Signed by Cowboys Boys working deal with DE Benson Mayowa - *Signs Offer Sheet*

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Owens openly feuding with Jeff Garcia in SF was him acting right? His reputation was already forming before he trashed McNabb.

I'm saying when Owens left San Francisco for Philadelphia he was on his best behavior for a while. When he left the Eagles for the Cowboys it was the same thing. This isn't the case with Hardy. He had his year to prove himself a changed man and he didn't. So that is why there is no interest in him right now and not because of the horror that is the stinging criticism of the media and this PC society. Had he acted right he'd already be off the market with a multi-year deal.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He'll sign somewhere, but a player of his caliber shouldn't be sitting there with no active discussions going on.

Yeah he'll eventually sign a very low ball, incentive laden short term deal somewhere. He's a double digit sack talent and teams can't help themselves.

silver

Reaction score
I think so, too. Not saying he's right or wrong there, but I do think he's basically not the kind of force in the locker room that we were looking for.

Which is a real shame, because we're desperately thin at DE.

Jason is understimating his leaders to deal with a strong personality like Hardy. We have enough big uglies to set the tone in case he acts up IMO.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm saying when Owens left San Francisco for Philadelphia he was on his best behavior for a while. When he left the Eagles for the Cowboys it was the same thing. This isn't the case with Hardy. He had his year to prove himself a changed man and he didn't. So that is why there is no interest in him right now and not because of the horror that is the stinging criticism of the media and this PC society. Had he acted right he'd already be off the market with a multi-year deal.

I agree. If he would have been the perfect team player, then the Cowboys probably would have offered him a megadeal (considering his age) and would now by justifying it by saying that his year off is the only reason he didn't have more sacks.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
I just don't get all the Chris Long love in here. The guy's had a whopping 4 sacks in his last 18 games. His dad he is not.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I think Garrett has control over who starts and who doesn't.

The 53? Different story.

Unfortunately that is pure speculation, I wish it wasn't so. Jerry has a long history of overriding coaches. Read "Boys Will Be Boys: The Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys Dynasty".

gimmesix

Reaction score
Yeah he'll eventually sign a very low ball, incentive laden short term deal somewhere. He's a double digit sack talent and teams can't help themselves.

And he'll return to being a double-digit sack player, which covers all sins.

Frankly, if he had been that last year, whatever issues the team might have had with him would have been glossed over.

A while back, I posted some of the things Charles Haley did while he was with Dallas. Players didn't like it, but they accepted it because Haley helped them win.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's been pretty widely reported that he was persistently late to meetings, difficult for other players to get along with, and generally just demented and strange.

Persistently, was researched by one person that I know of, Mike Fisher, and turned out to be two confirmed times. I haven't seen anyone else put any sort of work into finding out.

Notice that not a single player has spoken on his behalf to be brought back.

I saw Dez Bryant send him messages of support.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Not that much different from the Ray Rice situation. While Hardy can still play at a higher level than Rice, there is a political element to signing a player with publicized domestic issues these days.

Most teams will not want to assume the disruption of the PR hurricane.

Dallas has already ridden through that storm last year. A new team would have to explain themselves and endure the mud slinging starting over.

Maybe we're waiting out the market on purpose? We weathered the bad pub last year so there won't be as much this year, but it also makes it look like this is a move Dallas has to make because of not being able to sign other FA DEs.

I don't think that's the reason. I think they either don't want him or only want him for a bargain.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Maybe we're waiting out the market on purpose? We weathered the bad pub last year so there won't be as much this year, but it also makes it look like this is a move Dallas has to make because of not being able to sign other FA DEs.

I don't think that's the reason. I think they either don't want him or only want him for a bargain.

Who knows. Jones has been a little coy, while Garrett has been cold as ice.

Eventually there will be a showdown about it and the outcome is never going to be good since it will probably end up in the coach getting a player on his roster he doesn't want.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Who knows. Jones has been a little coy, while Garrett has been cold as ice.

Eventually there will be a showdown about it and the outcome is never going to be good since it will probably end up in the coach getting a player on his roster he doesn't want.

Wouldn't be the first time, and I'm not just talking about in Dallas. Bill Parcells always complained about not being able to "buy the groceries."

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then it's a conspiracy among both the Cowboys and Panthers.

The Panthers players have often supported him and several said they'd love yo have him back as a teammate.

Maybe this is a Terrell Owens thing where it's a league driven agenda on a poor hapless victim.

Maybe it is. Maybe it's another talented pain in the butt, high-maintenance player that meek, mild-mannered, conflict-averse Jason Garrett can't handle, just like Owens.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Panthers players have often supported him and several said they'd love yo have him back as a teammate.

Maybe it is. Maybe it's another talented pain in the butt, high-maintenance player that meek, mild-mannered, conflict-averse Jason Garrett can't handle, just like Owens.

A lot of Owens' teammates loved him too. That's besides the point. Players often don't know what's good for them and every last one of the front offices Owens played for determined he was an organizational cancer. Your attempts to lay that and Hardy's situation on Jason Garrett are just weak at best.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's just class being shown by the coaches. What's the point of bad-mouthing a guy when he's gone (especially when the dude has a vault of semi-automatic weaponry and an iffy disposition).

I see 32 teams saying "not a chance". He's too good of a player for that.

The point of doing it would be so that a player who actually did the things he's being accused of paid for them.

If the stuff were true, it shouldn't be innuendo hiding in the shadows, it should be front page stuff, telling everyone in the league and everyone in the world how truly terrible Greg Hardy is. It should be out there for everyone to see so that he never works in the NFL again.

But it isn't.