News: BR: Don't Be Surprised If Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys Part Ways

Hadenough

Reaction score
Is Dak Brady? Mahomes? Aaron Rogers? Russell Wilson? Ben Roethlisberger? Drew Brees?
Or is he more of an Eli, Nick Foles, or Joe Flacko, who no one has ever accused of being transcendent talents?

Dak isn't the "top tier" that have been winning championships. He's not as good as they are. But he wants to be paid like he is, making it harder to put around him a team that can win without a top tier QB. Like the teams that had Eli and Flacko.
I pretty much agree with you! But Eli was a whole lot better than people give him credit. Once he got into the playoffs his play went up. His brother Peyton was a better regular season QB but Eli was a better playoff QB.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I'd say Dak is good enough to be competitive but yet to see him take control and be consistently dominant against strong teams when it mattered.
Bingo! You nailed it!!
Dak can throttle some bad teams but his play falls off a cliff against better teams. He gets fooled and cant control his nerves until the Cowboys are down by 20 points and the other teams defense finally relaxes a little bit. Dak leading the Cowboys to the playoffs has more to do with having a last place schedule against weak opponents.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
This whole time I thought no other Dallas QB would ever have the stain Tony had. Boy, was I wrong!!!;)

csirl

Reaction score
We're getting a lot of Dak might leave Dallas stuff in the media. This time last year the same type of media was saying Dak would be signed any day.

Safe to say Dak's publicists are generating this. Last year it was a PR campaign to try and influence the Cowboys reservations about him. I suspect they know he won't be resigned and are putting out these stories (and the "Dak is almost recovered" stories). We'll then move onto "Dak isnt interested in the Cowboys and wants a new challenge..." stories.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're getting a lot of Dak might leave Dallas stuff in the media. This time last year the same type of media was saying Dak would be signed any day.

Safe to say Dak's publicists are generating this. Last year it was a PR campaign to try and influence the Cowboys reservations about him. I suspect they know he won't be resigned and are putting out these stories (and the "Dak is almost recovered" stories). We'll then move onto "Dak isnt interested in the Cowboys and wants a new challenge..." stories.
Dak is toast in Dallas.
His Winston's fate awaits him.....

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Bingo! You nailed it!!
Dak can throttle some bad teams but his play falls off a cliff against better teams. He gets fooled and cant control his nerves until the Cowboys are down by 20 points and the other teams defense finally relaxes a little bit. Dak leading the Cowboys to the playoffs has more to do with having a last place schedule against weak opponents.

You mean the defense.

JBS

Reaction score
I pretty much agree with you! But Eli was a whole lot better than people give him credit. Once he got into the playoffs his play went up. His brother Peyton was a better regular season QB but Eli was a better playoff QB.

This post is so embarrassingly bad. You try to sound knowledgeable as if you have some information that few others know, when in reality this opinion is just flat out dumb. Eli Manning went to the playoffs 6x in 16 years. He won a playoff game in 2 seasons out of 16 years. Yes, in both of those seasons they won super bowls. But it's not bc eli was some great playoff qb. Just stop w this ridiculousness. You are just another one around here who has zero idea of what constitutes a good qb

Flamma

Reaction score
Bingo! You nailed it!!

The Cowboys window is closed with Dak IMO. I think he's good enough to take a well put together team to the SB on a rookie contract. Possibly. Dallas couldn't do that with Dak at a bargain. I don't see it getting any easier after they pay him.

rags

Reaction score
This post is so embarrassingly bad. You try to sound knowledgeable as if you have some information that few others know, when in reality this opinion is just flat out dumb. Eli Manning went to the playoffs 6x in 16 years. He won a playoff game in 2 seasons out of 16 years. Yes, in both of those seasons they won super bowls. But it's not bc eli was some great playoff qb. Just stop w this ridiculousness. You are just another one around here who has zero idea of what constitutes a good qb

Agreed. One ring was because of his defense. The second was because his WR made a miraculous catch.

rags

Reaction score
To paraphrase an old saying, better the QB you know than the QB you don't know.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Yeah your letting your emotions get in the way of rational thinking. Sure Eli got a little lucky but you can't say his play didn't get better in the playoffs. I believe he had an 8 TDs and 1 int in one of his runs while playing all the games on the road. Going into GB and beating Rodgers in the bad weather and out dialing Brady twice. Oh and by the way your an idiot. Your post just shows your ignorance.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
2022 sure BYE!!! he used us we use him plan for the future dont overpay elite money to just solid good player that sure can be great but never special...

blueblood70

Reaction score
both have 2 SBs so better playoffs? hoe many more playoffs did PM reach because of how good he was in the RS? many more i wont look it up but PM was ELITE

Elie was in the

Romo, dak, flacco, JG, and other catgory just below the others..i do give Eli credit but he had some great defenses and very good coaching whereas that was lost in the romo and dak ear but they ride in the tier 2 category for sure..

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

And sometimes a QB makes a one year run, like Nick Foles. But you don't pay elite money to a guy for maybe kicking it up in the playoffs, or having one big season.

That's the context. Who do you pay elite money to? Do you pay it to guys who aren't elite, hoping that they kick up their play during a playoff run? I say no.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I didn’t realize that Dak is the highest-rated passer in team history.