News: BR: Cowboys News: Jerry Jones Gives Injury Updates on DeMarcus Lawrence, Tyron Smith

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys News: Jerry Jones Gives Injury Updates on DeMarcus Lawrence, Tyron Smith

hi-res-0863d33b720fd1da9ba4ef23e00a0cae_crop_exact.jpg

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said Tuesday left tackle Tyron Smith was held out of Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons with a neck injury as part of "preparations for the future...

Read Full Story

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If defense can’t touch Russell, we’re gonna have to control TOP and keep him off the field. No other options if we want to win this game.
Thing is offense is in no position to try and control the clock. They gotta get their scores however which way they can. Defense just gotta nut up this game.......I'm not saying shut them down but get off the field on 3rd down and get a turnover or two.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I like Tyron but that unit gets paid too much for what it produces...meanwhile other teams got better lines with less resources in it.
Looney has actually stepped up and has been playing good ball connor williams is a trainnwreck. Its not his fault though the kid was built to be a tackle and they try to put a square peg in a round hole at guard

Tussinman

Reaction score
2 players currently overpaid
Even with injuries Tyron isn't overpaid. He's the 17th highest paid player at tackle.......

Overpaid at tackle is Tunsil who in 2019 missed 2 games, 3 sacks allowed and 18 penalties is still making almost 2x as much as Smith or Nate solder being statistically one of the top five worst tackles in football cashing a 15.5 million a year check and then sitting out

Tyron isn't even close to being overpaid. Williams being a top 50 pick, Frederick getting paid but not playing, and La'el getting high dollar but can't even come to camp in shape are all worse just on the offensive line alone......

Last edited:

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
Anyone catch what Jerry said. He thinks DLaw is sound, physically.....is he hinting that Laws mind isnt right currently??

irishline

Reaction score

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course he does and McCarthy is out on Booger's boat singing "I am the captain, the mighty mighty captain, I drive the boat and try to keep it afloat for I am the captain, mighty mighty captain".

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I dream of the day when people no longer look at the "cap hit" for a given year without checking to see if the can has been kicked down the road. There is a big difference between having a low cap hit and having a team friendly contract. His cap hit for the next 3 years after this one is around 15 million per year. Based on how quickly his body is breaking down we will probably be cutting him and eating some dead money sooner than later. Unless of course he gets the Crawford treatment which is entirely possible.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I dream of the day when people no longer look at the "cap hit" for a given year without checking to see if the can has been kicked down the road
still doesn't matter in this case. Average per year on his deal is 17th for tackle and 23rd for overall lineman with 5 new offensive lineman projected to surpass his deal this coming off-season

MyFairLady

Reaction score
still doesn't matter in this case. Average per year on his deal is 17th for tackle and 23rd for overall lineman.
His deal is not terrible because he signed such a crazy long deal. If he were still healthy and a dominant player it would be an amazing deal. He is never healthy so it is a so so deal. His health will continue to decline until it becomes a bad deal. Are you really excited about the notion of him being our LT for 2021, 2022 and 2023 at a base salary of 11 million per year and an additional 4 million in cap hit for pro rated signing bonus? We need to be finding his replacement and fast.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

phildadon86

Reaction score
Looney has actually stepped up and has been playing good ball connor williams is a trainnwreck. Its not his fault though the kid was built to be a tackle and they try to put a square peg in a round hole at guard
At this point I want to see McGovern and Biadasz on the line. Looney has been serviceable at best but I have seen A LOT of pressure up the middle and the left side. Mind you. We have also played against Jarrett and Donald. I want to see what these guys have because I love the school Biadasz is from and McGovern is a strong dude. May as well see what we got.

Tussinman

Reaction score
His deal is not terrible because he signed such a crazy long deal. If he were still healthy and a dominant player it would be an amazing deal. He is never healthy so it is a so so deal
lol at this narrative.

We've had a first team all decade left tackle for 10 seasons make less than 90 million

Lol at this is a so-so deal, you have to be joking ??

Tyron could have easily left after the 2015 season and from 2016 to 2020 made more in those five years via free agency than his entire combined 10-year career here......

Lmao at "so-so". The narrative should be cowboys wasted a golden deal, put the blame on the organization not him the opportunity was there

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I am speaking in terms of now. He hardly ever plays and when he does he is not the dominant force he was. That makes his deal, as of right now, a so so deal. I am not talking about the entire life of his deal. I am talking about now. But I think you knew that. You know who you sound like. You sound like Jerry. This is the logic that he uses when evaluating players and player contracts. It is terrible logic if your goal is to win games. It is great logic if your goal is to make friends for life.