Signed by Cowboys Boys working deal with DE Benson Mayowa - *Signs Offer Sheet*

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A lot of Owens' teammates loved him too. That's besides the point. Players often don't know what's good for them and every last one of the front offices Owens played for determined he was an organizational cancer. Your attempts to lay that and Hardy's situation on Jason Garrett are just weak at best.

Not as weak as your 'cancer' case against Hardy with nothing but rumors and innuendo behind it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sean Lee has already come out and said Hardy was not a locker room distraction.

You should put that in caps because too many people have apparently repeatedly passed it by without seeing it.

Or maybe Sean Lee is a big fat liar too?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And he'll return to being a double-digit sack player, which covers all sins.

Frankly, if he had been that last year, whatever issues the team might have had with him would have been glossed over.

A while back, I posted some of the things Charles Haley did while he was with Dallas. Players didn't like it, but they accepted it because Haley helped them win.

And a strong coach dealt with it. Just like Parcells did with Lawrence Taylor. Strong coaches like Parcells and Johnson can, weak ones can't.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not as weak as your 'cancer' case against Hardy with nothing but rumors and innuendo behind it.

LOL. I have multiple front offices to point to as evidence and no FA interest in a current double digit sack DE on the market. You have nothing but a bitter fan rant on only one of the head coaches either player played for.

It's not tough to see who's being logical here.

rpntex

Reaction score
Then it's a conspiracy among both the Cowboys and Panthers.

Maybe this is a Terrell Owens thing where it's a league driven agenda on a poor hapless victim.

Ole Miss is also a part of the conspiracy...don't leave them out.

rpntex

Reaction score
Or all of these baseless, boogeyman, conspiracy theories about Hardy are, in fact, just that?

If that's the case, then it is a very wide-ranging conspiracy. His issues date all the way back to his college days at Mississippi. He's never been a sixth round talent, but there's a reason he lasted until the sixth round. Common sense dictates that everything we are reading and hearing about Hardy is accurate.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL. I have multiple front offices to point to as evidence and no FA interest in a current double digit sack DE on the market. You have nothing but a bitter fan rant on only one of the head coaches either player played for.

It's not tough to see who's being logical here.

Really? You'll apparently try to ignore the fact that the player's market was already terrible before he ever got here?

And then try to use it as some 'justification' now?

:laugh:

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
It's mildly telling that 32 teams don't seem to want anything to do with a starting-caliber defensive end.

Sure.

I was just correcting Risen's fantasy that no players or coaches wanted Hardy on the Panthers. That's categorically untrue.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that's the case, then it is a very wide-ranging conspiracy. His issues date all the way back to his college days at Mississippi. He's never been a sixth round talent, but there's a reason he lasted until the sixth round. Common sense dictates that everything we are reading and hearing about Hardy is accurate.

You're darn right they do, and nobody's denying it. But if those issues were so severe, why did this team ever sign him in the first place?

They were either:

A) Uninformed because they failed to do their homework

Or

B) Willing to lower their perceived standards for a pain in the butt because they thought he could be a means to an end

I'll let you decide which one.

Hardy is what he is and nobody is claiming him to be a saint or a choirboy, but he wasn't before he got here either and it's nothing new. It was a marriage of convenience last year, and it would be again. Two sides with few if any other options.

rpntex

Reaction score
There's no doubt in my mind that all the issues being reported about Hardy are in fact, accurate. His history going all the way back to college leads believe that this is not something that's just been trumped up by the Dallas front office. That being said, it's also very obvious to me that Garrett and company didn't handle it well during the season. For whatever reason, they chose to ride out the storm and look the other way, rather than deal with it as it happened. I don't like it would've made a difference had they dealt with it. Hardy is who Hardy is, and you're not going to change him now.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
There's no doubt in my mind that all the issues being reported about Hardy are in fact, accurate. His history going all the way back to college leads believe that this is not something that's just been trumped up by the Dallas front office. That being said, it's also very obvious to me that Garrett and company didn't handle it well during the season. For whatever reason, they chose to ride out the storm and look the other way, rather than deal with it as it happened. I don't like it would've made a difference had they dealt with it. Hardy is who Hardy is, and you're not going to change him now.

