Bowman signs with Oakland

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Did the Cowboys have a fair shot at signing him?
"Fair"?

Money makes the rules. I don't think it would have taken more than a cursory conversation with his agent to figure out what his "fair" price was.

Simple fact of the matter is, they would have been first in line and made him feel wanted if they were all on board.

They were mildly interested and were content to be second in line and it has cost them a chance to improve this team.

Par for the course lately in terms of the free agent game.

But don't forget, Jerry Jones always gets his man.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
"Fair"?

Money makes the rules. I don't think it would have taken more than a cursory conversation with his agent to figure out what his "fair" price was.

Simple fact of the matter is, they would have been first in line and made him feel wanted if they were all on board.

They were mildly interested and were content to be second in line and it has cost them a chance to improve this team.

You're in fine form Alex. Bravo!

Alexander

Reaction score
I am eagerly awaiting Stephen Jones talking about how he is a great player and that they were interested, but then again how they like what they have at linebacker, all the while digging in his ear.

dwreck27

Reaction score
I love how people bring up how struggles in the passing game yet neglect how amazing he is in run support

Last years defense looked decent more so because they could at least hold their hitch to stopping the run but get drilled by the pass

This year we get drilled by the pass and ran over before our MLB gets a great stat stuffing tackle 7-8 yards down field.

haleyrules

Reaction score
"Fair"?

True. But, players have their own agendas also. Was he interested? Seems odd he never took a visit. This may not all be on the Cowboys. I am no Jerry fan...just curious to understand the details.

Alexander

Reaction score
True. But, players have their own agendas also. Was he interested? Seems odd he never took a visit. This may not all be on the Cowboys. I am no Jerry fan...just curious to understand the details.
If he was not "interested" he wouldn't have scheduled a visit with Dallas.

The question really is how much we "showed him the love". Does not seem like it. Made his decision rather easy.

And before someone says Dallas was just name dropping there by his agent to inflate his price, take a good look at what he signed for.

$3M. Roughly the cap hit that James Hanna will cost. $400K more than Benson Mayowa.

hairic

Reaction score
Hmm, only 3 mil. Wonder if he used vested veteran claim for his full SF salary.

Pants

Reaction score
whatevs....we weren't going to the SB with just him being added....good luck with you stay on the west coast....

...now, what needs to happen to get rid of two Coordinators and a HC?

Dwight

Reaction score
The defense needed Bowman badly.

Lee and Bowman would have played well together.

FO is disappointing me a lot lately.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if they would of had a decent offseason they wouldn't be scrambling to sign players now this team had a terrible offseason

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hitchens is the starting MLB, not Smith anymore.

Have we heard any updates on Lee? The most important thing for this defense is getting him back on the field. That will take care of a lot of our linebacker problems.

haleyrules

Reaction score
If he was not "interested" he wouldn't have scheduled a visit with Dallas.

The question really is how much we "showed him the love". Does not seem like it. Made his decision rather easy.
OK. Again, scheduling a visit can be a tactic to get the most out of his desired club. It doesn't mean too much, at least, on the surface.

Alexander

Reaction score
His agent used Dallas as leverage so he could move next door basically. I doubt he ever planned on getting out of Oakland.
What "leverage"? Explain how a cheap deal like that for an instant starter amounts to "leverage"?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gosh remember the days when we were a winning franchise and everybody wanted to play in Dallas
Either do I it was decades ago:facepalm: