Twitter: Bostic not expected to be suspended

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
That's not accurate. Look at the clip on ESPN.com. Not from the live TV side, but the slo-mo from the other side of the field. Bostic launches at him, turns his face away but his helmet is still leading and his helmet hits Dalton's clear right above the facemask. Then his shoulder carries through. The main camera angle makes it look like it was just the shoulder, but the view from the other side shows clear helmet contact by Bostic and he's clearly leading with his head. And at the end of the day, even it's just a straight shoulder shot, hitting a guy in the head like that is a no-no.

It's not about emotional. It's about being accurate. It was a cheap hit. Even Ron Rivera after game acknowledged it was a cheap shot and said he apologized to McCarthy after the game saying that's not how he wants his team to play.
He led and hit him with his shoulder. Dalton should have given himself up sooner, not at the defenders feet

Sydla

Reaction score
He led and hit him with his shoulder. Dalton should have given himself up sooner, not at the defenders feet

The clip from the other side shows helmet to helmet contact first.

EDIT: I keep watching that slo mo from other side, and I think I might be wrong. It looks, at first glance that Bostic's helmet hits Dalton's helmet but the more I watch, that might just be the camera angle making it look like the helmet hits first. But he's clearly not looking and it's a hit to the head. Rivera has it right when he said it was an uncalled for shot.

Last edited:

TheHerd

Reaction score
Of course not. Had that been Patrick Mahomes though, Bostic would’ve been suspended the rest of the season.

but since it’s only Andy Dalton, the Cowboy mind you, he’s not going to be suspended.
And had it been Brady, he'd be out forever. Hitting a Cowboy like that barely gets a nod.

Sydla

Reaction score
It looks like it but it wasnt. The side view shows you the moment of contact

I edited my post above. The more I watch the slo mo, you are right, it's probably the camera angle that makes it look like the helmet hits. Regardless it's a cheap hit as he's not even looking and crushes his head. Rivera has it right when he said Bostic was out of line.

Sydla

Reaction score
And it should be pointed out that someone linked to a similar hit by Kiko Alonso on Joe Flacco where Alonso buried his shoulder into Flacco's head when he was sliding. The NFL did not suspend Alonso. So in this case, the NFL might be consistent in how they handle these things, contrary to my claim earlier.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
And it should be pointed out that someone linked to a similar hit by Kiko Alonso on Joe Flacco where Alonso buried his shoulder into Flacco's head when he was sliding. The NFL did not suspend Alonso. So in this case, the NFL might be consistent in how they handle these things, contrary to my claim earlier.
And flacco did the same crap. Tried to slide at the last second.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
That's the point of the slide.

Exactly, when a QB does the baseball slide he is down right at the point of his knee hitting the ground, no need for any kind of physical contact or touch from an opponent. Much less getting your head decapitated. The LB saw him slide and felt he wanted to put some icing on it. Doesn't matter if its a helmet or shoulder, it was flagrant, intentional, and downright dangerous. Should have gotten at least 2 games suspension. This kind of act can end careers. Karma works both ways, lets see what happens to Bostic in the next week or so.

Mannix

Reaction score
but since it’s only Andy Dalton, the Cowboy mind you, he’s not going to be suspended.

Why would anyone be surprised....I told you yesterday that nothing would happen. This is where Jerry needs to say something and call out the goon and his goon squad in NY....what are they going to do to him that they already haven't done???

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Exactly, when a QB does the baseball slide he is down right at the point of his knee hitting the ground, no need for any kind of physical contact or touch from an opponent. Much less getting your head decapitated. The LB saw him slide and felt he wanted to put some icing on it. Doesn't matter if its a helmet or shoulder, it was flagrant, intentional, and downright dangerous. Should have gotten at least 2 games suspension. This kind of act can end careers. Karma works both ways, lets see what happens to Bostic in the next week or so.
Lol dalton's butt didn't even touch the ground yet when the lb made contact.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think as soon as the QB starts the slide, he's considered down, but I'm not 100%.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
He should have gotten 2 games at the least. If that was Brady or Pretty Boy he would have gotten 3 games before he could take off his jersey.

Mannix

Reaction score
Again, Jerry needs to say something...I do not think this is a situation where the national media will rip Jerry for doing so....after all, everyone hate the goon.