Bobby Carpenter: Is it just me?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
yeah, its just you

he will be fine, if Ellis werent here and doing so well he'd be the starting OLB

David

BS, if Carpenter had shown DeMarcus Ware skillz, Parcells would have never even considered Ellis at OLB. He would have been traded or released.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Just be patient...

How many here had given up on James before last year?

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Nah I thought that the NFL was just like Pop Warner.

Your screen name isn't smart guy, and from your posts all i can tell is you are worry wart or pessimism guy.

FuzzyLumpkins said:
I like to see flashes

Try mardi gras

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
Your screen name isn't smart guy, and from your posts all i can tell is you are worry wart or pessimism guy.

Im very very misanthropic in that my faith in humanity is generally nonexistent. My screenname is an attempt to soften my image.

The Dallas Cowboys on the other hand are not the general public and i can have some serious homer tendencies. When it comes to issues like Kosier and TO etc you would notice that Im not pessimistic. I just call it like I see it.

Ive made it a point to watch Carp when hes out there because i WANT him to do well. He is not and it bothers me.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Folks were saying the exact same thing about Ware this time last year. ;)

you sure about that? didn't he have three sacks and an interception versus the Seahawks in the preseason last year. surely not even the the most defeatist of the chicken littles could gone lemming after that.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

I respectfully disagree LaT. :)

This time last year, Ware was getting off his Seattle game where he was suddenly being talked about as the next LT. :cool:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
There were Ware laments right thru mid season last year..if he had a good game and then "did nothing" the next, it became a 'concern'...he had 'fallen off'. :)

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins said:
Im very very misanthropic in that my faith in humanity is generally nonexistent. My screenname is an attempt to soften my image.

Your sig pic is doing the opposite is that darth maul?

but im sorry if i offended you, don't know if i did?

i usually don't care but i wouldn't call myself misanthropic, i trust that if u do the right thing then it will come back around.

now that we know each other a lil better.......Carp hasn't played great, but i have seen some positives and maybe a FLASH here and there some tackes against the saints and some pressure against the 9ers.

i hear ya but give him time he will be good but must be allowed to develop a bit. even though Ohio State is about as close to the NFL as you get in college (needles stab at Troy Smith and Clarrett getting paid)
:laugh1:

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
Your sig pic is doing the opposite is that darth maul?

but im sorry if i offended you, don't know if i did?

i usually don't care but i wouldn't call myself misanthropic, i trust that if u do the right thing then it will come back around.

now that we know each other a lil better.......Carp hasn't played great, but i have seen some positives and maybe a FLASH here and there some tackes against the saints and some pressure against the 9ers.

i hear ya but give him time he will be good but must be allowed to develop a bit. even though Ohio State is about as close to the NFL as you get in college (needles stab at Troy Smith and Clarrett getting paid)
:laugh1:

Im not offended dont sweat it and the sig is from Love and a .45 i think the chars name is billy. i think i should go back to my old sig tho.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

Now that is a very compelling statement.

I just hope that Carp breaks out like Ware did last season.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Last year at this time only the standard trolling idiots were saying Ware actually sucks. The Seattle game established him as a "good" player when he had the sack, forced fumble, deflection, and pick. Pre-season or no, his performance showed anyone with half a brain that he could play.

Carpenter looks totally lost and worse he looks lost and slow. Obviously he has a long way to go before we can actually judge him. He certainly hasn't flashed the talent that made him a #1 draft choice.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
BS, if Carpenter had shown DeMarcus Ware skillz, Parcells would have never even considered Ellis at OLB. He would have been traded or released.

I disagree here, respectfully, Peter... Parcells has had this in his mind for a long time.

Ellis is a wiley verteran that has been consistent not only in his pass rushing skills, but in his run support. He is also a guy of great character and work ethic.

Now, I was getting sick of his act at times during camp, but I also realized he just needed to get some reps and play the position a bit.

Now he is embracing the position and doing well...

I am probably in the minority in expecting a first rounder to come in and start immediately... I have held the three year rule near and dear for 30+ years...

Give these guys a chance to get some experience and get acclimated to the NFL...

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
trickblue said:
I disagree here, respectfully, Peter... Parcells has had this in his mind for a long time.

Ellis is a wiley verteran that has been consistent not only in his pass rushing skills, but in his run support. He is also a guy of great character and work ethic.

Now, I was getting sick of his act at times during camp, but I also realized he just needed to get some reps and play the position a bit.

Now he is embracing the position and doing well...

I am probably in the minority in expecting a first rounder to come in and start immediately... I have held the three year rule near and dear for 30+ years...

Give these guys a chance to get some experience and get acclimated to the NFL...

Three year rule is fine TB. No argument with that. And I've stated BC could end up as a solid Bradie James type. Just saying, if we expect an impact vet like DeMarcus Ware, we're not going to get it. Wimbley looks to be the man in that category. I think the best argument would be that we couldn't afford to trade up for him, not to defend BC to the dying breath. Meh, I'm done for, I can see this is a no win situation. I'll bow out of this one.