job of nothing.

I really have yet to see him make a play but what I doo see him do a lot is jump at people and miss. Now this guy is supposed to be the 18th best player in the draft and also purported to prepared for the game. while he did have some sort of leg injury a week ago im starting to worry about the guy.

I DO NOT want him to suck.

yeah, its just you

he will be fine, if Ellis werent here and doing so well he'd be the starting OLB

David

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
18th pick in the draft????? Showing NOTHING in three games????

Well aren't we a little sack of negativity............

Your a little early for the pessimism train, that can come when we acctually have a chance to see him get adjusted to the speed in the NFL verse college.

You do know players in the NFL are faster, and stronger right?????? So a guy who is 22 coming in playing against older people most likely would take atleast a few games to adjust.

Right?????

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
what's with that dang carpenter? the guy looks like a rookie out there.... :banghead:

oh, he is? :blind:

nevermind...... :abuseme:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
Well aren't we a little sack of negativity............

Your a little early for the pessimism train, that can come when we acctually have a chance to see him get adjusted to the speed in the NFL verse college.

You do know players in the NFL are faster, and stronger right?????? So a guy who is 22 coming in playing against older people most likely would take atleast a few games to adjust.

Right?????

Nah I thought that the NFL was just like Pop Warner.

Despite your condescension, other than the one play where he got a QB pressure, he still has shown NOTHING and I still dont like it.

I like to see flashes and I would REALLY like to see some from him and hes not so it bothers me.