Signed by Cowboys Boys working deal with DE Benson Mayowa - *Signs Offer Sheet*

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Preseason? Now we just need to team him up with Minter.

Kidding, kinda. He did hold his own in a rookie debut against the Broncos though when he played in Seattle. He did impress Avril and some other guys with his competitiveness.

As much as I'd have liked Mario or Ayers, I'm okay with this signing. It's obviously for depth with hope for more. He's young and shown potential so who knows.

Honestly, you can probably line him up at SLB too. He ran a 4.63 at a regional combine. If Randy can stop pulling his best Cheech and Chong impression then Benson could contribute at SLB too.

For the record, I'm not advocating for the guy. I do want a DE added, but this guys an expensive question mark.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Stephen: Well, we gave it our best shot but there's no way the Raiders are letting go of this kind of talent.

Not sure why you get him to agree to a deal you expect the other team to match. Either offer him a deal you don't expect them to match or don't offer him anything.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

I hope they do.

Stephen: Well, we gave it our best shot but there's no way the Raiders are letting go of this kind of talent.

This is more of the "hey, were are tryin' ar' darndest" attitude we seem to have lately.

I just don't know.

They do not appear very sure of themselves. Like they are fighting something.

Either the urge to spend or the urge to be completely sad cheap like in the 2014 offseason.

I feel lucky we got Thornton to be honest.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not sure why you get him to agree to a deal you expect the other team to match. Either offer him a deal you don't expect them to match or don't offer him anything.

The ball is in the Raider's court...but there was a volley.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Seems to be in direct contrast to all of the other financial choices we have made.

Yup....doesn't make any sense.

Last week it was.....Let's be sensable about spending money......

Now you get....let's over spend on a undrafted restricted free agent...

You just can't make this stuff up. @ 3 million a year....That's almost starter money.

And I'll tell you who's gonna be ticked.....Zach Martin and Frederick

Martin cap # $2,445,763
Frederick cap# $2,185,918

http://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys/

Someone has some explaining to do......:rolleyes:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope they do.

This is more of the "hey, were are tryin' ar' darndest" attitude we seem to have lately.

I just don't know.

They do not appear very sure of themselves. Like they are fighting something.

Either the urge to spend or the urge to be completely sad cheap like in the 2014 offseason.

I feel lucky we got Thornton to be honest.

You have to know when to spend and they got the feel for it.

When a guy like Chris Long is there, you low ball him to the tune of him taking a 1 year 2 million dollar deal in New England. But when a Benson Mayowa is available you open up that wallet.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
So, I don't feel like going through 20+ pages, so can someone tell me, why a guy with just 1 sack in each of the last two seasons is worth roughly 3 million? And if he is, why the Raiders, with infinite cap space won't match?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You sign him for as much as you're willing to go and see if it's enough. I don't think the answer here is to pay even more for this player.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, I don't feel like going through 20+ pages, so can someone tell me, why a guy with just 1 sack in each of the last two seasons is worth roughly 3 million? And if he is, why the Raiders, with infinite cap space won't match?

Did you see those sacks?

Alexander

Reaction score

The Raiders have the space.

They can match this and not even blink.

This is a different game of chicken in restricted free agency.

Usually the goal is to find talent on a cap strapped team and then force their hand.

You know. Like how New England forced Buffalo to part with Chris Hogan.

They had no cap room and the Patriots could attack the contract from that perspective.

Us?

Well, we take a team that is comfortably cap rich, and then decide to hurl rocks with a sling at the goliath.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Raiders are going to match that? isnt he like 5th on their depth chart?

He'd be the same here more than likely. The Raiders will match if they think he has a future. The Raiders naturally know more about his potential than anyone else.

Alexander

Reaction score
You have to know when to spend and they got the feel for it.

When a guy like Chris Long is there, you low ball him to the tune of him taking a 1 year 2 million dollar deal in New England. But when a Benson Mayowa is available you open up that wallet.

Well, Mayowa has a hell of a SPARQ rating.

Alexander

Reaction score

I really really hope they match.

If they don't, that means this guy is pointing and laughing at us: