Bottom line the FO doesn't want a 2-3 year rebuild

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I just finish looking at the opponents for next season. The home schedule (besides the NFC least), is on the brutal side.
I watched this video on youtube that was arguing that the Cowboys great home record the last two years was moreso because of easy opponents than any kind of homefield advantage. He went through all the games and their best wins were the Seahawks and Lions from this year. Besides that we played bad teams or Philly with a backup last year. Philly this year was in free fall when we played them the 2nd time.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Getting Vrabel or Harbaugh is what this team needs IMO to get over the hump. However given the play style is much different than the way the roster is currently constructed it would’ve taken a 2-3 year rebuild to get the roster the way they want it.

During that time you have to make a decision on Prescott, Lamb and Parsons and then probably Bland, Tyler Smith, etc.

I think Jerry saw a long term rebuild as cementing not winning a Super Bowl while he was alive. Whereas the chances the next 2 years probably aren’t great they definitely are higher than going from a finesse team to a 49ers/Ravens/Lions style in 1 year.

So the FO is trying to make a couple easy tweaks rather than rebuild this thing all the way
We have the players we don’t have them mentality, that comes with coaching. You can’t expect young players just to go out there and perform without it.

links18

Reaction score
They’ll let McCarthy go and then have to go with a hard rebuild. But Jerry is avoiding having to do that if at all possible.
He only has so many years left. Does he want to rebuild at 80 or 81? One year could make a difference at that age.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Yup, Jerry is going to run this thing right back into the Quincy Carter and Clint Stoner days. Several 5-12 seasons, here we come.

links18

Reaction score
This is like me replacing the brakes on a car with 250,000 miles. Yeah, I I proved it, but something else will break on it in short order.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If I'm Parsons I'm not playing hard anymore for this team. I want to get traded. If I do sign with Cowboys once I get my money I'm taking it easy like the all these other payed players are doing.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
If I'm Parsons I'm not playing hard anymore for this team. I want to get traded. If I do sign with Cowboys once I get my money I'm taking it easy like the all these other payed players are doing.
He only had 1.5 sacks the last 5 games, looks like he was already taking it easy

StylisticS

Reaction score
They think tweaking a couple things here and there will do just the thing. But after that fails in a humiliating fashion just like every season does, what else will they have to look forward to in 2025.

perrykemp

Reaction score
He only had 1.5 sacks the last 5 games, looks like he was already taking it easy
I don't think Parsons isn't taking it easy. Every season has gone this way... I think it's more that he is getting worn down as a 245 DE and every year, right around the same time, it catches up with him.

kskboys

Reaction score
It’s pretty disgusting what’s allowed to be posted on this board these days. People openly rooting for Dallas to lose and Jerry to die.

Reality, my man, what happened?
Jerry happened.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Jerry will never rebuild
Nope, too old at this point to even remotely consider it.

And bringing a whole new coaching staff is basically a rebuild in Jerry's eyes.

So he better bring in some offensive consultants to help Mike, and Dallas needs a top notch DC, and they need to start filling glaring holes (DTs, LBs, FS, and younger offensive linemen).

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Yup, Jerry is going to run this thing right back into the Quincy Carter and Clint Stoner days. Several 5-12 seasons, here we come.
Only if we ditch Dak and start Trey.

Hate to say it, since I think Dak's choking is part of the problem, but realistically, based on his regular season record and what we saw of Trey Lance in SF.

Trey is another Quincy Carter project (best case scenario) waiting to happen. More like a Chad Hutchinson project.

People think Dak does stupid %#*$# now, wait until they watch Trey Lance out there.

But if we traded for him, obviously the plan is that he will get a shot.

I would say draft a 1st round QB and have him ready to replace Lance when he stumbles, but then we lose that 1st rounder for an OT which is what I think they most need to draft.

JBS

Reaction score
No he doesn’t. You’d have to bring in a new offensive staff. That requires Dak to learn a new system.
Very good point. Unfortunately, the chances of us wining as is are 0. So unless Belichick has negative chances to win, his chances are better. I’ll take the greatest of all time instead.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Only if we ditch Dak and start Trey.

Hate to say it, since I think Dak's choking is part of the problem, but realistically, based on his regular season record and what we saw of Trey Lance in SF.

Trey is another Quincy Carter project (best case scenario) waiting to happen. More like a Chad Hutchinson project.

People think Dak does stupid %#*$# now, wait until they watch Trey Lance out there.

But if we traded for him, obviously the plan is that he will get a shot.

I would say draft a 1st round QB and have him ready to replace Lance when he stumbles, but then we lose that 1st rounder for an OT which is what I think they most need to draft.
This is a reasonable take. I agree but we all know how this Dak thing plays out every season. Trey is probably not the answer but I would definitely have him competing for the starting job next season.

If the Cowboys were smart, you tell Dak, that the starting job is up for grabs this up and coming training camp, and let the best man win.

True Dak fans would not mind because according to them, Dak is the most awesome QB to have ever played in the NFL and they would have nothing to worry about.

kskboys

Reaction score
We have the players we don’t have them mentality, that comes with coaching. You can’t expect young players just to go out there and perform without it.
We desperately need a DT, 2-3 LB's, 2 OL's, a FS, and a RB. How are you convinced that we have the players?