News: BR: Cowboys News: Jerry Jones Gives Injury Updates on DeMarcus Lawrence, Tyron Smith

Tussinman

Reaction score
I am speaking in terms of now. He hardly ever plays and when he does he is not the dominant force he was. That makes his deal, as of right now, a so so deal. I am not talking about the entire life of his deal. I am talking about now. But I think you knew that. You know who you sound like. You sound like Jerry. This is the logic that he uses when evaluating players and player contracts. It is terrible logic if your goal is to win games. It is great logic if your goal is to make friends for life.
Once again lol at this narrative

How do I sound like Jerry when I literally just said that the organization handled this deal and his career poorly .... (Yeah good luck finding audio of Jerry saying that)

Hardly ever plays ? He literally played more games than two of the tackles that made the pro bowl last year..... (Lol)

We get it this isn't 2016 Tyron but his deal is still good considering he's a top three LT in the conference and his deal was and still is very cost effective

Last edited:

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I hope these two guys can make it through next season. They really aren’t candidates to be released until 2022.

Nexx

Reaction score
Thing is offense is in no position to try and control the clock. They gotta get their scores however which way they can. Defense just gotta nut up this game.......I'm not saying shut them down but get off the field on 3rd down and get a turnover or two.
100% agreed, we have the firepower to go toe to toe with other top offenses. We have three top shelf WR's, lets use them to their full potential and help it loosen up the run game at the same time. Give Zeke some space to work with so he can hit the big runs again.

aria

Reaction score
Even with injuries Tyron isn't overpaid. He's the 17th highest paid player at tackle.......

Overpaid at tackle is Tunsil who in 2019 missed 2 games, 3 sacks allowed and 18 penalties is still making almost 2x as much as Smith or Nate solder being statistically one of the top five worst tackles in football cashing a 15.5 million a year check and then sitting out

Tyron isn't even close to being overpaid. Williams being a top 50 pick, Frederick getting paid but not playing, and La'el getting high dollar but can't even come to camp in shape are all worse just on the offensive line alone......
He opted out this year but Nate Solder was probably the most overpaid LT and overall lineman in the league.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I like Tyron but that unit gets paid too much for what it produces...meanwhile other teams got better lines with less resources in it.

You mean Tyron the first-ballot Hall-of-Famer who is still one of the top-3 OTs in the league that took a team-friendly deal AND has restructured it every time the team has approached him?

It's the team's fault for not addressing depth, but Tyron has acquiesced to the Cowboys FO at every opportunity and when healthy remains an absolutely dominant OT. The number of baseless comments about his play and contract just highlights how absolutely clueless some fans are.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
100% agreed, we have the firepower to go toe to toe with other top offenses. We have three top shelf WR's, lets use them to their full potential and help it loosen up the run game at the same time. Give Zeke some space to work with so he can hit the big runs again.
Yeah I'm definitely for allowing the pass to open up the run. Some people are scared of that approach but it can be beneficial for this run game to take that approach.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I am speaking in terms of now. He hardly ever plays and when he does he is not the dominant force he was. That makes his deal, as of right now, a so so deal. I am not talking about the entire life of his deal. I am talking about now. But I think you knew that. You know who you sound like. You sound like Jerry. This is the logic that he uses when evaluating players and player contracts. It is terrible logic if your goal is to win games. It is great logic if your goal is to make friends for life.

He "hardly ever plays"? You mean, other than the 13 games he's played each of the last four seasons and the 16 games he played each of the three seasons before that? That's "hardly ever"?

People should be banned for posting things this stupid.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You mean Tyron the first-ballot Hall-of-Famer who is still one of the top-3 OTs in the league that took a team-friendly deal AND has restructured it every time the team has approached him?

It's the team's fault for not addressing depth, but Tyron has acquiesced to the Cowboys FO at every opportunity and when healthy remains an absolutely dominant OT. The number of baseless comments about his play and contract just highlights how absolutely clueless some fans are.
I never once SAID anything about getting rid of him or about his "play". My comment was about the offensive line asa unit and we have too many resources put into it to get the production we are getting from it.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I never once SAID anything about getting rid of him or about his "play". My comment was about the offensive line asa unit and we have too many resources put into it to get the production we are getting from it.

