Bossman Fat

MyFairLady

Reaction score
How does Mcclay get all credit for good picks and Jerrg gets it for the bad ones.....lmao
If you do not think that super Jerry was involved in this pick then you have not been paying attention.

J12B

Reaction score
I don't get it, we've been excellent drafting but take a guy like this in the 2nd round....

:facepalm:

Reactions: BAT

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Yes can't cover and takes stupid penalties - what a wise draft pick that was in the 2nd round, LOL. And he has off the field issues on top if it all, great

J-man

Reaction score
He's trash. Starting caliber CB should be top priority this offseason.
IMHO, they need to go find a CB asap. If we lose another starter we're in serious trouble.

Carson

Reaction score
I don't get it, we've been excellent drafting but take a guy like this in the 2nd round....

Agreed. But out of the next few picks, I am not sure who would’ve taken. I swear we wanted Trevor Moehrig and also took Joseph over Samuel Jr., as he projected more of just a slot corner.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Joseph certainly hasn't lived up to his draft status, he's been injured and struggled a lot but many on this forum wanted Brown cut years ago and he's turned into a very solid corner for a fifth round selection, but what is really concerning to me is the amount of misses this team has drafting in the second round, selecting far to many projects or injured players has really hurt this team...Second round selections should be long term starters on a team, not backups....
Agree with all you said, but I got Sam Williams holding on line 2, he wants to chat with you. :D

Praxit

Reaction score
..he's back up, but should 1st stringer get hurt. We're in trouble, unless they bring someone up.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
He's done at CB. Maybe he can have a career on special teams but in terms of playing DB and covering, you can tell he doesn't have it. For the "give him more time crowd" - he has looked bad every single time he's been out there. You may not like Anthony Brown but even he showed more potential as a 6th round rookie in 2016 than what Joseph has shown in 1.5 years.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Every team in the league probably wishes they had a deeper pool at cornerback. Joseph is going to get more time simply because he's cheap and there's not much behind him.

DuceizBak

Reaction score
It's stupid. Let the kid play (i mean I know he got injured) Do people not expect the WR to complete any passes? Diggs gets beat sometimes and it goes unnoticed because the QB isn't even looking his way.

CWR

Reaction score

There are whiffs every draft. That said I hesitate to write him off. We've had some late bloomers, and he may be one of them.

I'd be more optimistic if I thought he was smart and committed. Unfortunately, we know how the off-season went. Every time he's in this year, it seems to be a negative play or penalty.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
There are whiffs every draft. That said I hesitate to write him off. We've had some late bloomers, and he may be one of them.

I'd be more optimistic if I thought he was smart and committed. Unfortunately, we know how the off-season went. Every time he's in this year, it seems to be a negative play or penalty.
He was a reach as a second rounder because of his questionable character. Jerry loves to capitalize on guys like that, thinks he's getting a steal. His version of a blue light special at k-mart many years ago, LOL. He has been productive on special teams, minus a couple really stupid penalties. He just has been awful when on defense. You would hope that a second rounder would be more than just a special teams guy, thats true. Looks like a big WHIFF, thats Jerry

packpitts

Reaction score
I didn't like any of his interviews even before the draft, and didn't want us to draft him. But the fact is he needs to be thrown into the fire and left. I think the kid will respond after taking his lumps. Brown is not the answer, we need to go with KJ hope he can mature for next year and also draft another corner. Brown is trash!

J12B

Reaction score

There was well known issues with his character so that's what makes this whiff extra bad.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
I remember Jerry talking up another guy from that draft, a DB Wright - whatever happened to him? They thought he may be something special too at one time.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
There was well known issues with his character so that's what makes this whiff extra bad.
Thats Jerry, we should be used to the by now. I know he wasn't a whiff in the end, but Gregory was another 2nd rounder with major character issues who barely was on the field for a few years. Jerry is a sucker for those guys with character issues whose stock drops because of them