Twitter: Bostic not expected to be suspended

dcstar

Reaction score
They'll be heavy fines with a few suspensions possible after the November 26th rematch. After being called out by everyone...there will be a few idiots who think they can reclaim their manhood by fighting. That game will get out of hand quickly.

Sad thing is...at that point its fruitless...time to stand up was after the hit.

Good news is...this will reignite the rivalry of old at least for a few years

Go Cowboys!

Sydla

Reaction score
How is that not a suspension? Dalton was giving himself up and Bostic launched his head/shoulder right into Dalton's head.

This is why the NFL has a credibility issue when they issue punishments. There is no consistency whatsoever. If that's not a suspension, nothing is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think that if a player is ejected for this type of play he should not be allowed to play for every game the injured player misses and he should not be paid. To me that was the type of hit that does deserve at least 1 game suspension.
I actually wouldn't be opposed to that.

It reminds me of a joke from the great Robin Harris. Something along the lines of a guy can steal my car and get out of jail before I get a new one lol.

It doesn't seem fair a guy can knock my guy out and play before he can. They'd never do that rule but it actually makes sense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
How is that not a suspension? Dalton was giving himself up and Bostic launched his head/shoulder right into Dalton's head.

This is why the NFL has a credibility issue when they issue punishments. There is no consistency whatsoever. If that's not a suspension, nothing is.
That's the NFL in general. No consistency. That's the whole Goodell era. Just none at all.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dalton looked like he didn't know where he was after that hit. Not sure how you can just claim that the guy won't be suspended.

Redline360

Reaction score
If the quarterback was Mahomes. Brady, or Rodgers he would have been suspended that night

Was a nasty hit. Should be sitting 2-3 games minimum without pay

starfan1

Reaction score
How on earth did they come to that conclusion that quick? Don’t guys get fined like a few days after a illegal hit? It hasn’t even been 24 hours.
Heir Godell hates the Cowboys was probably jumping up and down cheering along with SAS

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If the quarterback was Mahomes. Brady, or Rodgers he would have been suspended that night

Was a nasty hit. Should be sitting 2-3 games minimum without pay
You guys keep saying this but when's the last time you ever see a Mahomes or Brady or Rodgers even take a hit like that?

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Is it normal for the NFL to suspend people after his like that? I know Burfict was but he's done it many times. Was this his first offense? I think he should be suspended but if there's no precedent for it you can't claim the NFL hates the Cowboys.

blueblood70

Reaction score
if you are ejected for real offense not some tick tac targeting, a one game suspension and fine should be automatic..

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
If that hit would’ve happened to Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, Brees, and many others, that’s a 2-4 game suspension and bigger fine than what they’re about to hit him with.

BS.

Redline360

Reaction score
You guys keep saying this but when's the last time you ever see a Mahomes or Brady or Rodgers even take a hit like that?

Will never happen as every player in the league is scared of touching the untouchables

Look at Cam Newton. Man is a cte candidate and his career basically over due to the repeated late hits / dirty hits. Brady would be on crutches if he took the beating cam did

Cam was getting blown up with no flags while Brady was getting flags for just being in his general vicinity .

Just shows the nfl plays(all sports) favorites which is disgusting in professional sports.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Exactly

Creeper

Reaction score
Any suspension should match the length of time that Dalton is unavailable to play.

I like this. When Dalton returns Bostic can return. Seems like a fair way to punish players who make egregious hits on defenseless players.

I am not sure what the NFL has done in past instances of similar hits but I did not expect a further suspension regardless of what a cheap shot it was. I also lost a little respect for Ron Rivera yesterday when he sort of excused the hit on Dalton which could have injured him very seriously or even killed him.

Cmac

Reaction score
Roger and the league office has unveiled injustice that quick? If he'd lightly tapped Brady on the head, or any other QB.....Bostic would be in jail this morning.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I understand the emotion ("if this were another team's QB ..." yadda, yadda, yadda) but unless Bostic is a repeat offender for this kind of stuff, a la Burfict, he probably won't see a suspension beyond his game ejection. If Trysten Hill didn't get a suspension for his alligator roll, which many here defended, neither should Bostic. Y'all are talking about consistency, right? Even players who throw punches don't appear to get suspended regularly.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Will never happen as every player in the league is scared of touching the untouchables

Look at Cam Newton. Man is a cte candidate and his career basically over due to the repeated late hits / dirty hits. Brady would be on crutches if he took the beating cam did

Cam was getting blown up with no flags while Brady was getting flags for just being in his general vicinity .

Just shows the nfl plays(all sports) favorites which is disgusting in professional sports.
That I agree with. They seem to allow for the "mobile" guys to take a beating like no other.