Both of our tackles are out hurt and we're absorbing Freebeards contract due to his retirement. How on earth do you plan ahead for something like that? When healthy, it's still an absolutely dominant unit.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Both of our tackles are out hurt and we're absorbing Freebeards contract due to his retirement. How on earth do you plan ahead for something like that? When healthy, it's still an absolutely dominant unit.
I've felt this way for 2 years now even before Fredericks retired. This unit is one of the highest paid in the league and it doesn't perform like the highest paid. We've invested 2nd and 3rd round picks in this line on guys who can't even get in the game. The resources we spent in this unit are falling flat. I'm not suggesting get rid of Tyron but this unit is not playing up to its potential and something needs to change.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I've felt this way for 2 years now even before Fredericks retired. This unit is one of the highest paid in the league and it doesn't perform like the highest paid. We've invested 2nd and 3rd round picks in this line on guys who can't even get in the game. The resources we spent in this unit are falling flat. I'm not suggesting get rid of Tyron but this unit is not playing up to its potential and something needs to change.

In what way does it not perform like one of the highest-paid (when healthy)? Zeke is consistently at the top of the league in rushing (which many people actually credit directly to the offensive line) and Dak is consistently at the bottom in sacks. In fact, Dallas was second-best in sacks allowed per game last season. In what way is that "falling flat"? What second-round pick isn't playing on the offensive line? So you don't want to invest picks, but you also don't want to spend money? How exactly do you want the team to address the offensive line?

It's like some of you guys never watch any other teams to gain a frame of reference.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In what way does it not perform like one of the highest paid (when healthy)? Zeke is consistently at the top of the league in rushing (when many people actually credit directly to the offensive line) and Dak is consistently at the bottom in sacks. In fact, Dallas was second-best in sacks allowed per game last season. In what way is that "falling flat"? It's like some of you guys never watch any other teams to gain a frame of reference.
They allowed one sack this past Sunday and I don't give them credit for that. They got better as the game went on but Zeke and Dak doing what they did not a reflection on the offensive line. I think they leave a lot to be desired in pass protection and run blocking. If 2014 AND 2016 are the ceiling.......this ain't it.

Tussinman

Reaction score
He "hardly ever plays"?
Solder refuses to play this year after literally stealing their money, Williams refuses to play last year and then demands a trade, and then Eagles starter gets season ending injury and the backup refuses to play unless he gets more money

Yeah the fans are right, Tyron is the one who hardly ever plays.......

quickccc

Reaction score
i would hope Collins, Badazzz, Williams and McGovern are our young foundation for the future of this OL.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
They allowed one sack this past Sunday and I don't give them credit for that. They got better as the game went on but Zeke and Dak doing what they did not a reflection on the offensive line. I think they leave a lot to be desired in pass protection and run blocking. If 2014 AND 2016 are the ceiling.......this ain't it.

So, you admit that you don't give the line credit when they perform well. You also refuse to credit the line for any of Zeke or Dak's success? So, no credit for allowing very few sacks, no credit for opening holes for the running back, no credit for keeping Dak upright and allowing him time... What exactly do you use as criteria for your assessment? How well they slap each other's *****?

fivetwos

Reaction score
tyron his first game graded out as the 52nd best tackle in the nfl.
I'm pretty sure this plus the injury was why we didnt see him in week two.

He needs to be healthy eventually. Cant do without that guy this year and expect success.

fivetwos

Reaction score
i would hope Collins, Badazzz, Williams and McGovern are our young foundation for the future of this OL.
Not sure how you exclude Martin and Collins in that mix.

Those two are much more of a given.

Williams at LT is a more interesting situation which I agree with trying, but the staff apparently doesnt agree, plus he simply doesn't look like a LT.

cern

Reaction score
reality is that minor injuries are being coddled more than in previous seasons with the expectation of hitting peak efficiency by the season's mid point. it's a consequence or limited practices, not a lot of hitting, covid 19, and lack of preseason. just think about the nfl stars who've already been lost for the season. mostly due to knee injuries. we're going to give some players more time if we think we can get by without them. and that's what i think is going on. nothing else.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So, you admit that you don't give the line credit when they perform well. You also refuse to credit the line for any of Zeke or Dak's success? So, no credit for allowing very few sacks, no credit for opening holes for the running back, no credit for keeping Dak upright and allowing him time... What exactly do you use as criteria for your assessment? How well they slap each other's *****?
They played well on Sunday to you?