Bowman signs with Oakland

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He wasn't interested in signing with the Cowboys.
Clearly. Why is it that every free agent should automatically sign with the Cowboys? Then when they don't, the Cowboys aren't serious about upgrading the roster, or Garrett sucks, or Jerry sucks, or any number of things. Here is a news flash, not every player in the NFL wants to be a Cowboy.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Don't think "love" had too much to do with it. He had personal reasons. 3 million isn't much in the "modern" NFL.
Oh, I'm sure if they would have offered him the min... that visit with Dallas would have happened.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Clearly. Why is it that every free agent should automatically sign with the Cowboys? Then when they don't, the Cowboys aren't serious about upgrading the roster, or Garrett sucks, or Jerry sucks, or any number of things. Here is a news flash, not every player in the NFL wants to be a Cowboy.

When is the last time a veteran free agent of true substance was signed here? It doesn't have to be "every" free agent, a quality. impact free agent or two would be nice.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that is the proper mental perspective to take, I certainly hope you also suggest nobody pine away for players we failed to draft also.

In other words, like it or leave. The team can do no wrong. And if they do, don't complain about it.
There's enough people like you to complain for the rest of us. Life's too short to cry about crap like this! Thank you for caring and *****ing for the rest of us.

Corso

Reaction score
There's enough people like you to complain for the rest of us. Life's too short to cry about crap like this! Thank you for caring and *****ing for the rest of us.
I need formal representation: someone to be my *****er. I have no time for such things to expend energy on, but I'd like someone to do it for me.
Applications can be sent to this persona.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
He didn't even make it to Dallas. I dont think this one falls on th FO.
Sure it does.

How about a personal phone call from his college teammate Sean Lee followed up by Jerry telling him not to sign until Dallas has made their case? If the Raiders wanted to overpay, then Jerry can easily say "no thanks but I appreciate the opportunity." We use to attack free agency and yes, mistakes were made. But this completely opposite strategy of bargain-bin signings is not the solution.

How often does a Pro Bowl caliber player come available during the season, especially at a position of need (you could argue that almost any defensive position is a position of need)? This year it was Joe Haden, TJ Ward, and Navarro Bowman. Haden and Bowman never made it out of their first visits, despite both knowing Dallas expressed some interest. Ward was never seriously considered despite this FO & coaching staff having up close access to how horrible Jeff Heath is. This defense needs major help and this FO either misjudged or ignored it.

Something is off. Not sure exactly what, but something if definitely off.

Corso

Reaction score
Life is also too short to care a lot about a football team and it's chances for success. Yet, here we are.
I'm not here to whine... As a matter of fact, if you applied to my new position, I won't ever have to worry about it again on here!
Hire you on the spot. You're great and you know I mean it.

The pay sucks, but the hours are garbage...

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I had a gut feeling he wouldn't sign with Dallas. It made no sense that he wasn't flown out here the day after his release, to negotiate, while we were on our bye. Oh well, it could turn out to be $3-4 million well saved, if the players we have, get their act together.
Saved for what? It’s a 1 year deal what are you saving money for? It has no implications on next years cap.

Reactions: CWR

stiletto

Reaction score
Would've been a nice signing for depth and solidifying the run D but what can you do if he doesn't even want to make a visit? Makes sense that he doesn't want to move his family, etc at this point of the season. Oh well...life goes on.

CWR

Reaction score
If only this was Madden and we can force players to sign with us...

Lol, if only. To be fair none of us know how hard we pushed but logic tells me if we really wanted him we could have at least got him to sit down with us. I dont think the offer from Oakland blew his doors off do you?