Signed by Cowboys Boys working deal with DE Benson Mayowa - *Signs Offer Sheet*

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's been pretty widely reported that he was persistently late to meetings, difficult for other players to get along with, and generally just demented and strange.

Notice that not a single player has spoken on his behalf to be brought back.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/01/dez-bryant-greg-hardy-true-beast/

He's had some support. Coaches, too, have said primarily complimentary things about him. It's just they don't seem to actually want him back.

I think he's probably a goner, but you never know.

erod

Reaction score
Panthers players almost to a man wanted him back. I think the coaches wanted him back as well. It was owner mandated due to the assault case that they cut Hardy loose.

You're writing your own narrative with Hardy's departure from the Panthers when you lump his likely departure from the Cowboys in together.

But...that's nothing new for you.

It's mildly telling that 32 teams don't seem to want anything to do with a starting-caliber defensive end.

Plankton

Reaction score
You're a Cowboys fan to the tune of spending time every day on an internet Cowboys fan forum and you have to ask why the coach didn't release him if he was a cancer?

I know the reason why. Just stating the obvious as far as what the standing issue would be.

erod

Reaction score
http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/01/dez-bryant-greg-hardy-true-beast/

He's had some support. Coaches, too, have said primarily complimentary things about him. It's just they don't seem to actually want him back.

I think he's probably a goner, but you never know.

That's just class being shown by the coaches. What's the point of bad-mouthing a guy when he's gone (especially when the dude has a vault of semi-automatic weaponry and an iffy disposition).

I see 32 teams saying "not a chance". He's too good of a player for that.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It's mildly telling that 32 teams don't seem to want anything to do with a starting-caliber defensive end.

Not that much different from the Ray Rice situation. While Hardy can still play at a higher level than Rice, there is a political element to signing a player with publicized domestic issues these days.

Most teams will not want to assume the disruption of the PR hurricane.

Dallas has already ridden through that storm last year. A new team would have to explain themselves and endure the mud slinging starting over.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know the reason why. Just stating the obvious as far as what the standing issue would be.

Well if you know the reason why then you can't wonder why he wasn't released during the season. Our head coach doesn't make those kinds of decisions.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, what a huge media storm that was when the Cowboys signed Hardy. It's good that we managed to get through that.

He's not drawing any interest because he's a cancer. Not because of the stinging criticism from the irrelevant media and PC crowd.

Alexander

Reaction score
Yeah, what a huge media storm that was when the Cowboys signed Hardy. It's good that we managed to get through that.

He's not drawing any interest because he's a cancer. Not because of the stinging criticism from the irrelevant media and PC crowd.

A cancer, you mean like Terrell Owens? He seemed to be able to find work several times after both Philadelphia and later Dallas dumped him.

The DV thing weighs heavily into it as well, don't kid yourself.

Plankton

Reaction score
Well if you know the reason why then you can't wonder why he wasn't released during the season. Our head coach doesn't make those kinds of decisions.

Bigger question is why wasn't he benched? He continued to start every game.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A cancer, you mean like Terrell Owens? He seemed to be able to find work several times after both Philadelphia and later Dallas dumped him.

The DV thing weighs heavily into it as well, don't kid yourself.

Terrell Owens didn't do these kinds of things when he first arrived to his 2nd chance. Had Hardy acted right last year he'd be signed already. He'd have chose between several teams offering multi year deals.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bigger question is why wasn't he benched? He continued to start every game.

For the same reason why he wasn't released. Ask Coach Jones.

It's like we're performing the autopsy on the Dallas Cowboys right now.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's just class being shown by the coaches. What's the point of bad-mouthing a guy when he's gone (especially when the dude has a vault of semi-automatic weaponry and an iffy disposition).

I see 32 teams saying "not a chance". He's too good of a player for that.

No way of knowing if it's class, if they meant it, or what. I suspect the meant it, because if you look at Jason's quote, he only praises Hardy on the field and on game day and specifically ignores the off the field stuff.

Greg Hardy's too good a player to be unemployed. It's more likely he wants a big deal some security, and we're just not in the part of FA where the numbers have come down enough. Some few teams will have interest in him, like they did last year, and he'll sign eventually.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I think the main guy who doesnt want him back is Jason.

I think so, too. Not saying he's right or wrong there, but I do think he's basically not the kind of force in the locker room that we were looking for.

Which is a real shame, because we're desperately thin at DE.

erod

Reaction score
No way of knowing if it's class, if they meant it, or what. I suspect the meant it, because if you look at Jason's quote, he only praises Hardy on the field and on game day and specifically ignores the off the field stuff.

Greg Hardy's too good a player to be unemployed. It's more likely he wants a big deal some security, and we're just not in the part of FA where the numbers have come down enough. Some few teams will have interest in him, like they did last year, and he'll sign eventually.

He'll sign somewhere, but a player of his caliber shouldn't be sitting there with no active discussions going on.

Alexander

Reaction score
Terrell Owens didn't do these kinds of things when he first arrived to his 2nd chance. Had Hardy acted right last year he'd be signed already. He'd have chose between several teams offering multi year deals.

So Owens openly feuding with Jeff Garcia in SF was him acting right? His reputation was already forming before he trashed McNabb.

Plankton

Reaction score
For the same reason why he wasn't released. Ask Coach Jones.

It's like we're performing the autopsy on the Dallas Cowboys right now.

I think Garrett has control over who starts and who doesn't.

The 53? Different story.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He'll sign somewhere, but a player of his caliber shouldn't be sitting there with no active discussions going on.

No way of knowing what calls he and his agent have fielded. He is what he is: very talented, very expensive, and a pain in the *** to have on your roster. There'll be a fit somewhere, but it was probably not realistic to expect it to happen the first week or two of the market.