I would imagine after having to deal with a nut-job like Jeremiah "Don't Call Me Jay" Ratliff, even Jerry is averse to re-signing the unpredictable Hardy. It would be like poking the hornet next with a stick and wincing in advance for what is about to occur.

John813

Reaction score
You're darn right they do, and nobody's denying it. But if those issues were so severe, why did this team ever sign him in the first place?

Or

B) Willing to lower their perceived standards for a pain in the butt because they thought he could be a means to an end

I'll let you decide which one.

Hardy is what he is and nobody is claiming him to be a saint or a choirboy, but he wasn't before he got here either and it's nothing new. It was a marriage of convenience last year, and it would be again. Two sides with few if any other options.

It's clearly B. We thought we were a passrusher away from beating Green Bay to head on to NFC CG then SB

Hardy had luggage, but had the talent to dominate at the 3tech/DE heading into last offseason. Was the #1 DE on the market, but the DV incident knocked him down 31 steps. IMO the FO, along with the fans, were convinced that a guy of his caliber could be the difference maker to going farther in the playoffs. Didn't work out as planned.

Last year he flashed early on but didn't end the season on a high note.

It's reasonable to speculate, at this time, that either the Cowboys weren't impressed last year, and the scales for the public outcry > his play, or he was a distraction.

Or it could just be the team wants him back at a reduced cost, and right now both sides are waiting for the other one to blink.

Hardy did himself no favors early on with the PR, either.

John813

Reaction score
Why is it that I click on to the Benson Mayowa thread and end up in a Greg Hardy thread instead?:huh:

Heh, my bad if I continued it, have quite a few tabs open so I thought I had opened a Hardy thread.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's clearly B. We thought we were a passrusher away from beating Green Bay to head on to NFC CG then SB

Hardy had luggage, but had the talent to dominate at the 3tech/DE heading into last offseason. Was the #1 DE on the market, but the DV incident knocked him down 31 steps. IMO the FO, along with the fans, were convinced that a guy of his caliber could be the difference maker to going farther in the playoffs. Didn't work out as planned.

Last year he flashed early on but didn't end the season on a high note.

It's reasonable to speculate, at this time, that either the Cowboys weren't impressed last year, and the scales for the public outcry > his play, or he was a distraction.

Or it could just be the team wants him back at a reduced cost, and right now both sides are waiting for the other one to blink.

Hardy did himself no favors early on with the PR, either.

No doubt. And while I am for bringing the guy back - again out of necessity like last year - I also wish that he'd been smarter and better appreciated the second chance he was getting in Dallas. He had a golden opportunity and failed to capitalize on it, both in and off the field. If he has, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

And if there was credible evidence that he was a true problem, team cancer, or more detriment than a help? I wouldn't be trying to make a case to bring him back.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is it that I click on to the Benson Mayowa thread and end up in a Greg Hardy thread instead?:huh:

Because one topic is much more interesting - and impactful - than the other. Consider it a public service!
:laugh:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
So I guess Benson Mayowa rumors is all we have to look forward to these days.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And a strong coach dealt with it. Just like Parcells did with Lawrence Taylor. Strong coaches like Parcells and Johnson can, weak ones can't.

Yes, but it was a different set of circumstances. Haley's first year was all rainbows and sunshine for Dallas. He was one of the catalysts that pushed us over the top. If he had acted the way he did during a 4-12 season, I don't know if Johnson would have kept him.

Hardy's set of circumstances needed a season where he helped propel Dallas toward a Super Bowl. (Even making the NFC title game would have probably been acceptable.) Bad seasons magnify bad perceptions.

I think it's an easy out to say Garrett doesn't want Hardy because he's a weak coach because there are obviously a whole lot of coaches who don't want Hardy right now and certainly didn't last year.