Signed by Cowboys Boys working deal with DE Benson Mayowa - *Signs Offer Sheet*

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude, if the two of us were to sit down over beers, after we were done with the obligatory *****-slapping that would have to happen, you'd probably be surprised at the negativity that comes out of my mouth re: your beloved Cowboys. There's a dark, dark pit of loathing there that I just never let anybody online see.

You had me at "sit down over beers"...

:grin:

Qbert

Reaction score
The raiders have lots of cap room, they'll just match the offer

Plankton

Reaction score

Isn't he a little old?

benson.jpg

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I liked this guy coming out of the draft, went to Seattle had a preseason where he had 4.5 sacks or more went to the Raiders and that's the last thing I heard should be like a 2-3 year deal for 3 mil though shouldn't be over 10-12

Shouldn't be over 1-12? Bugger me sideways, it better not be more than the damn tender

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It's really what you should have expected. This is what we do these days in FA. Fill gaps, add aging vets at the end of the signing period, and prepare for the draft.

That's all well and good IF your drafts are consistently good. Or at least had a good 3-4 year run of good deep draft classes. Unfortunately.........

Plankton

Reaction score
Dude, if the two of us were to sit down over beers, after we were done with the obligatory *****-slapping that would have to happen, you'd probably be surprised at the negativity that comes out of my mouth re: your beloved Cowboys. There's a dark, dark pit of loathing there that I just never let anybody online see.

a79587336732556e8041bad6fda7016d972315375b2a0c735d3f97946d949daa.jpg

Cowboys22

Reaction score
They will just match the offer because there's no way Dallas is offering very much.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's all well and good IF your drafts are consistently good. Or at least had a good 3-4 year run of good deep draft classes. Unfortunately.........

They way I look at that is, we're screwed either way if we can't draft well. So that's where the organization needs to be building competence. Oh yeah, and there's a drunken wildcatter breaking any ties.

I think our drafting has been above-average lately. But we've got a ways to go, yet. We do a good job early, and in CFA. hitting on the mid-to-late round picks needs to get better. But it's one reason I like the stripped down defensive scheme that focusses on technique, and the focus on SPARQ scoring in the draft. Find good athletes, put them in a simple system, and perfect the technique, and be patient. As recipes go, it's not a bad one.