Twitter: Bostic not expected to be suspended

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this thread serious?? tell dalton to slide earlier next time. Same with romo if your qb can't slide properly these things happen
c43295cf-b123-4cba-861c-74a7f01a0541-gif.1021487

Sydla

Reaction score
Is this thread serious?? tell dalton to slide earlier next time. Same with romo if your qb can't slide properly these things happen

LOL. Dalton got speared in the head where the hit was so bad his helmet came off.

Are you guys really going to try to argue there was nothing wrong with the hit? LOL. I get that some of you don't like Dalton because of the whole stupid "Dalton is better than Dak" crap we endured from some fans, but to blame Dalton for the ferociousness and cheapness of that hit is kind of funny.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
LOL. Dalton got speared in the head where the hit was so bad his helmet came off.

Are you guys really going to try to argue there was nothing wrong with the hit? LOL. I get that some of you don't like Dalton because of the whole stupid "Dalton is better than Dak" crap we endured from some fans, but to blame Dalton for the ferociousness and cheapness of that hit is kind of funny.
Ferocious?? thats the adjective we are using for that hit. The guy didn't even lead with his head. Tell QBs to do a better job of protecting themselves and give themselves up earlier not at the feet of the defender. It's the same play every time and the defenders get paid to tackle ppl. They are moving too fast on the field and its 95% instincts at that speed. I'm not singling out Dalton I've been saying it for years about every qb that does that late slide crap

Sydla

Reaction score
Ferocious?? thats the adjective we are using for that hit. The guy didn't even lead with his head. Tell QBs to do a better job of protecting themselves and give themselves up earlier not at the feet of the defender. It's the same play every time and the defenders get paid to tackle ppl. They are moving too fast on the field and its 95% instincts at that speed. I'm not singling out Dalton I've been saying it for years about every qb that does that late slide crap

Huh. He absolutely led with his head. He's not even looking at Dalton and his head hits Dalton's helmet first. The clip from the other side of the field from the normal camera side shows Bostic not even looking at Dalton, his face is turned away, making his helmet the leading point and his helmet hits Dalton's helmet first. It's pretty clear from the one clip.

Last edited:

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Should be suspended at least 4 games w/o pay. Make that bonehead feel it in his wallet.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dalton literally starts his slide a yard in front of him. QBs need to give themselves up sooner. Sorry it needs to be said. Ive been saying it for years
Well, I think even Dalton gauged he had zero chance of making a first down.

He should have slid after running two yards when no tackler was within eight yards of him.

Safety first.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Huh. He absolutely led with his head. His he's not even looking at Dalton and his head hits Dalton's helmet first. The clip from the other side of the field from the normal camera side shows Bostic not even looking at Dalton, his face is turned away, making his helmet the leading point and his helmet hits Dalton's helmet first. It's pretty clear from the one clip.
He actually led with his shoulders and turned his head up and away from daltons head. You sound emotional

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Well, I think even Dalton gauged he had zero chance of making a first down.

He should have slid after running two yards when no tackler was within eight yards of him.

Safety first.
I'm all for a guy going for the first down but you have to run for it not slide last second.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
And all the cowboy players said “eh.”

they obviously didn’t care in the moment doubt they care now

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm all for a guy going for the first down but you have to run for it not slide last second.
There was no way he was making a first down on that run without getting tackled before reaching the marker. It is why Dalton slid short of it.

Sydla

Reaction score
He actually led with his shoulders and turned his head up and away from daltons head. You sound emotional

That's not accurate. Look at the clip on ESPN.com. Not from the live TV side, but the slo-mo from the other side of the field. Bostic launches at him, turns his face away but his helmet is still leading and his helmet hits Dalton's clear right above the facemask. Then his shoulder carries through. The main camera angle makes it look like it was just the shoulder, but the view from the other side shows clear helmet contact by Bostic and he's clearly leading with his head. And at the end of the day, even it's just a straight shoulder shot, hitting a guy in the head like that is a no-no.

It's not about emotional. It's about being accurate. It was a cheap hit. Even Ron Rivera after game acknowledged it was a cheap shot and said he apologized to McCarthy after the game saying that's not how he wants his team to play.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Huh. He absolutely led with his head. He's not even looking at Dalton and his head hits Dalton's helmet first. The clip from the other side of the field from the normal camera side shows Bostic not even looking at Dalton, his face is turned away, making his helmet the leading point and his helmet hits Dalton's helmet first. It's pretty clear from the one clip.

Looked to me like his shoulder was also used

Sydla

Reaction score
Looked to me like his shoulder was also used

Totally was. It carries through the full hit. But watch the slo-mo clip from the other side of the field. The first piece of Bostic that hits Dalton is the side of his helmet (because he led with his head but turned his face away). It hits Dalton's helmet right above the facemask.