Signed by Cowboys Boys working deal with DE Benson Mayowa - *Signs Offer Sheet*

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which means fans should be able to say they aren't happy or are happy with a signing, trade, or draft pick without being told they are wrong and ushered into another room.

I'd disagree with the depiction that what people are doing is 'saying they aren't happy'. And with the notion that people who do that are getting ushered into other rooms. There's plenty of that sort of stuff going on in every single thread.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

L9wnNPb.gif

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Man, it feels good to finally make a free agent splash.

We're back.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Some here on this very site told me just yesterday that this guy was "camp fodder".... So much splash for fodder. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

gmoney112

Reaction score

Preseason? Now we just need to team him up with Minter.

Kidding, kinda. He did hold his own in a rookie debut against the Broncos though when he played in Seattle. He did impress Avril and some other guys with his competitiveness.

As much as I'd have liked Mario or Ayers, I'm okay with this signing. It's obviously for depth with hope for more. He's young and shown potential so who knows.

Honestly, you can probably line him up at SLB too. He ran a 4.63 at a regional combine. If Randy can stop pulling his best Cheech and Chong impression then Benson could contribute at SLB too.

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Raiders gave restricted free agent Benson Mayowa an original round contract tender. That might not be enough to keep the defensive end in Oakland.

The fourth-year veteran was in Dallas on Friday and signed an offer sheet with the Cowboys. Terms of the offer sheet were not immediate disclosed.

The Raiders have five days to match the Cowboys offer and keep Mayowa. If they decline, the Raiders won’t receive compensation for his departure. Mayowa was an undrafted free agent, originally signed by Seattle, meaning the $1.671 million original-round contract tender only provided the chance to match any offer. The Raiders gave a $2.553 million second-round tender to restricted free agents Matt McGloin and Neiko Thorpe...

raiders-rfa-mayowa-signs-offer-sheet-cowboys

conner01

Reaction score
His former teammates sure thought he could play so maybe he can be a solid contributor

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Whoever pushed for him in the pro personnel department better keep his bags packed just in case.

I like this kind of signing. You let another team develop a player until his potential begins to get realized and then try to grab him.

It only works, though, if you have other options on the roster in case he's hit his ceiling. As a replacement for a Jack Crawford roster spot, I don't mind this at all.